Anonymous
Years ago

Kings 2017 / 2018 2nd worst Kings team ever.

The stats don't lie. Gaze is in charge of the 2nd worst ever Kings side in their great history.
Out rebounded, outscored and way too many fouls. 2nd points chances, points off the bench.
"Andrew Gaze's men must win 13 of their remaining 17 games to make the finals."
Link here.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/the-damning-statistics-behind-the-sydney-kings-poor-start-to-the-20172018-nbl-season/news-story/a56bbeb406ece49083d315ab30f93881
Thanks Jeff.

Topic #42270 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

I would say that they've now added Randle this team will not go down as the worst Kings team ever.

Those Kings teams when they first came back into the league with Ian Robilliard as coach and imports like Patrick Sanders & Taj McCullough were pretty crook.

Reply #659557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those Kings teams when they came back into the league were on minimum coin, not like last season and this seasons team.
Well jvg, great outcome.

Reply #659558 | Report this post

DJMOJOFOSHOSHO  
Years ago

Gaze worst coach in NBL history

Reply #659560 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

How long is Lisch out for?

Reply #659564 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

I agree... at least the excuse back then was that they came back that first year rushed and late and most of the good players were taken... We lucked out with Jules and eventually Madgen... was great to get Toly back for a season as well, which was rumoured to be pretty decent coin, but then he took off for mucho denero... Highlights were few and far between, but at least they felt like the Kings... This team just feels like the de facto Tigers...

The numbers don't lie and the only one that Randle will help improve is the points scored...

Reply #659569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch is supposed to be back in 3 weeks.. It was in the article ;)

Reply #659573 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Which will be around 9 weeks, which is around the right time that was estimated, maybe a tiny bit longer... So all of Gaze's hopeful talk that they might get him back sooner and the WCQ break will help us and holding off on getting an import guard made things even worse...

Reply #659575 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Lisch takes a while longer than the Kings have stated. I heard that they are trying to get him back ASAP, but Lisch isn't keen on hurrying recovery. The organisation are trying to pressure him back before he is comfortable.

Reply #659576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's going to be interesting to see what sort of a crowd they'll draw tomorrow. Thursday night, against the lowest-drawing team in the league, when they are 2-9 and with no realistic playoff chance. This could be the beginning of the end of the JVG/Gaze regime.

Reply #659581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully.

Reply #659593 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

They've done a good job marketing so far, but I agree that unless they start winning, they will undo much of what they achieved since AEG took over.

The odds are stacked against Gaze being able to pull off a stunning turnaround. Stats sure don't lie, too much focus on offensive schemes & relying on outdated, heavily scouted defensive tactics, compounded by poor roster & substitution management.

I doubt 12 days are enough to implement new, intricate zone defenses ala Bevo's or Fearne's, not without expert outside help or other kind of 'help'...

Reply #659594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they lose to Cairns on Thursday, what then? They'll be 2-10 and heading to Cairns with the likelihood of losing that one as well. Gaze says he's not a quitter, but at 2-11, would he be pushed?

Reply #659596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Kings don't win 2 games this weekend their chances of turning the season around is F%ck!

And jvg will have Stephen A Smith(No Excuses) not to sack Gaze and avoid getting the sack himself by the owner.

Reply #659633 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Let's be honest... The Kings aren't going to make some fairytale run to the playoffs... The pieces are not only just not there, they still have significant deficiencies that will hamper them getting many more wins... Even the bookies agree... The Kings have gone from $8 for the most losses (when I put some money on them) to the tied favourite with the Bullets at $2.75.

Tomorrow night will be my first home game for this season, but from memory, the attendance numbers for the home games haven't set the world on fire so far, comparatively? 7035 (Sat), 6403 (Sun) and 7210 (Sun) while decent from past seasons, it doesn't look good for a Thursday night game...

Reply #659662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754