Anlaf
Years ago

Pick-up basketball games in Newcastle?

Hey guys, I am here in Australia till mid March and want to know if there are any local casual basketball players who get together every evening to play basketball in Newcastle? I know basketball is not big in this country hence I am posting this on this forum to see if I could get some help. Thanks

Topic #42413 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm not in Newcastle, but might be worth dropping by the Newcastle Basketball site and seeing if you can find a team in a social comp, or just get a list of venues from them where you can shoot around and try find guys to scrimmage with: https://www.newcastlebasketball.com.au/

Reply #663074 | Report this post

John Fairs  
Years ago

Get down to the Broadmeadow Basketball stadium, you are sure to find something or someone will know. Basketball is not huge like America but it is probably bigger than you think. Ben Simmons grew up in Newcastle and learnt to play in this stadium so go for it.

Reply #663075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go one on one with ClintDogg.

Reply #663092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... in a rap battle.

Reply #663108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons may have been in newcastle til he was 10 but it was in Melbourne he developed

Reply #663231 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754