Aussie
Years ago

Perth Wildcats now have 11,200 Members

According to the West Australian newspaper. A great achievement.

I believe if Sydney and Melbourne can consistently win and improve their culture, I see no reason why these numbers can't be duplicated in these two major cities.

The next major area that the NBL needs to be improved apon is television audiences. Still a tonne of work to be done there.

Topic #42292 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/perth-wildcats-among-australias-greatest-clubs-says-nbl-ceo-jeremy-loeliger-ng-b88667720z

Loeliger says what we're all thinking!

Reply #659883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's more interesting is the Cats have more haters then most other teams have members combined!

Reply #659885 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

What's more interesting is the Cats have more haters then most other teams have members combined!

Unfortunately that is the nature of the NBL. Too many previously successful teams have folded, and the ones remaining have struggled, leaving a lot of people bitter, resentful, and eager to hate a powerhouse.
We had comparatively lean years too, but that is mostly forgotten.

Reply #659887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The West is such a rag.

The article briefly mentions 11,200 (interesting) but then has a clip of a totally unrelated video - re: Simmons. Would be more interesting if the article elaborated more on why Perth are such a big club.

Reply #659894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are a big club because they are better run then the others.

Reply #659906 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

When Perth moved to the Arena and I first heard their target of 10k and remember thinking it would never be achieved. To see 11,200 now is incredible.

Reply #659911 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Fantastic effort to have that many.

I was able to get 10,000 followers on instagram but it cost bye US$200

Reply #659918 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

To have maintained their numbers over a long period now is also extraordinary, along with doing so after the WA economy has tanked. Well done them.

Reply #660013 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

When Perth moved to the Arena and I first heard their target of 10k and remember thinking it would never be achieved. To see 11,200 now is incredible.

I thought the same thing, especially considering what they charge.
It has no doubt taken a lot of effort, and financial investment to get to this point, but the Wildcats now have a mainstream recognition that I haven't observed since the 90's.
They've got several factors in their favour that make this possible, which other clubs aren't as fortunate to have, but still it goes to show what is possible and is a brilliant achievement.

Reply #660019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes as much as they are a bunch of w..kers, it's a great credit to them.

Reply #660031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rather than have the CEO state the obvious and praise Perth, I'd like to see them get on the ass of the other clubs to, as Homicide would say, "step their game up".

Perth are a great advertisement for the league, but they can't carry the league themselves. The likes of Sydney are an embarrassment to the league.

Reply #660046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't be long before the Wildcats will need a bigger stadium

Reply #660047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next stop Optus Stadium

Reply #660266 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754