Anonymous
Years ago

Using NBA LP overseas

Currently in the USA for a trip and I haven't been able to access any games here on league pass. Every game I go onto it says not available at your location. Now I get that they have blackouts for games in the US but I’ve tried every game and received the same message.

I’ve only got my phone so I can’t do a VPN to avoid. Has anyone resolved this on their travels?

Topic #42434 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go to a bar and watch it and enjoy a few beers, Problem solved!

Reply #663589 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

If you're using Wi-Fi it won't work as your location is US, if you're paying a per day roaming rate to be able to use your phone as normal it should work as if you were home. Same thing happened to me watching Foxtel Go over there, NBA LP may be the same.

Reply #663598 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Contact LP, let them know your situation and how long you will be in the US. You may be surprised.

Reply #663603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks. Contacted them and they said there is nothing you can do. Will be hitting up a few bars.

Reply #663611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Melb Boy roaming means you stay on an AU IP? Hmmm, interesting.

Reply #663612 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Vodafone was $5 per day to call, sms and use data as normal, with hotel Wi-Fi connected i got the msg unavailable for your location, this was Foxtel Go and also Bet365, Wi-Fi off and I used as normal.

It probably actually breaks their gambling laws, I placed a few bets on the NBA games I attended while I was there.

Reply #663614 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Could always try Firstrow or nbastreams on reddit if your desperate. But agreed a sports bar is your best bet!

Reply #663629 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754