Luuuc
Years ago

Perth v New Zealand, Nov 12

4:00m local time

Jump the generation gap into timezone:
7:00pm AEDT
9:00pm NZDT

Important for the Cats to bounce back in this one.

Topic #42178 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

... and avoid the possibility of this happening again

Reply #656936 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Brilliant clip.

Reply #656938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a larger version of that .gif anywhere or a video? Can't seem to save it off the NBL's twitter.

Reply #657003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ at $3 were way too long

Reply #657019 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I actually hope the 'Cats continue to win so there aren't any roster changes made, because I don't think they're good enough to win the championship

Reply #657020 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I feel like Tokoto will cool down throughout the season and teams will learn how to lock him up

Reply #657021 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Anyone else notice that waxy walker is having a few brain fades lately?

Reply #657022 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Lucas Waxy?

Reply #657023 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Lucas "waxy" walker

Reply #657024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really hope Manu keeps posting because he shows his immense stupidity every single time.

Reply #657025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is the latest incarnation of the worst poster.

Reply #657026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waxy because he has a lot of it in his ears?

Reply #657028 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Slugfest. Edge to Perth at the moment, they are getting way too many drives to the hoop. Cotton still up Perth's sleeve and will have his say in P4.
Breaker need Abercrombie to step up. Pledge carrying the team so far.
Evens on boards.
FT woes continue for Breakers.

Reply #657030 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Reffing is a disgrace four fouls on Brandt maybe one was there

Reply #657031 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Man... just because you're too thick to look outside your own little box, you assume others are nonsensical. Textbook sheep. How do you go picking up things like allusion, allegory, metaphor etc?

Reason I said that is because I hear Homicide refer to him as only 'Lucas Waxy. Earlier this quarter was the first time I heard otherwise.

Reply #657032 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

I feel like Hire has gotten to the point where he is a wasted roster spot, doesn't appear to offer as much as he used to, which to be honest, wasn't a lot apart from rebounding and hustle.

Reply #657033 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I don't think relying on hustle and tough-shot-making is enough to get Perth a championship this year. It kinda was last season but they don't have as much creativity off the dribble this time

Reply #657034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu is predicting who won't win a title. What a champion!

Reply #657035 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Hustle? I'm not seeing much Hustle, if Perth defend the pick and roll that poorly they won't win much. If NZ get away with this much they will sweep the season from here

Reply #657036 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Same dude going after me on multiple threads without a moniker... pathetic. But if you have an insightful response, hit me back. Go!

Reply #657037 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Hustle is the only thing keeping them in the game rn, J

Reply #657038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're the same guy who openly says he hates the Cats. You don't deserve an insightful response because you're just trolling.

Reply #657039 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

You dismiss the validity of all my points because I don't like the 'Cats. Good you're a sheep. Done with you man.

Oh Ili. Baby!

Reply #657040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way too easy for Ili there, Wildcats defence is a shadow of what is was.

Reply #657041 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I keep waiting for Shea Ili to crash back down to earth, but doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.

Reply #657042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You started in this thread (like many others) hating on the Cats but then you expect proper responses.

Reply #657043 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

God*

I fear the 'Cats will replace Cooke very soon.

Reply #657044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get the baords you morons

Reply #657045 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ili just dominated the last 40 seconds of this game.

Reply #657046 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Agree re: Cooke, will be replaced. It's quite evident he picked up basketball later in life.

Shea Ili should have been receiving all the attention Kyle Adnam's been thrown.

Reply #657047 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

If you move off the ball that makes passes easier and spreads the floor. It's what you've got to do against Perth or they'll smother you. Blueprint game

Reply #657048 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Looking forward to the Perth roster changes tomorrow morning @ 9am.

Reply #657049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than waiting eight games.

Reply #657050 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Cairns the other big Losers today I expected that but Perth loss was a shock.
Win or lose Cooke needs to go and Brandt needs to go back to bench with new big starting.

Reply #657051 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

How good this Breakers team could be if we could actually make free throws.

And Shea Ili. No words.

Reply #657052 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

This NZ team has all bases covered. Tough defensively they can score in a variety of ways and have a strong bench. So impressive!

