Hogwash
Years ago

Kings v United

Carrick Felix set to make his debut today.
United are in red hot form and a win today puts them firmly in the mix for top 2 spot.

Should be a cracker of a game, Sydney are a chance at home but Melbourne should get up

Topic #42433 | Report this topic

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

These fight/conflict promos would be okay if the NBL wasn't involved. We just know better; we know that the NBL is working with Fox for production. If they weren't and Fox was doing their thing independently it would be seen as a really good little bit

Reply #663524 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

First 2 minutes looks like a social basketball at the local YMCA

Reply #663525 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Randle kills Goulding!

Reply #663526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Todd Splashfield

Reply #663527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's an old fashioned shootout

Reply #663529 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Sydney fans would be loving that Adelaide couldn't afford Randle.

Reply #663530 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Oh Mr Felix, gun. Keep him for the rest of the season. It's over. United to win the ship. Calling it.

Reply #663531 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Carfino needs to think about a new job if he's comparing Cadee to Brett Maher....

Reply #663532 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

People get triggered when a past player is spoken of in the same sentence as a current player. That does not equate to a comparison.

Carfino even said he was not comparing them.

Reply #663533 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Yep. No comparison.

Reply #663534 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha agree, Maher didn't hold a candle to Jase

Reply #663535 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Moller's shot clearly late, despite the refs counting it at first.

Scoreboard has now removed it, but play-by-play shows a Moller missed FGA with 1 second left in the half, followed by a Kings team rebound.
Hopefully that's just a quick fix to get the score right, and not the actual solution!

Reply #663536 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Blanchfield is back!!!

Reply #663537 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Where was he?

Reply #663538 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

He was missing for nearly the first half of the season.

Reply #663539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And most of last season. Thank goodness he is back even if only for a few minutes.

Reply #663540 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze gets some crazy person eyes sometimes.

Reply #663541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hell didn't know it was at this time! Thanks!!!

Reply #663542 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Randle needs some decent team mates.

Reply #663543 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Gotta love the Tyler-Gaze dynamic

Tyler benched for the start of the game, plays his role reasonably well in ~10mins and the Kings lead by 2.

Tyler starts the 2nd half, plays like trash, Gaze leaves him in until Melbourne have a 10pt lead.

Great stuff, very funny.

Reply #663544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyler's mid range to the three point line game is redic

Reply #663545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller

Big like Klay, shoots like Steph

Reply #663546 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

That homeless guy that plays for Melbourne can shoot 3's!

Reply #663547 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Tyler can't

Reply #663548 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Time to get Phil Smyth back

Reply #663549 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

My wife said let's not go to the game today and head out to lunch and drinks in the city. I argues for a while but now I am glad. It’s embarrassing to watch and hard to watch. Gaze has to go Tyler has to go. Most of the team has to go. This is ridiculous.

Reply #663550 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

You would probably only keep Randle.

Reply #663552 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Melbourne probably look better without Prather

Reply #663554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree YouDog

Reply #663555 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

What I been saying all along lads.

Felix didn't do well what Prather does well. Didn't make shots or score, but is the cog they need to make it run smooth

Reply #663557 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Also, big ups to the sideline reporter's full-time interviews. On point.

Reply #663558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyler was meant to be injured and a DNP. Weird.
Gaze. Thanks but no thanks.

Reply #663559 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Gaze logic:

- Tyler was 'meant' to be injured, but plays >20 mins (-21 while he was on court too...)

- Singh starts, plays 2:45 mins, benched until garbage time

Reply #663562 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Carfino: "Once [the Kings] were 10 points down they put the rack in the cue."

Classic.

Reply #663563 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Dementia

Reply #663564 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Sitting behind the Kings bench it was real interesting watching the player's body language tonight. Tyler was lounged back talking to the drinks guy during a timeout while Gaze is drawing something up, and Gaze had to flash his hands in Tyler's face to get him to at least look in the general direction of him. No huddles or "1.. 2.. 3... Kings" after a timeout, just sit there, listen, walk on the court and do something that I can only hope for Gaze's sake was not what he drew up. Guys just walking past Gaze when coming in or out of the game. Chemistry looks to be at around zero, even after a couple of decent weeks (by our standards, at least).

The game itself... eh. Seen this too many times now, for years and years.

I think Felix will be good for Melb. Had a BS charge called against him and missed some 3s, but looks like a high energy guy who will do a lot of things outside of just scoring.

Reply #663567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings ...pathetic performances , poor culture , over priced imports , laughing stock , excuse driven ... # standardkings

Reply #663570 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

What are you exactly going to the game for at this point, if not be entertained? The wins and losses mean nothing at this point. Did Randle's crossovers not give you something to enjoy? Blanchfield stuffing the ball back in Melbourne's face twice in the first half?

The whining on here is pathetic. They are a 5-13 team. Enjoy it for what it is - I know I do. Its not life and death. When they are gone, like they were early 4th tonight, leave a few mins early and enjoy the rest of your night.

Reply #663573 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Chris, you're right. We're expecting too much. Just iso Randle for 40 mins and let him dazzle the crowd, that's what we should do to close out the season. Maybe run a few trick plays, tell the other team we'll let them win by 30 if they let Randle run through a few Globetrotter routines during the game.

