Zodiac
Years ago

Adelaide vs Cairns, Dec 24

The first ever Christmas Eve game today for the NBL with Daniel Johnson playing his 200th game for the 36ers. You have to feel for the Taipans having to fly back home on Christmas morning but a good move for the NBL to play on the 24th with not much on TV and potentially like the NBA on Xmas Day in the future. The game is on SBS & Fox and possibly NBL TV.

36ers by 12.

Topic #42407 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

Please win Adelaide.

Reply #662924 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Adelaide by around 40

Reply #662928 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Turned it on, saw Homicide, turned it off.

Probably won't follow the league at all next year.

Reply #662931 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

PLEASE STOP THAT ANNOYING MUSIC!!!

Reply #662933 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha piss off, Kobe. You'll be back

Reply #662934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good start Adelaide...

Reply #662935 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

How is Teys on an NBL roster, let alone getting court time?

Reply #662936 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No Ramone Moore now too on top Creek, Drmic & Doyle. Not sure how long we can roll with seven guys for we're down by a dozen already.

Reply #662937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have muted it but for a different reason than koberulz and seriously thinking about giving up on watching this league. It's Tragardh's voice - he sounds like a retard! How can you have such an awful voice on TV. WTF NBL! With Tragardh on I don't even notice Homicide.

Reply #662939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How was that a foul on Deng?

Reply #662941 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Adelaide must really be in a spot of bother if Larkins is getting run in the 2nd quarter.

Reply #662942 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

That is a horrible blocking foul on Egwu

Where are uDog , FM, XY etc with their salty tears?

Reply #662944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny coming from you, the King of Salty Tears on this forum.

May I remind you of your performance in the Wildcats-United thread last month? You cried so hard in that thread.

Reply #662945 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I didn't see what the ref called against Deng, but I'm guessing it was for the body-contact - he didn't jump straight up.

That block call on Egwu by Aylen was shocking.

Reply #662946 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Turnovers and missed free throws are killing the 36ers. They're lucky to be within 10.

Reply #662948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love John Casey. He just hit us with an "optic nerve" line. 3>

Reply #662949 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Missed* free throws. Hodgson 4/10.

Reply #662950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"PLEASE STOP THAT ANNOYING MUSIC!!!"

Shocking isn't it? Who is the DJ there? I hear music with lyrics playing over the game constantly, and full songs being played? LK clean this amateurness up please.

Reply #662951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man, this league is horrible.

Reply #662952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone confirm if koberulz is just mattic from ozhoops? Seems like the same kj.

Reply #662956 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Larkins .... LARKINS is getting court time. Omg.

Reply #662957 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm not sure I've ever seen a big man with such poor touch around the basket as Hodgson.

Reply #662958 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Jesus, this music. At least play Christmas carols instead of Usher's 'Yeah' on repeat

Reply #662959 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It gets worse Caleb Davis is getting court time!

Larkins & Johns played last game.

Reply #662960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My conclusion about that "other site" is that it's probably one fat dude who has multiple personality disorder and has about five different nicknames who argues with and trolls himself constantly. Or the NBL has some special cosmic affect whereby complete narcissists are attracted to debating it online?

Reply #662961 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Hahaha, man that is goddamn hilarious

Reply #662962 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Mate, that Wildcats whinging was justified

I came onto here And read multiple posts from call different people about how the refs ruined the game at the end of the 4th. I read all about how the refs stopped Adelaide from getting in front.

There was ONE BAD CALL in that last 3 minutes. One.

Reply #662963 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Sixers collectively almost shooting a Lonzo. 34.5/20/55

Reply #662967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, mate.

You were actually a lot worse than the comparative mildness of the latest Sixers' fans complaints after the United game. Get a grip on reality please.

Maybe you're one of the five? Hmmm....

Reply #662968 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Stop trolling the current game thread LV.