Reply #657054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sosa and Newbill have been excellent. The Breakers nailed it with those two. Complement the rest of the roster beautifully.

Reply #657055 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

that's six games NZ has won by 6 points or less. They're good at closing out close ones.

That result also means every team has now lost at home and NZ are still yet to lose on the road.

Reply #657056 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Nz played great. Nz has had the calls go their way in two close games in a row now. Some disgraceful officiating, I thought it really hurt the cats again. Maybe not as much as their pick and roll d, but the foul trouble and some phantom calls that send Nz to the line was painful to watch. Especially when Nz didn't seem to be getting called for the same stuff and appeared to be playing a more physical style of ball. Exhibit A for Perth not getting home cooking!

Reply #657057 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Agree. Jr does need to go. He looked lost the whole game.

McKay announcement in 12 hours?

I do feel the reffing was too harsh for both sides. Let the game flow.

Just my $0.05

Reply #657058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do not think McKay would help as a big man, the league has moved on in talent. Cats would need a Boone style caliber center who can score as well as rebound.

49 points from Cotton and Tokoto and everyone else was MIA.

Also thinking Martins contribution not as evident as before, maybe age starting to catch-up. With his poor scoring input he has to really excel on the defense or its just 4 v 5 on the scoring side.

Reply #657059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GREAT result. Hate Perth, took NZ +6.5.

Reply #657060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have taken NZ 1-10 ^^^^^

Way better odds

Reply #657061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt trust the refs out west. So played it safe.

Reply #657062 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Agree that they need a big rebounding center. J i dont think the reffing would have made much of a difference to the result. NZ had perths measure in all areas for most of the night. Cats had too many passengers and their defense looks a shadow of what it used to be.

Reply #657063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair enough. But if any team is gonna beat the Cats at home it's NZ. And it's gonna be a small win coz refs and the Cats team obvs. So 1-10 was a pretty educated little bet

Reply #657064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must have been Chris Reid's fault. Just ask Koberulz

Reply #657066 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wow, I stand corrected on NZ

Didn't think Newbill would be this good. Ili obviously taking big steps forward

Kirk Penney is like 41 years old and is shooting like 75% from 3 this season (or whatever), whatta legend

Kudos NZ. I promise to now pay you the attention you thoroughly deserve

Reply #657072 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Also thinking Martins contribution not as evident as before, maybe age starting to catch-up. With his poor scoring input he has to really excel on the defense or its just 4 v 5 on the scoring side."

Martin had 7 assists, no turnovers and 3 offensive rebounds tonight. That's a very strong offensive contribution. It's strange how many can't see how important he is to the Cats offence after all these years.

Add that to the fact he subdued Sosa two games in a row and he's going as strong as ever, albeit in a slightly different style than when he was young.

Reply #657074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ just shot the lights out of the ball, doubt that's sustainable.

Reply #657075 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Must have been Chris Reid's fault. Just ask Koberulz
I've never accused him of bias, merely incompetence.

Reply #657076 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Cats lose. J complains about the reffing.

Cats win........

Set you clock by it.

Reply #657077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feels like wildcats now have 2 sharpshooters to be bench warmers. Lost because of woeful long range shooting and Steindl and dexter sit on the bench. Look forward to the splitting the 2 minutes Gleeson gives them.

Meanwhile Greg hire still gets plenty of minutes.

Reply #657078 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Reffing was harsh, a lot of soft calls, but it wasn't biased. If anything Cats possibly faired slightly better. Problem was that losing Brandt (to high fouls then injury) hurt us a lot more than losing Loe hurt NZ.

Apart form the injury to Brandt, I actually enjoyed the game. The rivalry between these two teams is intense and they never fail to disappoint.
I prefer to see us win at home, but you can't always get what you want.
Enjoyed watching that far more than what Gaze served up.

Reply #657080 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Steindl joined the team yesterday, he'll see more minutes in future games.

Reply #657081 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Gleeson said he was unhappy with the way he used Stiendl

Reply #657082 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Reffing wasn't great, fact. I also stated our pick and roll defence was what really cost us. But that's ok ftsos.

