Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 7

Fri 7:00pm - Bendigo vs Perth

Sat 2:30pm - Adelaide vs Townsville
Sat 3:00pm - Melbourne vs UC Capitals (Foxtel)

Sun 2:00pm - Dandenong vs Bendigo (@ Traralgon)
Sun 1:00pm - Perth vs Sydney Uni

Topic #42202 | Report this topic

AshT  
Years ago

Shame Foxtel couldn't put a couple of commentators on a plane (if necesary) and TV the Adel v Town game. They would already have equipment set up for 36ers v Kings game straight after.

Times televised by team:

Melb 6
Dand 5
Bend 4
Syd 4
Canb 3
Adel 2
Perth 2
Town 2

Reply #657686 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Yeah Adelaide Townsville is match of the round. Perth Sydney could be close with Sydney being fresh compared to travelling Perth.

Spirit, Capitals winning would be an upset. Though how well Rangers deal with their depth now is a guess

Reply #657760 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

It'll be interesting to see how Adelaide goes after that thumping by Townsville not that long ago.. I'm going with Townsville in that one, but by a much closer margin than their last meeting.

Reply #657953 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Bendigo must be the only team happy this season is going to be a short one. Doesn't seem to be a good shooting night, but Whitcomb starring for Perth atm with a half to play

Reply #658004 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

A good smashing is just what we needed to allow our starters to rest. Lynx up 29 with one quarter to play.

Reply #658009 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Perth Lynx should virtually go undefeated from here on.

Reply #658012 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Not all the starters can rest with only 4 on the bench but agree they should rest as much as possible.

This game is why "Stop, Stop! He's Already Dead" meme was created.

Reply #658015 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Anyone still give Dandy a chance? Or is it a 5 team race already?

Reply #658016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dandy would need to cut the spanish pg and bring in a high level wnba level wing.

Reply #658020 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I don't feel like they're a realistic chance anymore. They were not especially deep anyway, and even less so now, especially in the bigs dept.

Reply #658021 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

They're going to be more of a "banana peel" matchup compared to Canberra or Bendigo for the rest of the season but I can't see them getting into that top 5, no. Not now Sarah Blicavs is out. They're going to have to rely heavily of St.Blicavs and Pedersen and hope the others like Mijovic get hot game-to-game.

I feel like we've always been too negative on Bendigo/Canberra but it's tough to evaluate them as a good side compared to the others. They just don't have the class this off-season when the rest of the teams seemed to take a step up.

Perth is really luck in regards to getting Courtney Williams. They'd have been toast with a burnt-out Whitcomb their only focal point and another import of Dowe's quality instead. So she's been a real coup.

Reply #658025 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Yeh Perth could be scary if Whitcomb gets going. I definitely favour them to overtake Adelaide

Reply #658026 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

"Shame Foxtel couldn't put a couple of commentators on a plane (if necesary) and TV the Adel v Town game."

Does Jenni Screen live in Adelaide? If so it looks like they've put her on a plane, just so we can get yet another Boomers game.

Reply #658135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fire applying the blow torch to Adelaide again. Their depth is the difference in this one.

Reply #658142 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Someone finally told this guy that there's only one 'b' in Magbegor.

Screen is good value IMO.

Reply #658144 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

I will admit I had a good laugh each time he said 'Magbegbor'

Reply #658146 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Screen is good but this guy is struggling. My favourite was when he yelled 'Good shot!' for a miss

Reply #658147 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Wow, Townsville just steamrolling the competition right now. 3 huge wins in a row.

Reply #658148 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

A lazy 23 and 14 for Batkovic

Reply #658149 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

A nightmare game from Hooper - 1/12 and 4 turnovers

Reply #658150 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Townsville v Cambage for the grand final series, Sydney to get close. Adelaide or Perth fighting for the last semi spot.

Kinda sad the season doesn't lend itself to bad teams catching up. It's more than half way over after this round.

Reply #658166 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Hooper's form is coinciding with Caps form.

