LoveBroker
Years ago

Tragargh : Cairns will win the 2017/18 NBL Title.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/snakes-firmly-in-title-mix/news-story/325088e79a84dd3abadbdcb673e1d4c2

Cam gave 3 reasons.

Here is the first one.

"But there are three major reasons I think the Snakes can contend for this year's title.

Their shooting must improve.

They practice hard and I know for a fact coach Aaron Fearne is putting the team through hours of drills."

So reason # 1 is actually a hope that their shooting will improve and the basis of that hope is Cairns to hours of drills.

Ummm...Cam....is it at all possible that all other teams, even the one coached by Gaze, does 'hours of drills'?

Topic #42422 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

I always suspected he was drunk during broadcasts.

Reply #663311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn must be on the good hooch up in FNQ

Reply #663319 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Cairns have no hope of winning this year.

Reply #663327 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I'm trying to figure out what the other two reasons were?

Is it: With a rock-solid culture and their defensive principals firmly in place??

Because if so, that's pretty funny! (And I don't just mean the typo!)

Reply #663331 | Report this post

Greybuoy  
Years ago

Hope others read the actual article and understand the baloney header for this thread.
Trig merely says Cairnis in the mix for a run at the title, and gives a few backing arguments as to why.
Save the fake news for Trump. Please.

Reply #663332 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Yeah, OK

If I had a gun pointed at my head and I had to pick a team today to win the 2017-18 NBL title, it would be Cairns.

Reply #663333 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"Hope others read the actual article and understand the baloney header for this thread."

Telling others to read and comprehend the article when one has done neither is stupid.

Reply #663334 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Years ago

Someone has a comprehension problem and it's not Greybuoy. The headline accompanying the article "Snakes Firmly in the Title Mix" sums up what Tragardh's opinion is.

Reply #663335 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The second paragraph of what is a pretty poorly written column says he's picking Cairns for the title.

The third paragraph reads:

"People might say I'm crazy, but here’s why."

So he's saying Cairns will win the title, and here's why.

Why are Cairns fans always so defensive?

Reply #663337 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I guess Taipans fans see their club as a backs-against-the-wall type, so they support accordingly.

Not me tho, I hate em about as much as I love em.

Reply #663338 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Only spoiler value for mine.
No margin for error.
Glidden, Weeks, McCarron or Weigh between them have to take up the challenge of TAKING and MAKING "prime time buckets".
Scoochie is unable...... can't .....or won't take up that role. He is capable but he has to want the ball in his hands. He is at his best on penetration but probably needs to ' kick it out to a shooter" option.
Loughton is the only player who steps up at the moment but he is not really good enough.
They are probably the best TEAM (along with the Breakers) in the competition and they will be in most games but need a closer to get them over the line.

Reply #663339 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

If Jawai comes back healthy and in shape Cairns could be a scary team. Fairly balanced team. Only thing they really lack is an inside presence.

Reply #663340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Told you all he sounds retarded and now his pick backs this up. How he is on TV is beyond me.

Reply #663374 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Dribbler - unfortunately any suggestion of Nate Jawai coming back healthy and in shape is dribble

Reply #663382 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754