Reply #662969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"My conclusion about that "other site" is that it's probably one fat dude who has multiple personality disorder and has about five different nicknames who argues with and trolls himself constantly."

Podge?

Reply #662970 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Why has Shorter only played 7 mins, in a game we're running 7 main rotation players in?

Reply #662973 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

We should've pulled the trigger on Shorter when we had the chance.

Reply #662980 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Tough gig for Radelaide missing so many players.

When is Moore back? He's been huge this season. Big loss.

Reply #662982 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

You still have a chance, Zodiac.

Friday 19 Jan is their seventh-last game of the season

Reply #662984 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

Poor day for Adelaide but they'll be ok once they get everyone back. This is close to the perfect game for Cairns, but Adelaide is still a better team overall.

Shake it off, get Mitch back on Friday and hopefully Moore and get back on track.

Reply #662985 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Shorter is playing like trash, Hendo. That's why.

I'm no fan of Larkins, but even he's contributing more this game.

Reply #662986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha refs. Go home.

Reply #662987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha refs. Go home.

Reply #662988 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Weeks = flopping maestro.

Reply #662989 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

And that right there is why people are sick of the refs. Absolutely no need for a tech there. It's not like he was overly aggressive or gesturing...not to mention it's a flop.

Reply #662990 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Is Larkins our second best player?

Reply #662991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that Wayne Larkins son?

Gliddon is en fuego

Reply #662992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey swore at ref so tech.

Was rough call agreed but difference is that ferne called timeout once weeks gets a rough call to settle players down.

Wright lets it go, Adelaide run mouths get more techs and fans blame refs for loss.

I say it again look in the mirror please

Reply #662993 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

You still have a chance, Zodiac.

Friday 19 Jan is their seventh-last game of the season

Yes but Shorter's contract is now fully guaranteed for the rest of the season so I can't see us releasing him then signing another import on top of that.

It was obvious reasonably early in the season he wasn't up to it as a starting PG.

Reply #662994 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yes, Nelson is Wayne's son. They showed a highlights package of Wayne's career earlier in the game.

Reply #662995 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That play summed up Hodgson's season. Tries to put back a shot that was going in anyway and proceeds to blow the dunk.

Reply #662996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Zodiac I missed the package

lol Hodgson

Reply #662997 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

And, again, refs today seem to get their feels all hurt every time someone swears. It's pathetic officiating. The good communicating refs this league used to have understood the emotions of the game and would allow players a little bit of rope and actually communicate with them instead of just teching everyone every time they say a bad word.

Reply #662998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The sixers need to learn to shut up. They know refs are going to call reactions its not the nba. I admire what Joey achieves year in and year out but he doesn't produce disciplined teams and thats not going to get you the calls you want

Reply #662999 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

MIP MIP MIP

Reply #663000 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

UNSPORTSMANLIKE FOUL ON LARKINS. WTF

Reply #663001 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

Gliddon and Loughton won't have another game like this for the rest of the year.

Reply #663002 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

That's what I said when Loughton won the first game of the season for them against Illawarra lol.

Hats off to him. He's been impressive.

Feel sorry for Adelaide with injuries but what can you do. They'll be a real smoky once playoffs roll around (assuming they manage to stay in the 4)

Reply #663007 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Fearne COY

Reply #663008 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

That's the first decent game Loughton has had in at least a month. He had a couple early in the year, as did Weigh, and then they disappeared (Weigh went quiet before getting hurt). Loughton might have one or 2 more good games this season. Career night for Gliddon too

Reply #663010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't care if can’t replace him please please send shorter home on next plane

Reply #663016 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Why the Shorter hate? He bust a gut trying to lift the team. It's just that much of his effort didn't pay off.

And based on his few minutes on court, more Davis earlier would have improved Adelaide's performance, though not changed the result. At least he seems able to move his feet to make position, which Johnson, for one, could learn from.