I'm having a few bucks on Conti for league MVP. She's doing all the interviews and pressers, so I figure she must be the frontrunner. Good to see though.

Reply #658172 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

That's AFLW's Monique Conti Who Also Plays in the WNBL to you and me.

Reply #658177 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Ha ha. I'm trying to recall where I heard she's been drafted to AFLW??

Reply #658187 | Report this post

Deimos 25  
Years ago

Was anyone at the Lightning v Fire game?

Reply #658232 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Yikes - the video Mistie Bass tweeted does not give Liz a very good look at all..
https://twitter.com/A_Phoenix_Born/status/931820445979963392/video/1

I'm really surprised at that Adelaide/Townsville margin.. I'd have thought they would've learned their lessons from last time and especially play better on their home court. They certainly aren't getting many contributions outside of Bishop, which is a concern because early in the season it seemed like they had quite a good spread going.

Reply #658246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the league had any guts it would suspend Cambage. But she's a big name, so they'll do nothing

Reply #658249 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Not good, Liz. Not good at all.

Reply #658261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looked bad when I watched it live, looks worse in slow mo.

Reply #658263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cambage needs putting on a chain, she's a dam disgrace to the league, but fits right in with Boomers

Reply #658268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cambage needs putting on a chain, she's a dam disgrace to the league, but fits right in with Boomers"

They not put your daughter on pay roll or?

Reply #658270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, Cambage should get a suspension for intentional act.
The Lightning are looking worse as the season goes on. Clydesdales been relegated back to the bench.

Reply #658280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WNBL match review panel should judge the Cambage incident as off the ball, forceful and intentional. 2 weeks with an early guilty plea down to 1 week.

Reply #658283 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

I'm thinking the Lightning's hot start was inflated due to the teams they played early. They're probably thereabouts for that final playoffs spot, but I think their true indicator will be when they come up against the Lynx who seem to have sorted out their early season gelling issues since they last met. At the moment though, I'd have Perth overtaking them for the final spot.

The league really needs to take a stand on that type of behaviour, the footage of it is very damning and you can't try and defend that to say it wasn't intentional.. I was shocked (but not surprised) by her spray at her teammate who just missed her under the basket. Funnily enough though later in the game she missed Cole in a similar fashion, who didn't go off at her for it.

Reply #658290 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm still waiting for Perth to play some quality teams away before labelling us an indicator of anything significant.
Recent signs have been promising of course, but winning at home, and beating a Griffin-less, Laney-less, Spirit in Bendigo, don't reveal too much.

Today will be a better test. Looking forward to this one.

Reply #658294 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Agreed Luuc. Perth needs to win a few more away games against strong opponents.

Today will be interesting because they should be more traveled and tired than Sydney, who had no problem winning in Perth in Rd 1.

Reply #658296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #658270

""
"Cambage needs putting on a chain, she's a dam disgrace to the league, but fits right in with Boomers"

They not put your daughter on pay roll or?""

joker in every pack....dont have any daughters retard,just happen to think her behavior and attitude is atrocious, brings nothing to the sport,
that move she did on Bass showed her true character, immature and irresponsible, her jeering at the crowd, directly at the BA officials who were there watching when she didn't like the foul called a couple of weeks ago, absolutely disgraceful.....you dont see others behaving like this , as I said needs to be put on a chain, and a short one at that till she grows up and starts acting like a professional

Reply #658298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cambage is an embarrassment. The league
Won't do anything about controlling her ways
It’s a shame when boomers are all about family
But they won’t discipline her.

Reply #658313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz is the best player in the league.

Reply #658323 | Report this post

Danny Green  
Years ago

Snell no minutes v Lynx so far - injured pre-game?

Reply #658416 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Well done Dandenong. Looked like an ok match from both sides. Lavey helping out on the scorings. Seems she and Palau are seeing game time next to each other.

Sydney trailing by three to Williams. Gosh she's good.

Reply #658442 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

What did Cambage do? How come an elite player have these issues?

