LC
Years ago

Delly takes down Bradley Beal and is ejected

It was hard, but no malice is my take. Does nothing though to overturn his reputation...

Topic #42473 | Report this topic

Spot Up  
Years ago

Was barely a free kick.

Reply #664935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dirty af imo

Reply #664937 | Report this post

Beatdog  
Years ago

Dirty delly is back

Reply #664939 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

If only it was the 90's.

Reply #664942 | Report this post

Wiggza  
Years ago

He got up right away. Stop being a little bitch and just play the game. No malice.

Reply #664955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just about took his head off but no malice

Reply #664965 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Might not have been malice but it was an awful play and one he shouldn't have made.

Reply #664980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Totally no a basketball defensive move, not stance. He set it up to put 2 hands on the player and it all went wrong from there. Ejection is the start of what should be a suspension.

Reply #664995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Aussie rules"

Reply #665001 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not sure "he got up straight away" is much of an excuse. It was dangerous and should be discouraged. If you can't stop the play without playing like that, don't stop it.

Reply #665002 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Well it certainly wasn't a charge!

Reply #665023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Play on

Reply #665024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Play on...without Delly in the game.

Reply #665027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Selwood would have received a free kick.

Reply #665029 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I love Delly but that was shithouse! Still, doesn't hurt his rep at all, the fact a lot of the multimillionaires are scared of being hurt by him is one of his assets in the NBA!

Reply #665030 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

So...

How many NBA players are NOT multimillionaires? Delly must also be scared of himself under that logic.

Reply #665044 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not really, because I didn't use the word 'all'.

Reply #665045 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Point taken. "A lot of..."

They're all multimillionaires now, unless they blow it all .

Reply #665046 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Which quite a few do if what you read is true!

Reply #665052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many times do you see deliberate stopping of players at the end of games to get ball possession, plenty are way worse than that hell he could use the excuse he was breaking his fall lol get up princess and grow a pair ,women are tougher than that

Reply #665066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you play social ball and got fouled like this by some scrub footy player, you'd be royally pissed. Dirty play.

Reply #665067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"how many times do you see deliberate stopping of players at the end of games to get ball possession, plenty are way worse than that"

I don't think grabbing someone around the shoulders is a normal play, and I haven't seen much worse than that.

Reply #665070 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He wasn't breaking the fall. He caused the fall.

All exacerbated because he flubbed the plan by rushing to the wrong spot and then having to grapple awkwardly at a guy rushing in the other direction.

Reply #665077 | Report this post

Fstos  
Years ago

Does this rule him out of MVP contention?

Reply #665087 | Report this post

Sirjump  
Years ago

Dangerous foul and he was rightly ejected.

As Isaac said above, if you can't stop the play without doing something like that, then don't stop the play. Worse still, he didn't *need* to stop the play - Bledsoe and Snell were right there.

I have disagreed with labeling some of his plays as dirty in the past, but this doesn't help his reputation at all.

Reply #665183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eject him for now sloppy and weak attempt at defense it was. Malicious or not it was an ugly play.

Reply #665187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dirty play beast mode

Reply #665188 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

One on one with adeptly to the bucket, I wonder how many people pull the ball up from now on or opt for the three.

He has the right coach for no grudge to be held against him for it.

Reply #665190 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I thought it was average, obviously just a badly used technique or a brain fade, not malicious but looked worse than it probably was.

He will cop his whack and be back like it never happened, all good in my book, especially since no injury surfaced from it!

Reply #665210 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Lucky that nothing serious came as a result of a coat hanger.
BrainFade maybe but dirty tactic which in other games, may have resulted in an all in tussle

Reply #665306 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Of all the allegations against Delly of reckless play this one is the least defensible as an authentic play at the ball or genuine basketball technique. I'm a bit disappointed he has stooped to such a thing, which will go a long way towards getting him characterised in the Bruce Bowen category (if he is not there already).

Reply #665310 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754