VC fan
Years ago

Most three pointers in a row

With talk of Cotton's 105/110 at training from downtown, I'd be interested to know what is the highest number of threes Hoopsters have made consecutively, unguarded/non-game scenario, and also the highest they've heard stories of the pros making.

I think mine was 15 or so, taken at half time whilst umpiring.

Can't remember the numbers but I recall stories of Darren Ng shooting a fairly impressive percentage when taking 100 or so shots at Sixers training back in the day.

Topic #42325 | Report this topic

shooter  
Years ago

This is VERY impressive

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/11/josh-ruggles-three-point-shot-record_n_3739548.html

Reply #660749 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I remember hearing Brett Maher made a ridiculous amount in training once something like 80 3's in a row.

The most I ever made in a row was 18 but that was just having a shots with a mate.

I still get goosebumps anytime I watch former Bulls guard Craig Hodges' performance from the '91 3 point shootout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woZham-kFnI

Reply #660774 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Making successive 3s in training, especially uncontested 3s, is just not impressive at all. It's completely irrelevant to the game of basketball, because it's never going to happen in competition.

Reply #660807 | Report this post

Danny Green  
Years ago

Hoggy time is the king of the training court 3.

Reply #660927 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Making successive 3s in training, especially uncontested 3s, is just not impressive at all.
Spoken like someone who's never shot a basketball before.

Reply #660935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754