Reply #657087 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

God damn ... how good were the Breakers tonight! :O
That was just clinical. Only reason it was close was their atrocious free throw shooting.
Credit to the cats for hanging around despite not much dropping for us, but at the same time it never really felt like an even contest.

Henare putting the faith in Ili down the stretch and getting rewarded big time.

TG may not have been happy with the way he used Steindl, but I always figured anything we got out of him today would be a bonus anyway.
Bugger of a game to not be able to call on Matty Knight.
I don't think McKay is the answer though. I really don't see him as much different to Cooke.

Reply #657088 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

As for the reffing, it felt to me like we got as many as we copped. These 2 NZ-PER games struck me as tough ones to officiate.

Reply #657089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Gleeson said he was unhappy with the way he used Stiendl'

At least an hour tonight of self flagellation

Reply #657091 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

For multiple reasons, I am glad Knight retired

Reply #657097 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Rotations were baffling, breakers = clutch! Feels like last season, just got one piece missing.

Tokoto, is better than I thought and still feel like everyone expects cotton to hit every shot.

Perimeter shooting has been our down fall for a while and having two players that a capable are warming the bench, I don't understand.

Still in good shape, all depends how you finish the season not how you start it.

Congrats on mika vukona, probably spelt it wrong been a player you love to hate but admire he goes hard every night.

Reply #657105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton had two three point shots in a row that looked like money rim out. Six points was the final margin.

Reply #657107 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Great win in a tough enviroment.
loving Pledgers form at the moment

Reply #657111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to buy some more overpaid imports Perth

Reply #657112 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

The reffing was bad today but moreso it felt like any chance of gaining momentum was nixed by strange calls but New Zealand were absolutely clutch.

I said to the person next to me that I don't rate Newbill, he looks too fat, short, slow whatever but he is always contributing and I looked at his stats at half time and he was killing us. Ili is a better player than Sosa and we will continue seeing that throughout the season.

I don't normally hang shit on Trevor Gleeson but he got out coached tonight and can anybody on this site explain to me why when the Wildcats are in the bonus why we have (I can't recall the bigs) Kenny, Martin and Hire on the court at the same time... Cotton and Tokoto should be on and trying to get to the free throw line, that Adelaide vs Illawarra game showed how critical getting to the charity stripe is and we simply won't without natural penetrators. Also late in game with game on the line, if there is a Wildcats fan in the stadium happy to see Hire on and leaving both DKD and Steindl on the bench then I can't understand why as that was beyond rediculous and we just can't trust Hire. Also to add to that, can Kenny get the flu or something and we can play Mason Bragg, that kid can get to the hoop and is ideal in the bonus.

As for potential imports, I'd love a Markell Gladness to join us but we don't have the talent to compete even with him and need someone with more low post moves and we NEED someone to replace Matty Knight's talk on defence as that felt sadly missed.

Lastly so Knight is part of the red army for years and turns up to the game and gets cheered wearing an olive green shirt, I wonder if that pissed off some Wildcats staff

Reply #657117 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Kudos to Pauli Henare for his recruiting, use of veterans and game calls.
Penney and Vukona have been sensational this past month after starting the season almost washed up.
Shea Ili has been a revelation and now entrusted with closing games out because he is fearless taking the ball to the hoop. His 15 foot J has become very reliable and a good go to option for him.
Newbill fantastic. My only knock on him he is careless at the point and exposes the ball too much. That aside what a well rounded player who does not mind "D"ing it up, something a lot of imports aren't prepared to do.
Pledge is in tremendous form, one of the few bigs who can take and hit the 15' J without hesitation.
Sosa I am not taken with except for his passing.He has got the ugliest jump shot i have seen but he hits enough to defy form and looks.
Abercrombie not as prominent as at start of season but hits enough wide open 3's to contribute.
Rob Loe is an enigma and thank god we don't have to rely on him except for his 5 fouls.
All in all though hats off to the best team in the competition at the moment.

