anon
Years ago

Liz Cambage is a brat

I love basketball and have played at a high level and followed it my whole life, thankfully i dont think we have ever seen an Australian Womens basketballer with the terrible attitude as Liz Cambage.
I am not taking away from the fact she can play what i am saying is she is to basketball what Bernard Tomic is to Australian Tennis- a brat.
Someone who has been given talent and alot of it but in the past has been a quitter, a cry baby, a poor team mate who puts themselves first and a dirty player who never accepts responisibilty.
I wish there were coaches who would flat out refuse to play her if she behaved like she does regardless of her talent.
Watching the game last night her attitude was crap she was constantly giving cheap shots and complaining about every call to the point the commentators including LJ were getting sick of it and just wish she would play.
I look forward to her going to the WNBA were they do reviews of everything and you cant get away with the rubbish she does.
I was looking forward to having a talent like her in the league again but i was happier when i heard her say she wont be back for awhile.
accept your actions http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/boomers-liz-cambage-hits-out-at-critics-of-the-kneeing-incident-that-led-to-a-onematch-ban/news-story/d391faf8135e7c5f9111fc7f1a3118c2

Topic #42541 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is she going back to the WNBA though? Seems like too much effort for her playing consistently against the best in the world.

Reply #667297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She will take the easy money in China again.

Reply #667300 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

While some of the media write that she led the boomers to victory and that she joins wnba where erin phillips is assistant coach

Reply #667301 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Is this the same 'anon' who had a shot at me in last night's game thread for having a shot at Cambage's carry on?

If so, you too are a neurotic freak.

Reply #667305 | Report this post

SIXERS VOICE  
Years ago

After watching the game last night I must agree and say that she is also a sook. Even during the commentary Lauren Jackson said that she needs to ignore issues on the court and just get on with the game. IMO she is also a bit of a thug. Her first shot in the game involved her elbowing Suzi B in the throat and then shooting. No call. Later in the game not one of the three officials saw her hit Suzi in the stomach which resulted in Suzi collapsing to the floor. Throughout the game she continually gestured or showed shock/horror whenever as call went against her. To me the ultimate lack of class happened at the end of the game when the camera was on her and she screamed "F..k Yeah". She reportedly left the WNBA originally because it was all too hard. If she goes back to the WNBA now, and acts like last night, she will be dealt with harshly, particularly if she takes cheap shots at the opposition. There are some tough players in the WNBA.

Reply #667307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As said above, Cabbage is the Tomic of basketball. The quicker she puts on her big girl pants and doesn't act hard done by flat out the better her game will be.

Reply #667326 | Report this post

rip curl  
Years ago

Seriously
The F&$);( yeh at the conclusion was classless

This woman does not have any idea of good sportsmanship or understanding of who the audience is or should be for the league. Children !!!!

She played this way in Adelaide & parents noticed it
People who are not big basketball people could not understand why the Referee team allow so much dirty play ???

Why don't the referees call flagrant fouls for such contact ?
I noticed game 1&2 had the same three referees on each game also

Are they the best we have ?

Reply #667335 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Loved the Bogut cut outs behind Boomers bench in game 1.
She needs to cheer up. Her glass is half full but she sees it the other way.

Reply #667356 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

She's basically a 95kg toddler

Reply #667364 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Reply #667305
re: Liz Cambage is a brat

No i am not that same one who had any shot at you, incase you havnt noticed there are alot of Anon posters we are not all the same one.

Reply #667365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

95kg only?

Reply #667367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She's tall, she’s big (well fat really fit a supposed pro athlete)
She can’t run to save her life and her IQ is well below par

Any player who had been given the amount of instruction she has since day dot would be able to do what she does , well they would do it ten times better without the attitude

Reply #667371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like how you guys are showing how immature she is by making fun of her weight.

Reply #667372 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

^ not making fun of her weight at all, just using it as reference to her immaturity and petulance.

I'll change to 26 year old toddler if that's less suggestive

Reply #667376 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

^^another #overlysensitiveanon

Reply #667377 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Liz is a Grade-A B tho

Reply #667378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"^ not making fun of her weight at all, just using it as reference to her immaturity and petulance. "

Yes that makes perfect sense. Like I think you are also immature because you have a small dick.

Reply #667379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about just a plain egotistical brat
Will that do?

But she's certainly not the epitome of an althlete though is she

Reply #667381 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Wow you nailed me GOOD with that one! And I thought Cambage was the immature, petulant one

great to liz apologist in here.. yolo

Reply #667382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz apologist? No, I can't stand her. But there is enough to criticise her about without calling her fat or making fun of her weight. Read the other comments Pickem.

Reply #667384 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If someone says you're a brat , announce proudly that some of your best friends've asked you that.
When told to look at yourself ... never look .
Needless to say people who hate you will start hating themselves for needing to talk about you....

Reply #667387 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

One word somes her up after last night. Grub!

Reply #667410 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Agree with all except the fuck yeah at the end. Fair sure in a finals, that's a given reaction at the end for most players. We’ve heard/seen worse from most males in sports and had a laugh about it

Reply #667417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I look forward to her going to the WNBA were they do reviews of everything and you cant get away with the rubbish she does."

No, the WNBA is much more physical than the WNBL. The WNBL is so soft in comparison. Have you seen half the dirty crap those American bigs pull? Griner, Fowles, Ogwumike.... they all get their dirty shots in and that's not what the refs review. Griner is particularly dirty and gets away with it, just as Liz will.

