Zodiac
Years ago

Hawks vs United, Dec 16

Next up in the double header tonight.

Illawarra at home most likely.

Topic #42384 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

I'm tipping Melbourne so Hawks will probably win!

Reply #661953 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That Prather elbow injury did not look good. Hopefully just a dislocation with no real ligament damage.

Reply #661954 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Paul, any Prather-level small forward free agents around the world right now?

Reply #661957 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Also, those travels where a guy catches the ball flat-footed on the perimeter and changes direction by moving both feet. They were called multiple times a game this season and the disgustingly obvious ones haven't been called. I've literally seen one of those called all season. Clearly a ref boss direction. At the end of the day I'm happy letting them go but man, it's pretty blatant

Reply #661958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More pts in the first quarter than the next two.. Only in the fucken nbl

Reply #661961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#661961- yep teams across the world never shoot really well early then regress to the mean...

Reply #661963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ yeah because the 'mean' for these two teams is 30 & 27 pt quarters

Idiot

Reply #661968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Oh it's only a dislocation" How about the commentators just try and commentate on the game and not say "its only a flesh wound ffs.

Reply #661969 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm really hoping this is just like last time Prather had an ugly injury and we feared the worst

Having said that, despite Prather having been so good this season, it's not the worst injury that could've happened. Barlow and Moller now get an opportunity

Reply #661970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#661968 - love to hear people posting on forums talking through their hip pocket after a gambling loss.

Reply #661971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ says a lot about you

Reply #661975 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought United paying $1.95 or so was a bit generous.

Reply #661980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow and Moller did step up, Moller curtailed Conger very nicely and Barlow was solid. Wesley and Boone were great.

Reply #661981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Oh it's only a dislocation" Idiot comment.
Short term replacement on the way?

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/melbourne-united-may-need-shortterm-replacement-import-after-casey-prather-injury-20171217-h06144.html

Reply #662117 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Josh Boone is quietly having a very good season I know it's unfashionable with big men but I wouldn't overlook him as a smoky for MVP.

Reply #662122 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Zodiac, good point about big men being an unfashionable MVP candidate.

One thing in Prather's favour is that he's already played his 25 per cent of games, so his first game back can be a playoff game if it comes to that.

Also, it'll probably be a good thing for Moller and the like. They will be better for this injury. I genuinely believe Moller is a big piece if they're going to win a championship. You just have to look at the Greg Hire types over the years who have been so instrumental in big games

Reply #662124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Moller has looked very good in the past few weeks, hopefully Prather only out for a week or two, should be a good opportunity for Moller and Barlow still can help out.
Dave Anderson starting to look his age though, just doesn't seem to move like he used to.

Reply #662128 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Christ. No mention of "Casey Prather" on Twitter in the last 21 hours. Come on man

Reply #662138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754