Paul Arnott
Years ago

Forestville ABL Women's Coach

The Forestville Eagles Basketball Club is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Women's Coach.

Please forward applications to:

Forestville Eagles Basketball Club
PO Box 49
Oaklands Park SA 5046

or:

[email protected].

Applications close 5.00pm, Wednesday 14th September 2005.

For more information, contact Michael Sweeney on 8231-7908.

Topic #4237 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steer clear of the ex South Women's coach

Reply #49184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What... Glenn Shaw didnt get it???? oh thats right he got the south women...good luck with that.

Reply #49187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The South ex Womens coach would probably do very well as she wouldn't have the prima-donnas to contend with at Forestville. Given that South were tipped to finish in the lower half of the table this year and she managed to get them to 2nd - with all the internal egos to contend with - I think she did pretty well.
Those who actually have the skills to match their egos will be missing from the line up next season - a few more names are about to disappear.

Reply #49480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach got them to 2nd? What a laugh ... more like the PLAYERS got them to 2nd. With the lack of coaching and guidance they got, I don't think it was a matter of "prima-donnas", I think it was more a matter of the coach simply having no clue how to deal with people.

Reply #50021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhhh yes, the claws are out!!!

Reply #50025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good 'ol South can always be relied upon to take the "blame the coach" award.

At the rate they change coaches I am surprised they don't save the money- not have a coach -and give the funds straight to the players because it sounds as though they know how to do it all by themselves.

The only interesting part is watching other clubs target a couple of the better players who actually accept they need the guidance of a coach.

Reply #50110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can target all they like,but the only fallout to occur happened before the last coach was not re-appointed.What does that tell you!!!!!!

Reply #50118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In regards to the Anonymous #50110 comment - you obviously don't play in the team because you couldn't be any further from the truth even if you tried. Get over yourself and accept that the coach wasn't re-appointed due to her own problems, not the players problems!

Reply #50164 | Report this post

Happy player  
Years ago

I am a current ABL player and in SA and sadly in most other states womens basketball is not rated as important - just check some of the snide "who cares" comments everytime a question is asked regarding any womens teams.

The SA basketball fraternity is very small most womens teams have achieved a name for themselves off court. Sturt are widely known for being such a close knit team (then again they are mostly family) Forestville are the party players, followed closely by North, Centrals are widely regarded as nappies (look at their ages)etc etc.

Sadly, South do not have a good name in the basketball community due to their incessant bitchiness on and off the court. Girls, please do yourselves and basketball in SA a favour - get over it, you have yet another new coach so concentrate on lifting the profile of your club name. Aim to be known for your competitiveness or fun or party tricks but stop fuelling the dirty dykes tag.

I know Tracey - she approached Southern as soon as she heard Kaye was not to be reappointed NOT BEFORE. Do yourselves a favour - stop the bitching.

Reply #50235 | Report this post

ditto  
Years ago

In reply to Happy Player...........I couldn't agree more. Lets lift the profile of womens basketball in this state not kill it off with all the infighting and pathetic she-said type carry on.

Some of our girls have achieved amazing results both here and overseas so lets concentrate on having a few more join them to show the depth of talent in this state.

Reply #50239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy player, please do yourself a favour by not judging the South players when you clearly don't know them on a personal level. Don't judge the entire team if you've had a bad experience with one or two.

This column seems to have gotten a little out of hand and I think Isaac should delete the whole lot, to prevent more unnecessary bitching toward a great group of girls.

Reply #50241 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Let's leave it at this, OK? It's a job advertisement, not an opportunity to get the claws out.

Reply #50245 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Apparently that depends on who you as Isaac. :(

Little guttersnipes should start their own thread, not use a legitimate basketball thread 2 defame someone.

Reply #51148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i guess the coaches who've already applied arent good enough paul?
from what ive heard there have already been a few applicants turned down?

Reply #51175 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Not wanting to start this up again, but I believe that Forestville's Club Website has an announcement that Sharon Simons has been appointed as Forestville's ABL Women's Coach.

Wouldn't think that was too much of a surprise, as she took over the team this past year in Dean's absence anyway.

Reply #52062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to her - she did a good job when Dean was away so I am sure she will have a great season. She definitely has a good team to work with.

Reply #52070 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

She'll do a good job with the team. Good luck to ya Sharon.

Reply #52141 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754