Reply #658478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth get lucky again with opposition team Sydney undermanned.
Rangers just win to keep their season alive whilst Bendigo are done n dusted. Lavey stepped up big time for Rangers.

Reply #658499 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Tough for Sydney if Snell is out but Perth definitely passed a test this round having to travel to the other side of the country and back.

Reply #658500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Laveys best game since, ever...

Reply #658502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re: WNBL Round 7
Liz is the best player in the league.

haha.....ok Mum

shes big thats about it, plenty of better players than her with far better attitudes to go with it

Reply #658510 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Perth were unconvincing today I thought. A full strength Sydney may well have got it done.
Snelly will hopefully be back for next game. She was a precautionary out, and clearly a very late decision.
Flames had stages of picking us apart nicely, but interrupted with periods of sloppiness that would have been a lot fewer with another vet out there.
Mind you, Perth missed a lot of good looks from outside too. A few more of those drop and it's over earlier. But I remain unconvinced, especially up front.
Happy to scrap a win though. I'll take it!

Reply #658537 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

btw how does the ladder on WNBL.com.au manage to be so wrong all the time??

Reply #658550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL Someone here couldn't get a date with Liz it seems. The move was a punk move but this dude is over the top.

Reply #658556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting results this weekend. I think Townsville, Sydney and Boomers should make finals. Adelaide, Perth and Rangers to battle out the 4th spot. However, injuries will play a determining factor aswell.

Reply #658573 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah I think it goes without saying that any predictions are contingent on health.
Fire & Boomers looking very good atm. Damn shame that round 3 was the last time we see the Fire on TV (until the playoffs). Big test for the Boomers this Thursday heading up to Townsville.
I feel like Sydney should be fine too.

Perth have a fairly tough remaining draw, and Adelaide's form is shakey, so yeah the Rangers shouldn't be writing off their playoff hopes just yet. Lavey finally stood up this round. If Mijovic joins in as well then they're still a potent team.

Reply #658583 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Courtney Williams gets Player of the Week honours

Reply #658689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re: WNBL Round 7
LOL Someone here couldn't get a date with Liz it seems. The move was a punk move but this dude is over the top.

maybe go check out the other Liz thread....seems many didnt get dates
fact is shes an embarrassment

Reply #658695 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

WNBL Team of the Week:
Micaela Cocks
Tessa Lavey
Courtney Williams
Asia Taylor
Suzy Batkovic

#Shade

Reply #658808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch that become the penalty,

"We didn't include her in the TOTW, are you not entertained?"

Reply #658811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz was stiff to miss out.

Mistie's thigh to get into the team of the week next round if Townsville get a vote.

Reply #658812 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

MVP honours will be interesting, I'd say there's a clear top 4: Batkovic, Cambage, Taylor and Williams. Then next tier is the likes of Bishop, St.Blicavs, Whitcomb.

Reply #658814 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Out of curiousity given I don't remember a WNBL player being suspended before, does anyone know if being suspended rules a player ineligible to win MVP at seasons end - similar to the AFL and the Brownlow?

Reply #658828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Brigitte Ardossi was suspended for a game for tripping a Townsville player a few years ago.. maybe Rachel McCully??

Reply #658831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canberra imposed the Ardossi suspension not the WNBL to uphold their values and culture of their club!

Reply #658840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It certainly should prevent her being eligible for MVP, who wants behaviour like what she exhibits as being acknowledged as MVP material, absolute joke

Reply #658844 | Report this post

Double Dribble  
Years ago

Well I won't be a member for the Boomers next season if they have that clown Liz on there team. She puts herself up there, but falls far too short.
There is no one at Melbourne that is will to get her to pull her BIG head in.
After watching the Foxtel coverage both commentators acted as if had never taken place. But it was plainly obvious what she did to Misty.
Yeah Right MVP of the Clowns.

Reply #658895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Double dribble I'm ripping mine up too, she's an embarrassment, and I think she's a two year signing as well
Not a club I want to belong too

Reply #658904 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754