AshT
Years ago

Betting: NBL Round 13/WNBL Semi Finals

Sydney Uni Flames +5 @ 1.90

Fire with home advantage after humbled at Sydney last round in a match that perhaps spelt-out Fire's shortfall of season focus. 2-1 season split Sydney’s way but they were desperately unlucky in a 3pt loss to a Fire who threw the kitchen sink that day. Forecast humid conditions could be a factor but I can’t refuse a five point head start on Flames who are an excellent road team and when it is Fire who are the less proven team. NB. I just played the cap this time but there is certainly nothing at all shabby about the moneyline!

Topic #42446 | Report this topic

AshT  
Years ago

NBL MVP:

Travis Trice @ 15.00

Team is a little low on wins but just think he's having an excellent season, flying under the radar whilst others seem talked up, due to reputation or because they've got an exiting vertical leap. Has played every game so far, leads league in assists per game and has been a match winner at crunch times. If he can carry his team to victory over Cairns they then have six of nine at home to finish the season.

Reply #664112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be interesting to see people doing some counts for each each game like many do with the Brownlow.

fwiw this is was foxsports count a few weeks ago

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/201718-nbl-mvp-ladder-perrin-buford-climbs-to-no-1-prather-and-tokoto-on-the-chase/news-story/449ed8a70bde3b7b008d68233e8b754e

Reply #664119 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Probably should start a seperate MVP betting thread?

Tonight,

Adelaide 36ers +1 @ 1.92

In good shape with players back and should be poised to get on a run. Get their chance tonight while Perth are on the road.

Reply #664125 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Thought I was going to jinx the 36ers bet for a moment or two after having a little poke at the MVP fave & second fave (not their fault they are rated a bit short priced). I'd imagine both may feature in the votes last night.

WNBL tonight,

Melbourne Boomers 2.65 & +4.5 @ 1.90

The market anticipates a Lynx bounce-back at home but I fear minds may be more willing than a 'recovery day' of extra road fatigue will allow. Losing can become a habit too, while Boomers only need deal with any complacency factor and they are in the box seat.

Reply #664357 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Boomers are very good value I agree.

Reply #664362 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Any idea why today's WNBL semi is off the board ?

Reply #664571 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

No, Pinnacle have been OTB for longer than usual following a sharp wager. Occasionally they do forget to go back up too I believe.

Have you something in mind today?

Reply #664574 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Not really.. what was the bet placed earlier today?

Reply #664576 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Don't know, I just assume a sharp backed something that sent it OTB. No movement at TAB or Tattsbet.

Reply #664577 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Just emailed pinnacle..

Reply #664578 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sportsbet still showing today's game as a 50/50 contest.
(Interestingly, place a head-to-head bet and you'll only get $1.83 for each team. Go with the 0.5 point margin and it's worth $1.87 each)

Reply #664582 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Sydney Kings 2.59 & +4 @ 1.95

Good chance if can respond on good rest from a poor SH last game and with Wildcats on a road stretch.

Reply #664623 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Something today hopefully less painful than Kings trying to put away witches hats.

New Zealand - Cairns Under 169 @ 1.92

NZ (10-7) off three of past four games with #1 ranked 36ers and the other with #3 Kings, has perhaps helped pump the number higher than it should be. Cairns Over just 2.5 times all season were with top two ranked teams. H2H; 153, 143. Opened an even higher number but has now tightened right in to 165, which seems to still have some juice left in it.

Brisbane - Adelaide Over 179.5 @ 1.90

Bullets 7-12 at 172ppg, 36ers 10-8 at 181ppg but some good numbers at a deeper look, including a heavy predominace of low ranked opposition for both. H2H; 167. Currently a bit of 180.5 remains, which perhaps is around a cutoff IMO.

Reply #664799 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

"Brisbane - Adelaide Over 179.5 @ 1.90"

Could have Mitch Creek possibly told Moore to miss that last free throw?

Reply #665019 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

BTW, final score 84-95=179, despite that I've tried adding it together with a calculator and everything but it always equals 179.

Reply #665020 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

AshT

Just insist on rounding to the nearest 10.

Reply #665042 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754