To the people harping on THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Rubbish. These grown women are professional athletes. If you want to put on a good show for your precious children take them to a children's show, now a professional athletic event. Getting on Liz for cursing on the court? Did you all sleep through LJ's entire career? Grab the smelling salts!

Speaking of LJ, she's enabled Liz just as much, if not more, than anyone else. It's almost like there's a culture at the Boomers that encourages this. Hmmm.

Reply #667558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm with ricey on the end of game reaction, we want passion from our sports stars and then tear them down for it. She has many faults and has erred a lot this season, not sure that's included

Reply #667559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they are grown women and professionals which means they have self control, discipline and awareness except Liz perhaps. We all use expletives but we have the ability to filter when it is appropriate no matter how emotional the situation is. So not giving her a pass on the 13 f-bombs she dropped throughout the game is understandable. I didn't understand why the officials let her get away with it while speaking to them. And for those apologist who want to give her a pass on the one after the game, what about the other 12 she dropped during the game?

Reply #667565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""To the people harping on THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Rubbish. These grown women are professional athletes. If you want to put on a good show for your precious children take them to a children's show, now a professional athletic event. Getting on Liz for cursing on the court? Did you all sleep through LJ's entire career? Grab the smelling salts!""

this poster seems to forget the target audience of the Boomers and WNBL....families, young girls, if they want to get an audience that appreciates the behavior of Cambage and her language the perhaps they need to market it those who appreciate boxing and wrestling (or enjoy the Real Housewives shows)

Boomers pack their stadium with kids more than any other team, because thats their target market,get the kids in the parents spend money and it brings loud enthusiastic crowds because kids have much few inhibitions to adults and dont mind getting up doing the conga and screaming.

The amount of people who walk out of those games complaining about her behavior should be concerning to Boomers
I for one certainly hope shes true to her word and never sets foot back on Australian soil in the name of basketball,shes been a blight on women's sport and made the WNBL organizers look like fools who can be manipulated by a gigantic toddler with a foul mouth

Reply #667570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if the WNBL and Boomers marketed to sport fans instead of a child care hour and a half the league would be more profitable.

Reply #667597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

>I for one certainly hope shes true to her word and never sets foot back on Australian soil in the name of basketball,shes been a blight on women's sport and made the WNBL organizers look like fools who can be manipulated by a gigantic toddler with a foul mouth

Oh wow. Cambage isn't the only one being dramatic and ending up looking foolish.

Reply #667598 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

If Cambage and Kyrgios ever have kids, I'm moving to another planet

Reply #667600 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I liked it. Yeah she's a brat, but I enjoy a side of drama with my sport.

Reply #667603 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'll never get the hatred that people like Cambage/Kyrgios bring out in folks. Seems we want our athletes to be emotionless robots.

Reply #667604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if the WNBL and Boomers marketed to sport fans instead of a child care hour and a half the league would be more profitable.

yes your absolutely right but unfortunately due to the ongoing sexism in sports the only market that isn't taken is the families and kids when it comes to basketball, maybe if sporting channels and sponsors got behind women's basketball instead of treating them like also rans then they could hit a more mature audience,but that still does not excuse bad behavior from people you not only pay to see perform but that are placed in the public eye as role models for younger generations.

Reply #667608 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

No Angus, it's the disrespect for the sport they play and the disrespect for their opponents which puts so many people off characters like these..

Nobody wants 'robots’ but we like players / people with integrity

Reply #667609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well said^

Reply #667615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WNBL lack of popularity isn't due to sexism. What a ridiculous statement. WTF.

Reply #667632 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

They boob Serena and supported Hingis (Bood bod dylan for turning electric). Some wanna hate on Magaret Court.
I want the names of those who boo Cambage on sunday..

Reply #667657 | Report this post

Titan 74  
Years ago

Why would you want the names of the Fire fans that boo the thug?
These fans had their club captain and current league MVP cowardly punched by that games biggest sook.
I hope that they boo her every touch of the ball.

Reply #667675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The "punch" was more classic Batkovic flop than actual punch.

Reply #667780 | Report this post

Jack Higgins  
Years ago

I have it on good authority that even if she wanted to play in the WNBL next season, neither the Boomers or the league want her back due to her terrible behaviour. Addition by subtraction I say. There are people in basketball australia who are quite disgusted by her attitude.

Reply #667781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Higgins....I hope you are correct, Though I'm sure LJ would ha e something to say about that she sees nothing wrong in her attitude sadly

Reply #667782 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Angus there's a vast amount of middle ground between "emotionless robot" and being a complete douche.

Reply #667788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Normally I'd barrick for the underdogs in Boomers today but can't due to Cambage. Boomers have done so well off the court but Cambage has tarnished this good work on the court!

Reply #667789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see Cambage going off at the end of this next game win or loose ,she will be giving a big "F" you attitude to everyone, her team mates most likely included if they loose no doubt. I just hope the crowd show her the same disrespect in return,hopefully no one claps when her names called as she takes the court or they all boo her then, that will set her ball rolling lol

its like a train wreck you cant not watch lol

Reply #667794 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Her attitude was instilled by her mother.
"Liz, you are the best and don't forget it"

Reply #667846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bball Vic and then Bball Aus created the behaviour by always pandering to Liz and her mother. These governing bodies wanted in on the next "big thing". Blame for outrageous bullying by Liz as teenager was redirected elsewhere and so they have reaped what they have sown and many promising players left the game so they did not have to endure any more

Reply #668130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hopefully thats the last Australia will have to endure of her now

Reply #668132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such a shame because she is such a talent.

Reply #668239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754