LC
Years ago

NBL Top 5 Players by Position

As we look back at the midway point of the 2017-18 campaign, it's a great time to review and assess the premier players at each position in the 40th Anniversary campaign of the NBL.

NBL: Top 5 Point Guards of the Season

NBL: Top 5 Shooting Guards of the Season

The premier big men are next on the list to come...who are your Top 5's?

Topic #42466 | Report this topic

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Todd Blachfield listed as an Offguard???

And Sobey not in the top 5 is understandable but disappointing.

Reply #664812 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

All the pount guards have seemed quite inconsistent this year. No real standout this year so far.

Reply #664818 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Although if Randle was still in Adelaide and was cranking 3's at that clip he'd probably be in MVP form again. Probably be getting more assists in a good team too.

Reply #664819 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Point guard ratings are good

For shooting guard I'd have
1. Cotton
2. Mccarron
3. Rotnei
4. Newbill
5. Sobey
6. Moore
then the rest

Although: IS gliddon considered a SF then? Him and Mccarron are basically interchangeable, and I'd probably place Gliddon as the team's SG and Mccarron as the SF

Reply #665025 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The first 12 rounds have revealed plenty about the league's leading bigs, exposing some weaknesses and shining a light on their skills both inside and outside.

NBL: Top 5 Centres of the Season

Reply #665047 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

For me, PGs:

5 Sosa
4 Ware
3 Trice
2 Randle
1 Martin

SGs:

5 Goulding
4 Moore
3 Newbill
2 Clarke
1 Cotton

SFs:

5 McCarron
4 Tokoto
3 Prather
2 Conger
1 Buford

*With Childress and Abercrombie very unlucky!

Reply #665049 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tyler at 2? Seriously? The Kings are better off without him, he's a cancer with no interest in defending!

Funnily enough, the only player with a worse per minute +/- in the league is Humphries!

For me, Daniel Johnson has to be the number 2 centre, he has been outstanding the more he has played at that position.

My PFs:

5 Kickert
4 Walker
3 Kay
2 Wesley
1 Creek

Cs:

5 Cooke
4 Pledger
3 Jervis
2 Johnson
1 Boone

Reply #665051 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Those are pretty good lists of yours, Paul.

Reply #665085 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Have I not seen enough from McCarron to get a real gauge on how good he is? Is he really better than Childress and Clarke?

Reply #665093 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

@Hendo his rebounding and defense has been superb, despite arguably his shooting/scoring has slightly regressed. Plus he has played every game this season and didn't miss 4 rounds like Childress.

I think Wesley may have Surpassed Creek at the PF role.

If we are rating based on the whole season, then we can't exclude guys like Ogilvy and Ellis (Perry) based on recent rounds.

Reply #665132 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

No way McCarron is in front of Childress imo. Childress is getting better and better by the game. His intangibles are as good as anyone and a big reason why Adelaide has been playing so well of late.

Reply #665136 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The premier power/stretch forwards.

From the sweet shooting of Daniel Kickert to the metronome efficiency of Perry Ellis, the season's first 12 rounds have revealed plenty about the league’s leading 4-men, exposing some weaknesses and shining a light on their undoubted strengths.

NBL: Top 5 Power Forwards of the Season

Reply #665158 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Why do we feel the need to rank?

Serious question. What is its purpose?

Reply #665161 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Not all positions are that accurate some players listed spend majority of time at other positions.

Reply #665173 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thanks Mo!

Reply #665179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754