Isaac
Years ago

United sign Carrick Felix as Prather replacement

198cm, 27 yo SG/SF. Drafted by the Cavs in 2013. Played 7 games with meagre minutes before bouncing around the D-League.

Topic #42399 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

Good signing for Melbourne.

Reply #662603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another hack NBA player. Probably based on a JVG recommendation ;)

Reply #662605 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

If I'm a Melbourne fan I don't want Prather coming back. Case in point tonight's game. Do not need the ball in another guy's hands. Too many cooks. Felix is a better shooter and perhaps a better defender.

Reply #662606 | Report this post

Cooter  
Years ago

Plus whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.

Reply #662614 | Report this post

J-dogg  
Years ago

Wildcats to cut cook jnr and sign prather

Reply #662664 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

Goulding definitely looked to be playing as free and easy as he has all year.

Conversely the best ball united played as a team was when Goudling missed the first 3 games (OKC + 2 in Adelaide).

Gives you hope that they can work it out but I would want Prather back, especially for play=offs.

Reply #662683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is Felix arriving, in time for Boxing Day ????

Reply #662705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When is Felix arriving, in time for Boxing Day ????"

I don't know anything official, but I'm guessing probably not since i think visa's/clearance/paper work etc are pretty hard to get done quickly this time of year

Reply #662714 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

In the press release they said he'll make his debut on December 30.

Reply #662716 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

This is a great signing for Cairns. Melbourne's luxury tax distribution will equal their budget this year.

Reply #662749 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Except, there is no evidence that the distribution is going to happen.

Go out and earn revenue like everyone other team does instead of stretching out for hand outs.

Reply #662761 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not a good decision, look at Sydney Kings, they are just starting to show they can play together and gell. United have shown they are starting to gell as a unit, this risks breaking up the momentum they have, we will see I guess!

What's wrong with the Australians on their roster, just give them a chance to step up, they will not disappoint!!

Reply #662789 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Felix's skill set is a complement to United's current guys.

He is a low maintenance player. Will for right in. Great move. He has something they need. Plus, I still think Casey is done for the year and they ain't winning a ship without a third import

Reply #662793 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Will fit right in*

Reply #662795 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

When United's CEO talked about Felix during half-time of the game he said he's been brought in more for his defensive abilities. He said they have enough offensive options without Prather so concentrated on signing a defence first guy.

Reply #662796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When United's CEO talked about Felix during half-time of the game he said he's been brought in more for his defensive abilities. He said they have enough offensive options without Prather so concentrated on signing a defence first guy.
Which is Basketball-Speak for "we're totally screwed without Prather, we just hope this new guy can pull our nuts out of the fire."

Reply #662895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United played four games this season, two without Goulding and two with very little of Prather due him being injured, they won all four.

Reply #662905 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I like the idea of signing a strong defender who is a lower ball use type guy. On paper it sounds like Felix is a good fit.

Reply #662938 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:32 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754