Anonymous
Years ago

Victorian ECC teams

http://basketballvictoria.com.au/victoria-east-coast-challenge-teams-2018-basketball/

Topic #42480 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame some of vic,s best players aren't there!

Reply #665296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not how good you are, it's who you know

Reply #665297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U18s or u16s?

A lot of girls injured apparently.

Reply #665298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the best players are there, but I agree politics plays a part.

Reply #665299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U18s some injured, some not.

Reply #665300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lopes, babic. No other injuries?

Reply #665301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic m vs vic u16 boys/girls will be one to watch at the end of the year.

Reply #665303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 1 Bulleen u16 girl. Got to be a first.

Reply #665304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the top age 16's from Bulleen good in this age group though? The BA kids are at SCC

Reply #665315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulleen

ECC
03 (1)
Paraha

SCC
04 (8)
Heal, Marshall, Collings, McIntyre, Leigh, Maltezos, Calvisi, Griffiths

Reply #665317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dempster from southern penn?

Usually they go from a metro team to play for country not the other way around.

Reply #665318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dempster from southern penn?

Usually they go from a metro team to play for country not the other way around.

it will depend on their residential address not the association they play for,that area has a strange cut off line that literally has it half country half metro.

kids dont go FROM metro teams to play for country teams they live in the country ones but travel to play in a metro team for VJBL.

Reply #665319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just looked it up, currently playing for Sandringham.

Reply #665320 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

ECC and SCC are both development tournaments. They are specifically set up to develop kids who show potential and also develop coaches who want to persue high performance coaching in future. I am sure the best available talent is usually chosen however the kids actually have to put their hands up to go too.. some don't.

Being that it is run in January, some kids just want a break or are away.

Just chill with the list scanning and the "it's who you know" crap. I don't buy it. I don't "know" anyone and my child is of decent talent but shows a lot of potential for the future which is why she has been chosen to have a crack at this, i believe. Drives me nuts hearing parents whining about places at these tournaments. National champs for 16's, 18's and 20's i get it... but development tournaments, chill.

Reply #665334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its not who they play for its where they live that dictates who they will represent at a national level, to go to ECC or SCC(in a VIC Metro team) they need to be living in a Metro area, otherwise the go to ACC and SCC (in a VIC Country team)
They could play for Melbourne but live in Geelong and be would be classed Vic Country, or play for Ballarat but live in Melbourne but be classed as Vic Metro.

Reply #665337 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Arent the state teams picked from these groups.

Reply #665349 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No - state teams are picked from state team trials and also regular season games/performance.

I am sure doing well at these tournaments assists your chances but just because you don't go to this doesn't mean you wont be selected for the state team.

Reply #665350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arent the state teams picked from these groups.

well they will tell you no,but lets be honest if your not on the radar for selection for these teams you certainly WONT be for State teams,for either metro or country, unless you are unavailable due to injury/illness or family holidays then basically you need to be in the selection group at least

some kids get an automatic invite purely because of their surnames,some because of the coaches but most are there because they have shown potential during prior tournaments or NITP/HPP programs, and just because you may miss out one year does not mean you will miss out subsequent years either.

Reply #665356 | Report this post

Qean  
Years ago

Ummm. Percy's boy makes 18s squad but not 16s. Hearing some unrest in the 16s Camp about nepotism.

Reply #665409 | Report this post

Qean  
Years ago

^ Perry's boy

Reply #665410 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Yes, U18 State teams are picked at ECC - Fact.

No, U16 teams are not but it does give coaches an good indication of how you a tracking.

Reply #665430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The High Performance Coaches have a say here in these things and from memory none have kids involved,

Reply #665918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see how many bulleen and hawthorn players are chosen for vic metro due to special interests and corruption!

Reply #666811 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

^which age group boys or girls

Reply #666899 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"corruption" lol.

i think some gnarky victorians should just move interstate

Reply #666934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking in to my crystal ball and knowing how Basketball VIC selectors operate and also judging by the girls already picked for ECC at a guess I believe that the U18 Girls State Team will consist of 4-6 Bulleen (after all they are the only team in the league, LOL) , 3-4 COE, and a light sprinkle from the rest of the league (for that fuzzy feeling, to keep the rest of the non Bulleen Teams happy).

IMO Far from the best players were available to pick from the teams seen at the ECC, unfortunately there are injuries and favouritism and some serious players will be left out or didn't make it to the ECC, just like every year.

If I am right there will be some very lucky girls picked, I think there will be a lot of head scratches , WTF's to be had when the Team is announced
...............Nothing Changes

If this is the case IMO VIC wont medal and it will be either SA, VIC Country or NSW metro

Reply #667304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754