Reply #657124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers were not highly fancied by many of us after the pre-season and recruiting either. Doing with with an import spot unused, unless I've forgotten someone.

Reply #657139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cats have so many non-scorers that defensively it becomes easy to put your best defenders on the 2-3 that can score regualrily and then rely on the other guys doing very little.

You saw it so many times when only cotton or JP were realistically going to do anything the other guys on court were going through the motions.

I think in the last quarter when the 3s from Perth were not going in, Gleeson should of brought Steindl on. What they were doing wasnt working and coach didnt react to it.

Cats are not defensive juggernaughts of previous years, they have to try and win more games offessively. Kirk Penny was a defensive liability for NZ yet he blew us away with 17 points. Scoring > Defense + No scoring.

Reply #657144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why have Martin and Kenny on at the same time at all when you have DKD and Steindl on the bench who can shoot?

Reply #657150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the Wildcats in Trouble? No

Do the Wildcats need to make import changes? Maybe

Wildcats lost two games to the best team in the league by less than 10 points on both occasions and had chances to win both games.

Wildcats didn't play that great yet were still in it.

Wildcats had no answer for NZ's zone.

NZ are firing on all cylinders and playing great team basketball and defence.

NZ have a spare import spot - which is just scary at this time of the season given their record!

Reply #657153 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I also don't think Perth are in trouble but I do think an import change is needed.

I would swap Cooke for an import power forward/ centre. Send Walker to the bench and if Brandt gets in foul trouble the import could play centre with Walker or Wagstaff at 4 spot.

Steindl should see more minutes this time with settling in and I lol forward to the scoring punch he gives the second unit.

Need someone of Josh Boone level.

Reply #657164 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

* look forward.

Reply #657165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What sort of imports are available in the mold of Josh Boone these days?

I think Cooke has until December.

Reply #657168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They apparently are paying $600K to Cotton? Seems like a huge overpay because of that one GF game where he scored 45. My point is because he is on so much money does this limit Cats bringing in another top tier import?

Reply #657177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is just a rumour an anon on Hoops started.

Reply #657178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what is he on?

Reply #657182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who knows?

Reply #657190 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Jameel McKay on Twitter after last nights game "Bring me home"

Still lists himself as a Wildcat too.....personally wouldn't hate the move if the Cats brought in McKay as a more polished 5 to back up Brandt.

Cooke Jnr seems like a great guy and all but this is pro hoops so if Perth can improve they should.

Reply #657192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McKay isn't the answer either. Perth need a low post scorer, not someone who just relies on athleticism to score some putbacks.

Reply #657194 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I would've taken McKay before Knight went down, but I'm not sure he's the type we need now.

Reply #657196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rakeem Christmas just became available after parting ways with his Turkish team.

Reply #657199 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's not a rumour that Cotton is on $600K is was written by a journo in a Daily Telegraph article the other day about the Kings signing of Randle.

It specifically mentioned in the article that the Kings are paying Randle $400K for the rest of the season but that doesn't compared to the highest paid being Cotton on $600K at Perth.

Reply #657200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how anons say oh $600K is a rumour then when you ask them what he is paid they reply with "Who knows?" Why even contribute to this forum with that sort of garbage? Thanks Zodiac knew I read it somewhere. and to the anon - owned!

Reply #657203 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I love how anons say oh $600K is a rumour then when you ask them what he is paid they reply with "Who knows?" Why even contribute to this forum with that sort of garbage?
How is that garbage? If no reliable sources have confirmed his salary, then any number is a rumour.

In this particular case evidently the anon was mistaken, but that doesn't make their logic bad.

Reply #657205 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If you take what a journo writes as gospel then contact me, I have stuff for sale at cheap prices.

Reply #657206 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Here we are.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/sydney-kings-sign-jerome-randle-jeremy-tyler-in-bid-to-save-season/news-story/13a688ca2ab9671fd18bf90e64b24097

The only issue I would take with that is it was rumoured that to lure David Andersen back from Europe Melb Utd gave him a 2 year deal worth $500-$600K a year. So if true not sure how this would make Randle the second highest paid behind only Cotton.

