Curtley
Years ago

Blair Smith missing; update: body found

Let's hope he's OK :(

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/missing-man-blair-smith-last-seen-boyne-valley-area-south-of-gladstone/news-story/0c10d253db7414edf8f167e184cbf035

Topic #42322 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Body since been found. No details, but I think the associated support line numbers implied suicide. Hopefully his partner has a strong support network and anyone reading makes an effort today to support friends and family, or reach out if they're the ones needing help.

Blair Smith, 45, was reported missing by a family member after he was last seen just before lunch on Tuesday in the Boyne Valley.

Mr Smith's body was found this afternoon after a police search.

Full story

Reply #660617 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Terrible :-(

Reply #660619 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Man this is terrible news. I had heard from some that knew that would say what a good bloke Blair was.

Us old timers would remember Robert Scrigni taking the same course of action way back around 1987 I think it was. West Sydney Westars and Boomers player.

Reply #660627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flashback Friday:

http://nblonfire10.tripod.com/Bsmith.html

Blair was a Championship winning player with the Tigers.

Reply #660631 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I remember him from the Tigers days.

Condolences to his family, still so young.

Reply #660639 | Report this post

Alf  
Years ago

Blair was an awesome bloke, nothing was to much trouble for him. He coached my sons and I have nothing but praise for him. Please don't slander his name people. Hope Bec and the kids are ok, my thoughts are with you. RIP Blair

Reply #660742 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754