Hogwash
Years ago

Fourth spot

Here we go over half way of 2017/18 season it looks like Perth, Melbourne and NZ will most likely play finals.
There is a chance that Breakers could slip but only a slim chance, though if they want a third import they need to do that ASAP.

Three teams are fighting for fourth Adelaide, Illawarra and Cairns ( Brisbane highly unlikely) so who gets that last spot in the 4?

I am going with Illawarra.
Thoughts ?

Topic #42440 | Report this topic

Hooplah  
Years ago

Adelaide

Reply #663822 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Perth

Reply #663824 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

There's still only 2 wins between 1st and 4th spot.

Reply #663825 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

3-8 will give NZ and Melbourne a good chance at making the playoffs, 3-9 will do the same for Perth. It would take an absolutely monumental collapse for any of them to drop out from here.

Reply #663826 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

I think the Hawks may just get 4th.

Reply #663833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tropics

Reply #663841 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The Flint Michigan Tropics, but of course.

Reply #663844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs

Reply #663845 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide is my pick.

Reply #663848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwLc7S31kmk

Reply #663849 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Perth still have to play Sydney 3 times that would be enough to make it

Reply #663852 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Adelaide are on upward momentum now, i think with Moore coming back and Creek shaking off first game back post injury, they will secure 4th.

Reply #663859 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Hawks play Adelaide 3 more times and twice at home, including a Friday/Sunday away/home double header.

Those games will decide 4th.

Reply #663861 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hawks also play NZ four more times, if they can win three (or four) of those they'll give themselves a chance too. If NZ win two of those I can't see them missing out.

Reply #663872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney Kings look the goods

Reply #663880 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

paul, who's your pick?

Reply #663882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks will get the 36ers. As per usual.

Reply #663892 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The current top 3 should make the playoffs, but there's no guarantee they'll remain the top 3. Especially with NZ and United playing each other 3 more times.

Who will be the other playoff team? I'll tip Adelaide. Injuries derailed them but once healthy they can become a force.

Reply #663904 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Taipans still to play Perth twice in Perth. not the Taipans.

Reply #663918 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

New Zealand, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. Sorry Illawarra.

Reply #663940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be a bit more known this weekend, Illawarra beat Melbourne and Perth beat Adelaide it opens it up a bit, NZ versus Melbourne 3 more times as well.

My gues now would be Perth, Melbourne, NZ, Adelaide. Another great season of NBL.

Reply #663945 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I get the feeling Cairns have eased a bit in the betting.
Illawarra are the dark horse and could get up but really need to take advantage of their draw

Reply #663948 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Isaac, I'm thinking it will stay with the four who are in there now, but you can't write off Illawarra, I think they will get very close and could even knock out NZ if they don't fix their D.

NZ struggle against speed and they've got four against the Hawks so those battles will be very interesting.

Reply #663949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on Isaac, that Tropics comment deserved a small ball, surely it was hilarious?

Reply #664050 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Top 4 looks set.
The race is on for home court advantage, not much between 1st place Melb (13-6) and 4th Adelaide (13-8).

Reply #666455 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Perth look shakey and rely on 2 players to score a bunch of points. NZ have been average lately too but the new guy Christmas looks alright. Melbourne look the best and Adelaide are probably their own worst enemy but have so many weapons. Unless Perth pull their fingers out they won't be top 2.

Reply #666487 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754