Andersen obviously being worth no where near that may have renegotiated with Melb in the offseason to take a pay cut I doubt it or perhaps those initial rumours at the time of his signing were wrong.

FWIW, Boti also reported that Goulding is on $400K a year at Melb United.

Reply #657208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like I said... the link is in Zodiac's post yet people are still asking "source"? LOL

Reply #657209 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

"Rakeem Christmas just became available after parting ways with his Turkish team." doubt he will be cheap

Reply #657210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean the rumours are unsubstantiated even when coming from a journo?

Reply #657211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL players have gone from being underpaid to being overpaid in such a short period of time...

Reply #657212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doing a search on this site for players salaries reveals a whole bunch of rumours. In fact, the 600k Cotton rumour started when he first signed with Perth. Just because one was printed elsewhere, doesn't make it true.

Reply #657214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/sydney-kings-sign-jerome-randle-jeremy-tyler-in-bid-to-save-season/news-story/13a688ca2ab9671fd18bf90e64b24097

Reply #657215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"doubt he will be cheap"
Why go cheap? If we are looking for a solid replacement then what is the point in getting some C grader? We know the wildcats have deep pockets.

Reply #657216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh I see, posting a link to the same article confirms the contents of it are 100% true...

Reply #657217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh I see, let's believe anon's rather than a news article written by a journalist.

Reply #657219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey anon please share with us payroll details of NBL players since you seem to be such an expert that you can discredit the article.

Reply #657222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*slaps head*

Reply #657225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think people would be surprised about how often anon posts about salaries (statements rather than guesses) are likely to be fairly accurate. Word gets out very quickly, especially when the number is notable (either high or low). Examples of high: Cotton, Randle, Lisch, Goulding, etc. Of low: what the Blaze got Deleon and Hudson for, etc.

FWIW, from separate solid sources re Randle, I heard $400k and $20k/game. Kings have 20 games still to come, though I don't know which ones Randle is expected to play.

Obviously, anyone is allowed to play the "I won't believe it until the ATO verify" game - go your hardest.

Reply #657253 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I think people would be surprised about how often anon posts about salaries (statements rather than guesses) are likely to be fairly accurate.
Anons, by nature of being anons, have no inherent credibility. It's also something about which it's pretty easy to simply make something up. There are quite often wildly different numbers floating around for the same player.

There's also the fact that I've seen salaries mentioned on here that were around four times what they were in reality.

I'm somewhat skeptical of that article, given that claiming Cotton and Randle are the two highest-paid players requires knowing every salary in the entire league. Outside of Cairns, at least.

$20,000/game was what Cotton was rumored to be on last year, wasn't it?

Reply #657257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Further to that, I don't need to know the salaries of all players to suspect that a comment about one player's salary is based off a rumour.

Reply #657260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$30K/game I believe kr.

Which correlates roughly to $600K funnily enough.

The issue one anon had with the other was the anon disputing figures didn't actually provide any figure himself and replies only with:

"Who knows?"

Reply #657266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think if the anon disputing a figure e.g. the $600K one would then reply with what he believes what it is rather than "don't now" which is absolutely ridiculous. How can you dispute a figure but then have no idea what it should be? Troll!

Reply #657267 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He's not saying 'that figure is wrong', he's saying 'there is no reliable basis for that figure'.

Reply #657274 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Also $30k/game is well over $800k.

Reply #657275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well the $600k makes sense then if it's $20k/week.

That's 30 weeks.

Reply #657277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He's not saying 'that figure is wrong', he's saying 'there is no reliable basis for that figure'."

There is no basis for him to say there is no bassi for the figure when he has absolutely no idea (even ballpark) himself. Ridiculous.

Reply #657278 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anons, by nature of being anons, have no inherent credibility. It's also something about which it's pretty easy to simply make something up. There are quite often wildly different numbers floating around for the same player.
I think in theory, it's easy to make things up, but in practice, it happens less often than you'd expect with salary guesses. Maybe it's because I can see IPs and differentiate anons, but I find that it seems a bit obvious when someone is posting wrong info intentionally (rather than repeating a bad rumour).

