DJ
Years ago

Food at the Dome

With so much talk last season about the lack of quality or reasonably priced food, what was it like for the first game - I believe it is the same caters who have signed a multi year deal - so what was on offer, what did people eat and are the straight donughts back!!

Topic #4215 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wasn't willing to risk it - I ate before leaving home...

Reply #48955 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I had a pre-packaged roll that wasn't too flash, but then that's the standard wherever you go. Didn't spot a churro, but I didn't look for them.

Heard from the corp suites that the food was improved on last year, though they did deliver the courses in the wrong order. Sounds like an upgrade to me.

Other changes: All singlets besides Mark Davis' have been removed from the Western wall and replaced with the championship banners (not hung taught, looks a bit scrappy). The plan with the others (Ninnis, etc) is to frame them and make an honour wall somewhere.

Didn't spot any new team photos on the wall near the How Tall is Brett Maher thing. Tsk tsk.

Reply #48957 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

after buying the obligatory hot dog with sauce and biting into it i felt a warm sensation in my mouth.

To my suprise the Hot Dog was actually hot....a massive improvement.

Reply #48962 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Did they have cheese available with the hot dog?

That cheese they USED to have was gold !

Reply #48969 | Report this post

FMJ  
Years ago

no wonder they cost that much then..

Reply #48970 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

At the Tigers game it cost me $7.80 for a hot dog and bottle of water - no cheese, but free sauce and mustard.

Lucky I had a fairly big feed before I went.

Reply #48972 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

lol nice one FMJ - i just re read what i posted.

Reply #48974 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Was the cheese like GOLD because it was expensive and hard to find?
Someone told me the Capuccino's on Friday night were great, but last season I lined up 5 times only to find they had sold out or the machine broke down again.

Reply #48976 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

I kno is food couldnt possibly get any worse then last season

Reply #48981 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I bought a microwaved lamb yiros....probably served me right for buying something thats cooked by microwave...but $6.50 for something I wouldnt have fed to a dog.

Reply #48992 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

put it in a piki-nik basket yogee, mayb then it will be to your satisfaction.

Reply #49033 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

those yiros things IF you call it a yiros are the most disgusting thing possible, ewww

the hot dog though like mentioned before was strangely nice this year

Reply #49043 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Issac, I will be asking them about the team photos next home game (know an employee), do you know who is in charge of the organisation of the photos?

Reply #49145 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Your best bet is Teresa. Contact me privately for an email address, or call them on 8444 6444.

Reply #49161 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:34 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754