I continue to despair about DJ. Even after 200 games he hasn't learnt to protect the ball, and continues to try to force his way inside [and loose the ball due to his weak hands and extended arms] in the usually vain hope of getting to the foul line when he could often take a neat little jumper from the elbow or block or mid-range base line, which are lower-risk shots he seems ideally equipped to take and capable of hitting.

Or isn't he being coached to do that?

Quite apart from anything else, making a few of those each game would open it up inside and make it easier to try to penetrate, if he must continue trying to do that.

And anyone else notice the amount of zone defense played in this game? A comment on the quality of the officiating or Adelaide's outside shooting?

Reply #663018 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

What can be said about today's game Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!

Sorry that should be Ho, Ho, Ho, Ho, Ho!

Umpires Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! No surprises there. The only half decent referee in the comp is the female one from Brissy who does not anticipate and calls what she sees. Doesn't seem to have ego or testosterone issues. lol

Referees have been terrible for a very long time now and some serious reforms would be nice.

couple of positives.

Massive effort from Josh Childress he has pride not shown by any of the usual starters and bench. 20pts, 13 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals . He gave 100%.

Some fun and games from Larkin who also understandably made a huge effort.

Hodgson tried but was mugged under the ring and apparently doesn't have enough care factor to practice foul shooting in his own time. lol

Not just to pick on Hodgson on that matter as generally the Sixers shooting is totally woeful from anywhere further than 1 meter from the ring and that includes some of the injured players as well. Sobey 2/14! Put some work in son, Pride!

Who is the worst shooting team in the competition from range? Don't know the stats but looks like us to me.

Congrats to Cairns today. Outplayed us from inside and outside. Showed us what a team that has some pride individually can do. Bit of a shooting clinic.

Roll on 2018

Reply #663019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers couldn't defend the 3 point line, actually couldn't defend to save themselves. Effort only from Larkin and Childress. Larkin showed in limited minutes what could be achieved by effort and hustle.

discipline is lead from the top and Joey isn't disciplined himself and nobody seems to own their own mistakes in the sixers team. numerous times Cairns would get called for a double dribble or a travel and they would acknowledge to their own team mates they made the mistake. Sixers get called and of course it should have been a foul.

sixers sook far too much man up for goodness sake get on with the game and stop blaming others for your own shortcomings

Sobey certainly wasn't listening to the coach today, a few times where he totally ignored him. guessing despite what is being said these two do not have a good working relationship. And seeing coach has a 5 year deal I'd say it will be Sobey moving on next season.

and for crying out loud, practice your foul shots seen U10 teams shoot a higher % from the free throw line sixers went to the line 14 times more than Cairns and shot at 50% shoot the 86% that Cairns did from the line and the game would have been much closer.

Reply #663020 | Report this post

Tim too  
Years ago

Realise we have injury but sorry teys is total liability. He cant shoot provides no leadership to inspire. Make creek the capt to give the team.on court voice. Need full roster to challenge. Clearly we hardest hit with injuries so need depth and bench doesnt provide enough x factors.

Reply #663053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers had a shocker and Cairns shot very well to backup their defence. Not time to panic yet but Sobeys consistency is a worry and body language doesn't look good, but Childress was great, just didn't have anyone to go with him.

Reply #663057 | Report this post

Tim too  
Years ago

Sobey needs to sort himself out. His body language dead set give away. Players both teams feed off of the vibes.thats why need the strong on court leader to huddle the boys and focus on the team. Joey only got timeouts cant burnt one to get players to do head checks.strength of randles was he led with actions. Who doesnt that now. Dj tries but he not a born leader.obvious its up to the creek even with a paddle

Reply #663059 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Don't like it on Christmas eve. Give them a break for a few days. It's not all about the dollar$

Reply #663072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Merry Christmas, Sixers. I know you were undermanned but shit, play with some f@kn balls. Our defence was flaccid

Reply #663073 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

sixers don't play well against a zone d , and don't shoot freethrows very good , but we got to see weigh play here..

Reply #663144 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754