Oracle
Years ago

Superstitious Players

Watching the 36ers the last few games and was wondering why DJ wears
D. Johnson on his jersey for the first half, yet runs Johnson for the 2nd half.
Is this a superstitious trait? If so has to be the weirdest one I've seen in 25+ years of watching hoops.
Any hoopsters on here know of any weird superstitions you’ve seen before?

Topic #42379 | Report this topic

Watto  
Years ago

It's because he refuses to play D in the second half

Reply #661861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Set 'em up and knock' em down!

Reply #661868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, good spotting. Very strange.
Wonder what other ones are out there, mine was I always had to have chicken game day, either lunch or tea. Couple of times I got desperate and had to do with packet of chicken chips. And yes, I knew there was no chicken in them but made sense at the time.
What are other peoples?

Reply #661872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to see here. It's his spare top and he’s a sweater
So changes at half time.

Reply #661875 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Watto

Agreed.

Anon Above

Spare top makes no sense. Surely a spare would be printed identically.

This could start a trend. Imagine the merchandising opportunities. Lebron James could have a dozen or so Jersey variants to sell. NBA marketing should hire DJ as a consultant.

Reply #661880 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Spare top makes no sense. Surely a spare would be printed identically.
The second-half jersey doesn't have the Pathion sponsorship on the front either. Presumably they kept the old jerseys when they got new ones.

Why the new one says "D. Johnson" on the back, though, I have no idea.

Reply #661881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL media needs to have a full page article, tweet and instagram post about this

Reply #661889 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Nothing to see Anon is correct... Johnson is a super sweater and changes at half time. First top is D. Johnson to distinguish from the 36ers development player Bijan Johnson (http://www.nbl.com.au/player/bijan-johnson).

Reply #661896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not basketball, but one of the weirdest athlete superstitions I've ever heard of is Adam Treloar.

-Gets a new pair of red underwear for each season and wears it every game that season.

-Puts his clothes/boots/socks on from left to right

-And the best one...Has to watch the Simpsons on his laptop while shaving his legs in the shower pregame

Claims he used to have a whole bunch more but had to stop because he didn't have time to fit them all in pregame lol

Reply #661900 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754