AshT
Years ago

Betting: NBL Round 11/WNBL Round 12

Just one tonight as it stands now,

Melbourne Boomers -3.5 @ 1.91

3pt & 2pt margins when met this year. Boomers in the better health and meet on ideal terms this time. I see them on a mission this weekend. NB. Lightning have a good chance for playoffs should they win both games this round, while Boomers need an upset result elsewhere for second to be possible. 3.5 was at my cutoff. Price now out to 5.0 most places, representing only modest value IMO.

Topic #42395 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

William Hill:

Kings 1.90, Breakers 1.90
United 1.55, 36ers 2.45
Bullets 1.62, Kings 2.30
Hawks 2.10, Wildcats 1.73
36ers 1.40, Taipans 2.95

Cats without Martin and on the road?

Taipans against 36ers without Creek or Drmic?

Reply #662374 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Oh well, Boomers maybe caught thinking about Perth, afterall!?

NBL tonight,

Adelaide 2.45

I've marked United the slight favorite, with possibly Ware and/or Goulding (if up to it??) due for good games, which might be essential here. Boone and a huge effort from Wesley were enough to beat Illawarra and they won big over an unhealthy Kings before that. 36ers have got it together lately and will be very tough to beat if they can maintain the form and energy.

Reply #662525 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Rangers & Flames both at shorter odds than they deserve today IMO. Personally I think the Lynx are as well (not that I don't believe in them, but some easily-corrected Boomers sloppiness with the ball was the main difference between the teams a week ago)

Reply #662717 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I caught Isaac's contribution but it is getting a little time consuming keeping up with all the posts in here!

Saturday,

Melbourne Boomers 2.66 & +4.5 @ 1.96

Looking for reasons to oppose Perth has proven dangerous territory but it is a spot that could catch them out today; On a high from last round achievements, well rested and facing the weary opponent this time. On the other hand they would be expecting a fired up Boomers. All in all I anticipate Boomers will be right in this game. Current market; 2.65 & +4.5

Canberra Capitals 3.15 & +6 & 1.91

A little up in the air as to whether there will an in (or two??) for Rangers but had no hestation taking the deal in the meantime. If we can overlook Thursday's final (junk time) scoreline Capitals did quite well against an on-song Fire. They are playing with renewed form lately (Bass more mins too!). Rangers could bounce back strongly but could easily be caught on a flat weekend, off their run of strong efforts - depleted Rangers were the hunter when lost by three in Rd10 meeting, so probably Capitals will be better prepared this time. Current market sees 2.63 & +4.5. I marked this around evens but that assesment would sway rangers way a bit if they are strengthened.

Sydney Kings @ 3.00

Kings still scratchy in a couple of areas but are finding their feet too, enough to be considered dangerous IMO. Bullets back at home are in a comfortable place at present, so despite Lemanis's comments about taking Kings seriously, I do see this as a danger game.

Reply #662718 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

There's some timing, Luuuc!

Yes, Lightning are very close to a play for me. I decided I wanted +9 but at 4.00 or +8 I think they are quite a reasonable deal.

Reply #662720 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Lavey listed, as well as Sam Richards but Hurst out is enough for me to bail.

Reply #662722 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yep, fair call.

Reply #662723 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

The punting round from hell! Caps are going to win afterall! Cambage and Cole out for Boomers!!!

Reply #662729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754