It's possible that bad numbers come from people extrapolating differently or confusing net/gross in import deals or whatever else.

Same thing with general rumours. The blatant fakes are few and easy to tell. If one doesn't come through, it's usually that a club changed plans or was close to a deal but then fell apart over a finer detail or whatever.

Reply #657279 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Just a theory....but I actually think that Perth have someone lined up to replace Cooke already. Cooke is just a fill in and was always signed as insurance for Knight until later in the season when they could get a better import.

They will most likely release him during the break for the Boomers qualifier giving some time for the new import to get cleared and gel with the team.

They will get considerably more bang for their buck by signing a gun import on a 3-4 month contract as opposed to 6-7 months. Probably cottoned on (pun intended) to doing this when they signed Bryce Cotton.

Reply #657280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When people on here are losing or struggling with their arguments they always fall back on the "but you're an anon" fallacy.

Reply #657281 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I hear Jarred Weeks is on $300,000 per year

Reply #657282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You got your comma in the wrong place. All Cairns players are on $3,000.00 per season.

Reply #657283 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

You might be right Train but Gleeson sounded pretty adamant about keeping Cooke after the game last night.

Reply #657285 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There is no basis for him to say there is no bassi for the figure when he has absolutely no idea (even ballpark) himself. Ridiculous.
Okay you're clearly trolling at this point.

Maybe it's because I can see IPs and differentiate anons, but I find that it seems a bit obvious when someone is posting wrong info intentionally
I'm disinclined to believe anything on here unless I have other information that makes it seem credible. Sometimes that information is 'this meshes with information from another source', sometimes it's 'I know this to be true', sometimes it's 'this person has a track record of being reliable'. Between the IP visibility and your own sources, you're in a better position on all three fronts when assessing posts by anons.

Just a theory....but I actually think that Perth have someone lined up to replace Cooke already.
I said back in week one his minutes weren't a great sign for his future, and was roundly mocked.

Reply #657286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many last season said Cotton was on $20k/week. He wouldn't re-sign for a pay cut this season, and $20/week correlates to 30 weeks (pre season + regular season + playoffs) for $600k. Yet now all of a sudden the same figure that was accepted in the past is disputed because people don't like what multiplying one with other results in $600k? Baffling.

Reply #657287 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You might be right Train but Gleeson sounded pretty adamant about keeping Cooke after the game last night.
Even if they weren't planning on letting him go before Knight retired, there's surely no way they can keep him now. Walker and Vague have played the five spot ahead of him late in close games this year, and that's not going to work long-term.

Reply #657288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Assuming there's a budget for it.

Reply #657289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Cooke is gone I expect it to happen in Late Nov/Early Dec.

This will coincide with Boomers games, potential open air game in mid-december and hopman cup away games, to detract from the cutting.

Reply #657290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To detract from it? You think people won't notice?

Reply #657292 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

People will notice no matter when it's done.
Knights retirement has Perth on the Backfoot and something needs to be done asap .

Reply #657294 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

The cats have so many non-scorers
Yeah, that Rhys Vague has really been struggling.
Perth have the best depth of scorers we have seen for a while. There is nobody you can disrespect, and not risk them lighting you up.

Granted, guys like DKD, Hire, and even Wagstaff run hot & cold, but the risk is still there. Leave them open and you risk them running hot.

Reply #657297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hire run hot? What a joker! Maybe in 2012 but not anytime in recent memory

Reply #657298 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

The difference was pretty obvious. We simply got out-muscled inside. Brandt toiled, then got into foul-trouble, then got injured. Cooke was woeful.
As somebody said, what a game to lose Matty Knight.

McKay was similar to Cooke, but better. I agree that at the moment what we need is more a Gladness or even Charles Jackson type. But guys that size, who can actually play, are in much higher demand.
There may also be concerns that Waxy and Waggy are two of the oldest guys???

Reply #657299 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm fairly certain Greg Hire scored 20 points in a home game in 2017 but last season.

I'd still take having 20 points from Steindl or DKD over Hire as they may keep shooting but Hire did have a pretty impressive game not that long back

Reply #657529 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:11 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754