What Happened?

Reply #659761 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Garlepp is bringing the fire! I love his screens

Reply #659763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Entertaining 1/4, Ellis did a shoulder but back out there after 1/4 time.

Reply #659764 | Report this post

Lost In The Sky  
Years ago

Cheers, Hopefully not too bad. Really like watching him play

Reply #659765 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Tyler has game when he's not sulking or fouling out.

Reply #659766 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Have the Cairns Taipans been taking field goal lessons from Lonzo Ball?

Reply #659767 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Just as Blanchfield looks the best he has all season. Unlucky mate!

Reply #659768 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Blanchfield and Humphries collided. Poor Toddy doesn't know where he is

Reply #659769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gees Blanchfield looks pretty bad

Reply #659770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good half from Kings, Cadee looking great and playing defence as well. Ellis looks sore and Blanchfield playing his best game in years knocks himself out. Cairns showing nothing.

Reply #659776 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

What does Thoseby bring to this team?

Reply #659781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good win for the Kings considering there injuries. Garlepp did very well, still a clever team player. Why he's in the outer who knows but certainly better than a eleventh man.

Reply #659786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very small crowd, 3000 tops .

Reply #659787 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

A very shaky win against an undermanned team. I wouldn't start claiming that they've turned the corner. However, I'll concede that injuries to both Ellis and Blanchfield have certainly affected them. In all fairness, they might have blown the Snakes out of the water if those two are 100%.

One thing to note, they wouldn't have won without Garlepp back in regular rotation. Even his much maligned defensive skills were exponentially better than what Thoseby, Pineau or Singh could muster. Speaking of Thoseby, Gaze dodged a bullet subbing him in late in the 3rd there.

Certainly one of the smallest crowd in Qudos even for Thursday night. When Lisch does return, Jeff needs to think very carefully on who to release from the playing roster. Stuff this up and you'll see an even smaller number on Saturday night.

Reply #659788 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Really poor turnout tonight, but that shouldn't be a surprise. That second half was hardly inspiring either, though losing Ellis and Blanchfield (in the midst of his first good game in... feels like forever) hurt. Not sure why teams don't play zone against us from the opening tip, either.

Glad we got the win, but we still did all the little things that will cost us more games than not - completely went away from Tyler down low in the 4th Q and instead had him setting screens and passing from outside the arc, sat Cadee for a long spell in favour of Thoseby, finished 90% of possessions with Newley shooting contested 3s, left guys wide open behind the arc repeatedly, etc. etc. etc. As good as we looked in the first half even, I think Cairns did us a big favour by missing easy shots.

To be honest I think the best thing about the game was Tyler's body language, from pre-tip to post-game. Up giving high 5s, interacting with the coaches and bench, etc. Not sure what is up with Randle though, he looks like he's not 100%.

Reply #659789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Garlepp defence was excellent, his setting of screens on offence was very good as well. Cadee also outstanding, even defence was good till he got into foul trouble. Good win by the Kings. Gaze still don't get all his subs right (not many do though) but I think he's taking a lot of heat for the team that he's had to work with. Jvg should stay right away from team selections.

Reply #659791 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, I should also add that that's the loudest I've cheered for Tommy in years. Had a few nice deflections and got a bit unlucky on some shots. Still slow to close out on shooters, but hey, he's far from alone there.

Reply #659795 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

" To be honest I think the best thing about the game was Tyler's body language, from pre-tip to post-game. Up giving high 5s, interacting with the coaches and bench, etc. Not sure what is up with Randle though, he looks like he's not 100%“

Just got home from m the game seriously reminds me of the final days of the razorbacks/spirit there was like less than 2000 let's be real. Was just telling my homie on the drive home I was so impressed with Tyler’s body language. Interactions with Lanard Copeland and even Jason Cadee was heartwarming to see.

Reply #659797 | Report this post

Lawsy  
Years ago

The team is 2-9, Thursday night and playing Cairns - I'm surprised 3500 even would turn up

Reply #659799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Was just telling my homie on the drive home I was so impressed with Tyler's body language. Interactions with Lanard Copeland and even Jason Cadee was heartwarming to see."

he gave a good interview with fox after the game. Said all the right things, very positive, talked about how he'd worked on things like fouls, talked about he team, the win, etc.

Reply #659801 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Crowd 4,013

Reply #659804 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

It was Jeremy Tyler, and only him from the playing group, who went to try and help Blanchfield off the first time they tried to get him to stand up, several mins after the collision. Later on Thoseby tried also after being asked by Copeland.

Stuff like that says more about a persons character than anything he does as a player. He had a great night on court also.

Reply #659810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great job as always TG.

Reply #659825 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

" he gave a good interview with fox after the game. Said all the right things, very positive, talked about how he'd worked on things like fouls, talked about the team, the win, etc."

Yeah, I taped the game watched it when I came home. I think whatever happened with Tommy at training was a positive thing, not a negative one. Tyler was the first to get up to help Blanchfield. Maybe everyone misjudged him at least I hope.

Reply #659832 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Tyler also travelled alot! In the highlights mix there were multiple he got away with, that helps the atituude.

Reply #659834 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

completely went away from Tyler down low in the 4th Q

They had to do that since they haven't prepared to exploit the double/triple teams Fearne sent everytime Tyler got the ball near the low post. If that's how Tyler going to play night in night out, he will get that level of attention.

Taipans will certainly do that again this Sat right from tip-off. Question is, will the inept coaching staff work their arse off to figure out & implement something to counter that?

Tyler showed glimpses of redeeming qualities compared to Powell. Impressed with him extending his hand towards McCarron after threwing him to the ground. Emotional but not a total duckhead.

Pairing him with Humphries gave them an imposing defensive presence that forced Cairns to the perimeter, but that requires both to not be in foul trouble. Another way to extend that twin tower concept is to use Singh & force anchor him within 5 feet of the rim in a junk diamond & 1 zone. Can Gaze implement it?

Reply #659846 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Spoiler: no.

Agree on the double/triple team. When they sent the extra men at Tyler we had 4 guys just standing outside the perimeter more often than not. A simple cut from the weakside for Newls and he has a layup.

Reply #659854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to be a downer but Cairns are a horrible road team and also have a number of injuries. Sure it's a win (finally) but Kings haven't proven anything. Next game we will see.

Reply #659900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Ellis and no Blanchfield. Unless Randle goes absolutely crazy, hard to see the Kings winning up in Cairns

Reply #659978 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:43 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754