Anonymous
Years ago

James Harvey comments on Homicide

I enjoyed Harvey getting involved in the discussion last night about Homicide's opinions. Some shots fired!

On Homicide's comments about Cotton being a "one hit wonder":

"If he thinks Cotton is a one-hit wonder, that's one more hit than Homicide had."

On Homicide's opinions generally:

"He was quick to throw his panties on the stage for the Kings and say they'd make the play-offs, then they go on to choke."

Harvey re-affirming his status as one of the best and most versatile commentators out there.

Interesting that Tragardh later said he found it "laughable" that Randle could be rated as the top PG - it seems that despite the stats and MVP last year, he has a lot of doubters and that might be backed up by the play-off collapse and also Adelaide not wanting to re-sign him.

Topic #42216 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm enjoying the banter in general, both during the broadcasts and outside of them, between the commentators.
Say what you want about Homicide's opinions, but they are certainly generating some discussion and some good value responses.

Reply #658116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Management within the NBL & Fox want Homicide to make controversial comments to keep people talking about the NBL. And..He thinks much more of himself than the rest of the basketball community because the reality is.. his commentary skills are Horrendous!!

All you have to do is quietly ask one of the other commentators and they will surely tell you truth about why he's one of the commentry team.

Reply #658120 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

^i thought this was clearly obvious and common knowledge.

They want him to be the Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith of the NBL.

It's working somewhat.

People are talking about it.

He’s playing a role and some die hard NBL fans are getting worked by it.

Reply #658122 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Homicide has had no hits? Sounds to me he has a few on the reg :)

Reply #658126 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Some may call me biased but...

Reply #658127 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I love all the chatter going on about the NBL, it's good fun and something we've never really had. I have had a number of non-basketball fans chat to me at work etc about some of the NBL arguments they see on twitter.

Reply #658128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont even think homicide believes half the shit he speaks. Just trying to raise his profile by trolling fans

Reply #658132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide and heal are trying to be skip and Steven A. It's moderatley entertaining.

Reply #658138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love Homicide. He is funny and adds an interest level

Reply #658141 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

James Harvey is a surprisingly excellent commentator. I think he is one of the best, and I hope that he can build a solid second career with it.

Reply #658145 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I think Harvey is pretty good too. The best of the 'expert' commentators without any baggage, if you discard the minor controversy from years ago.

Reply #658154 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Harvey is a knucklehead full stop.

Reply #658162 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

What controversy?

Reply #658207 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Associations with Ben Cousins et al and the lifestyle that went with it.

Reply #658210 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2007/s1880247.htm

Reply #658213 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

Maybe he needed to tranquillize a small horse?

Reply #658222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What influence would FOX have over the commentators when the NBL pay the commentators?

Reply #658223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the commentators this year have been pretty decent. Some decent insights/comments and solid banter going on.

Only one I absolutely can't stand is Dwayne Russell

Reply #658224 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Homicide has made the nbl better as a player and and as a commentator. Croc Nation

Reply #658230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with Dwayne, good commentator, overall all commentators have been very reasonable.

Reply #658241 | Report this post

Rockets fan  
Years ago

Cotton said it best, here in Perth we have a tradition of wining Championship something he never won. Cotton is twice the player Corey ever was. He could not shoot, was turnover prone and highly overrated.

Reply #658248 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Harvey and Homocide are mates. Just a bit of banter to stir things up and get people talking

Reply #658250 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

The banter is good for promoting the league.

Yeah, sometimes it's cringeworthy, but it could be worse.

The New Daily referred to the (men’s) Ashes commentary team as:

"Male, pale and stale".

Whatever else LK is dishing up on broadcasts and social media, at least it can’t possibly be described that way.

That said, there seems to be no expert comments on the important issues of time zones, or quirks of NBL history, geography and cartography. BUT I’m big enough to deal with that, I just accept that LK and co have a limited understanding of the deeper things in life.

Reply #658282 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Regardless I think we can all agree that 1 host and 2 expert comments (as NBL is calling them) is working brilliantly.

Watching the Kings @ 36ers game I had an out of body moment and remembered truly regretting watching a 36ers game when they had Brett Maher or even Rupert Sapwell commentating but Hammer and Homicide were much more engaging.

In fairness to Brett and Rupert, I think they could be fun if they had someone to banter with and bounce off ideas on what one team can do to get back in a game similar to Trigger who by himself isn't that great but with someone else there like Harvs is awesome.

Trigger and Carfino not so much but I wouldn't close the door on them becoming better.

One thing we have to remind ourselves is outside of having an English or New Zealander over for cricket or state of origin in the rugby league we get very little banter in sports and whilst NBL isn't quite WWE back and forth it's still got me enthused and that's definitely a good start

Reply #658289 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

The way Homicide is acting is not a good look for the NBL. Luckily the general public don't see the crap he is spewing on twitter.

Reply #658295 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754