Reply #663574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have signed LaMelo Ball. Point at the half court and let it fly!

Reply #663575 | Report this post

Herve Villechaize  
Years ago

I was right next to where Van Gronigan was standing. Had a good view of the bench. I'm sure no-one listens to Gaze. He dead set needs to go.
Followed closely by Blanchfield and Newley (if he can't pull his finger out.)
Always perplexes me that everyone is about Tyler going. I'd have shit body language too if I had to play with that lot and I'm the only one being held accountable....because none of the Aussie contingent are.
Back to Van Gronigan. Spent the whole time on his phone.....which is what I should have done...

Reply #663578 | Report this post

Problem for Kings is no one will want to sign there so they are stuck with what they have

Reply #663583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Van Groningen was probably on the phone trying to sweet talk his boss into not firing him. He should be the first to go, with Gaze unfortunately a close second. Playing group probably needs a major cleanout as well just to clear the toxicity.

Reply #663585 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Wanted to check the percentage situation and needed to go to a site called FlashScore. Pathetic how you cannot access a ladder of any kind from the mobile site

Reply #663586 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I click on leaderboards and scroll down for the ladder but its always out by a week.

Reply #663588 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Ah, cheers Udog. Found it and appears to be updated to the game

Reply #663593 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

With Moller now starting to deliver on all that Potential Gaze thought he had, it makes you wonder why they signed Felix.

They could've started Moller at 3 with Barlow his back up, and shored up the back court by signing a combo guard.

Still, Felix looks a good enough fit.

Bottom line- If Casper keeps being aggressive and looking like 2016/17 Casper then United aren't going to be far off it.

Where was Andersen today? He was huge against Brisbane. Why didn't he play today?

Reply #663595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings should've kept Maric and Moller, two team first guys who play defence. Blanchfield is totally over priced for what he delivers. Melbourne cranked up the defence and Kings melted.
Who ever put the Kings team together wants sacking.

Reply #663597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time for clear out, should have a meeting and say if you don't want to be here f@*k off, we'll payout the rest of your contract, just go. Even if it's only five guys left, get a couple of development players on and just play with heart. Sack Gaze, nice guy but is clearly not up to it, dead man walking and players know it. He won't walk so just axe him, can't really think of anyone in a similar situation that's lasted so long.
Will cost money but it's embarrassing, create a culture and get rid of mediocrity.

Reply #663600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep Maric, are you deluded?

Reply #663602 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I'm glad all us Sixers and cats fans were not bitter about the NBL giving Sydney a game in the NBA warm up season. They are an embarrassment.

Good work Randle and Tom for showing some spirit

Reply #663605 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Andersen was a late withdrawal due to injury.

Reply #663609 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Gaze doesn't have a play to beat the zone after 2 seasons in the NBL. Gaze starts Singh in front for Tyler and Humphries?? When the Kings are down by 10 in the 3rd, he puts on the bench team of Rookies?? There is no help D rotation when Ware drives to the basket - just gets 2 foul shots everytime. He is god dam 5 foot nothing. His shot should be blocked each and every time.

Reply #663617 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

United don't miss Anderson at all.

Reply #663618 | Report this post

Kings have no defence

Randle can't play against a zone

Gaze can’t coach

Tyler was a known problem before he was signed

Randle needs freedom to be his best in offence rather than structured offence

There is no consistency in line ups and Gaze looks to be experimenting on the fly which reflects his lack of experience. Copeland is not the right guy to assist and Kendle has a rep of being a locker room cancer as a player

It’s a mess with no positives on the horizon

Reply #663619 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Dunk from Felix , pretty to watch.
Some say the leading team must stop playing before the end of the game and wouldn't like that.
While some say it was a game highlight.
Perhaps play til end of game ...

Reply #663626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sides should play right to the end now with percentages so important.

Where to now for the Kings? What's the plan? Jvg letting Moller go is looking like a another crap decision, can't blame Gaze for that.

Reply #663631 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

If there's no defenders between you and the basket you stick it in. The other option is run around in cicles like an idiot.

Reply #663639 | Report this post

Kas  
Years ago

Re: Anderson - I think he has a foot injury - maybe plantar fasciitis ?

Reply #663675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course you can. Gaze should have insisted get Moller signed immediately #1 priority JVG. They were too slow. Simple.

Reply #663776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jvg was not interested, Gaze wanted him.

Reply #663779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes therein lies the problem.

Reply #663783 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Moller as #1 priority??

If Moller is your team's #1 priority offseason, you team has low standards.

Even if Moller were still at the Kings, do you really think he'd get minutes ahead of Newley and Blanchfield?

And with those few junk minutes, he'd win you some games?

Moller is not a bad player, but he is not the Kings saviour as many here seem to think.

Reply #663787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO one said he should be starting or would be a saviour. He's 23 and has so much potential.

Reply #663789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller isn't supposed to be a life saviour but Blanchfield has been very ordinary for the minutes he's got, and boy could the Kings use some off mollers defensive capability. As Perth have continually shown you need players that play both ends and that are not selfish, a rare commodity at the Kings.

Reply #663794 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754