Zodiac
Years ago

Illawarra vs Melbourne, Jan 6

Hawks up 6-0 early, Lachie Reid already pumped.

Topic #42464 | Report this topic

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Goulding gets abused by everyone on D, he can't guard a chair

Reply #664713 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Can't wait for the rest of the Kev White interview at halftime, wow.

Reply #664714 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

I was also told I would never play a game of NBL.

In my case they were 100% spot on.

Reply #664716 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Come on Hawks.

Reply #664717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the idiots here. Can't guard a chair. So can the chair guard him? Nope.

Reply #664719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware showing why he is an NBA reject

That is what the NBL is full of

Reply #664720 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Conger is a hell of a player. I can see another NBL team offering him more than the Hawks can match next season.

Reply #664722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man, united need to get the act together. The fact they are letting nick kay do whatever he pleases is laughable and sad.

Reply #664723 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

In defense of whoever said that to Kev White from the Kings, if the Hawks weren't a low budget team a 30 min drive down the highway they probably would've been spot on.

Reply #664725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14-6 FTs to 6

Referees making a killing betting on these games

Reply #664726 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Conger will be at Perth next year, twice the $$ as Hawks can give, Tokoto back to the US or Europe.

Gotta give Bevo credit for doing so much with far less.

Reply #664727 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

For example ppl give Cooke shit saying Perth need an upgrade, but he's probably better than Delvon at everything, Bevo just uses him more.

Reply #664729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Ware showing why he is an NBA reject
That is what the NBL is full of"

Strangley yes the NBL is not full of current NBA players. I can't put my finger on why. But it has had a good run with ex-NBA players and future NBA players.

Reply #664730 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Boo to the Sydney Kings head that told White he couldn't make it.

In a way I can't really blame him, I thought the same but congrats to Kevin for making it this far.

Reply #664733 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

That travel call on CG43 is bad.

Reply #664736 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Bad" is an understatement. Atrocious call.

Reply #664738 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Homicide played for the Washington Generals?

Reply #664739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Referees MAKING sure they will collect there Hawks bets tonight.

Wonder what they are going to spend it on?

Reply #664740 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

AJ really hasn't missed a beat, looking just as ordinary as he did pre-injury.

Reply #664742 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Chapman again on that travel call?

Reply #664744 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

#740 lol.
Its game on now Melb trailed by 18 at one point. Melbourne now in front 74-73.
Felix can play

Reply #664747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Referees are panicking

Reply #664748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cross court on felix with that steal?

Reply #664749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bou da!!

Reply #664750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Referees are FUMING

They had big plans to spend their Hawks bets tonight

Reply #664751 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I guess I picked a bad time to go take a shower. I think Hawks were up about 11 with 7 mins left?

Reply #664752 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Who was it that posted there were concerns about Felix's athleticism etc?

Oh baby he's looking good

Reply #664753 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I watched a bunch of Felix footage back when the Cavs drafted him, I don't know who would have doubts about his athleticism because that was basically his only major strength coming out of college. Could jump out of the gym, but had an iffy shot.

Reply #664754 | Report this post

I wouldn't say Kev has made it. Can’t shoot, can defend and is athletic as a potato. No one but he and his family will remember anything he has ever done on an NBL court

Reply #664755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's why the nbl is behind other major leagues. Even though it didn't have an effect on the game conger's shot at the buzzer where he was fouled was well after the buzzer. that's not the issue I don't mind the refs calling it that way on the court but for the 3 refs to go over and view the replay and still say that he shot it before the buzzer just doesn't make any sense. It was at 0.0 then he jumped up and released the ball a good 0.5 seconds after the buzzer. Are the refs incompetent or just not that bright?

Reply #664756 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

The foul was whistled before the buzzer, the continuation of the shot was after the buzzer, clock should have stopped on the whistle which was .3

Reply #664758 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

You can look at it this way... United coaching staff focused all their efforts on defence early in the season so they would be locked in on the most important end. With the amount of scoring talent they have, they were always going to figure it out. Maybe. But defence was the most important thing for this team

Reply #664760 | Report this post

Kas  
Years ago

Well done Melbourne!!!

It wasn't pretty but good fight boys

and without Majok & Anderson

Reply #664761 | Report this post

Wiggza  
Years ago

MU clearly breaking salary cap. Easily. Surely conflict of interest with LK running the league. As long as he does that it's a joke to the world.

Reply #664763 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

No Norton hurt Hawks tonight, Martin can't keep punching above his class every game.

Also that corpse running around in the Ogilvy uniform hurt them too.

Reply #664764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such a waste of a big salary. Budget-conscious teams like the Hawks just can't afford their marquee players to be chumps like this. It's painful even as an opposition supporter.

Reply #664765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love Rotnie Clarke but he threw the same pass that got picked off at about the sometime last time the played United, good steal, take care of the ball you need a score. bad pass

Reply #664767 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Does Perth hold tonight's Illawarra team under 80 points? I don't think so. Give it up for United's D

Reply #664772 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

MU clearly breaking salary cap. Easily. Surely conflict of interest with LK running the league. As long as he does that it's a joke to the world.
There's no salary cap to break.

Reply #664775 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Referees are FUMING. They had big plans to spend their Hawks bets tonight"

The refs whistled Melbourne for four fouls in the final 15 minutes, so hardly.

United doing a good Goorjian team impersonation at the moment. When refs whistle hand checks and arm bars correctly, like the first half last night, they struggle to defend.

When they can get away with that physicality on the ball handler they become an awesome defensive team.

Will be interesting to see how they go against Perth and NZ who space the floor well and move the ball, making it hard to play that way.

Goorjian's Magic/Titans teams struggled with Adelaide for the same reason, isolating the defenders makes it harder to ignore the contact.

Reply #664787 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Straight up, Prather ain't getting some of the boards that Felix ripped down last night. Not only a matter of being in position for them, but the athleticism to go over people and the mentality to go and get it at all costs. Prather doesn't have that in his rebounding game

Reply #664808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who do United let go in 3/4 weeks when Prather is back ?? Going to be a tough decision. United have not lost a game since he went down including the game he got injured, Barlow and Moller did great and now Felix is in and the winning continues.

Reply #664822 | Report this post

SM  
Years ago

Only 2 games in but Felix seems to compliment the team perfectly. I'd love to see Prather and Felix play together. But that'd mean Ware or Boone get axed and that obviously won't happen.

Reply #664842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754