Hogwash
Years ago

Mitch Creek's prospects

I'm not an Adelaide fan but respect where it is due.
IMO Creek is the best Australian in the comp this year.
Does anyone think he will get another chance at NBA or see him playing 2020 Olympics?
He is just 25.

Topic #42561 | Report this topic

anom11  
Years ago

good to see him finally shooting open shots tonight

Reply #667987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide hinted at something along these lines during this afternoons game.

Reply #667990 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

He is good, but you guys are getting carried away.

I think the stats sat otherwise, but you can't trust him from deep. Yes his handles are getting better, but his impact on a game is in direct correlation with pace of game.

Get him playing for the Taipans and he ain't the same player you're seeing here.

But yes, relatively young. Kinda. Room to grow

Reply #667992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not an Adelaide fan but he's the best player in the league, he's a true team player that plays both ends, doesn't just look for points.

Reply #667993 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Homicide said when the season is over. That could just mean a Euro contract in the NBL off-season.

I'm not a hater, because I understand being a hyped fan, but some of you are seeing these individuals as world beaters just because the team is winning.

Reply #667995 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Get him playing for the Taipans and he ain't the same player you're seeing here.

I think that says more about how the Taipans play than how Mitch plays.

He's right up there as the best Aussie in the NBL this year. Not sure he's NBA calibre, but should probably be in Boomers calculations.

Reply #667997 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Jazz were supposedly going to sign him at the end of last season and stick him in their D-League team but he injured his wrist or something a few days after the season so the Jazz backed away.

They liked him enough to put him on their Summer League team and with how much Homicide was alluding to greener pastures awaiting him next season it suggests he might be in the NBA next season.

Reply #667998 | Report this post

He has been getting Euro offers since he was 17. The big money is now on the table

Reply #668000 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Smooch, I'm not claiming to see into parallel universes. How can one claim to know how a player would play in a different scenario?

My point is simply this: get him on a team playing a slower pace and he's half the player you see

Reply #668001 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

If he gets a genuine Euro contract, I guess time will tell as to whether I'm right

Reply #668004 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The man has drive, I'll say that. He works hard

Reply #668006 | Report this post

Skip  
Years ago

Well Cairns are half the team Adelaide are this season though, so perhaps they should pick up the pace.

Reply #668007 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Reading between the lines I don't think Homicide would've been carrying on like that if it were just a big Euro offer on the table, sounds like an NBA deal to me.

Reply #668008 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Doesn't take much for Homicide to carry on, but let's hope he goes NBA. That'd be something. But on what team do you fit a wing who doesn't shoot 3s?

Pace of play a) helps athletic guys like Mitch, b) inflates individual numbers. That's all I'll say

Reply #668010 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If you saw the games he played for the Jazz in Vegas he was doing pretty well as a lockdown defender. I think he only scored in double figures once but with how much his teammates seemed to enjoy Creek's defensive work I was a bit surprised the Jazz didn't give him a training camp invite.

Reply #668016 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Yeah he definitely impressed me defensively too.

Reply #668018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek has arrived as a star. Just in time for signing elsewhere by the sounds of things. BUT no too late to get some 36ers jewellery.

Reply #668029 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

If Mitch continues to develop his outside shooting as he has shown in recent games and he puts in some work to build that sweet outside shot, he is a shoe in for a good look into the NBA. The rest of his game is already there. If he gets a gig, his development will be fast tracked under pressure. NBA will love him. I think he will attract the $'s too. Plenty of room to develop under a great coach.

He's probably been my favorite player right from his debut and I wish him all the best for his future career.

NB (After he helps us win our overdue next title)

Reply #668059 | Report this post

GrannyPanties  
Years ago

He will get a chance in the big league ... NBA teams love guys like him on their squad .

He is just flat out an excellent ball player with his only weakness being the 3 pt shot. ( not terrible )

His basketball IQ and intangibles have improved immensely every year over the last 5 and he is truly a two sided finisher who gets downhill quick .

He also plays up to the standard and he has heart .

Not saying he will star in the NBA but he could right now give a team a very hearty 10-12 minutes per .

Excellent locker room guy , a student of the game and would be excellent to teach and push some young talented bigs on the training track .

Has to be in the Boomers team .

Reply #668101 | Report this post

GrannyPanties  
Years ago

Sorry Ayjay , hadn't read your post before mine but fair to say i agree wholeheartedly .

Reply #668103 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure if the three is a natural, confident part of his game, though it should be. Confidence with the three and converting at the line IMO. It's funny too because that killer instinct has been a key to his game since his rookie year, but you can still see the self doubt in him when he's on the arc.

Going by scoring stats, the two top locals in the NBL are DJ at #6 and Creek at #13. Both have a good case for best Australian in the NBL this season - DJ being #3 in rebounding. Who else right now? Kickert, Sobey, Gliddon, Loughton, Goulding, Newley, McCarron are next down the scoring list. Should be Newley and Goulding on historical form, but it's not. Kickert is handy, but I prefer DJ's attacking style.

To Creek's credit, he came to Adelaide, stuck with it and has worked and worked. Let's hope his base position/fallback from here is featuring in a Sixers dynasty, and his stretch options are the experience/money in Europe, or heights of the NBA.

Reply #668122 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

I'm always skeptikal when we bring up these questions. Even with Delly I was like there is no way this guy will make the NBA. I think Mitch Creek has the skill set to play in the NBA. He is not that different to say Michael Kidd Gilchrist. He can definitely be an NBA role player.

Reply #668264 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd be super disappointed if he doesn't make the Olympic team. I think he absolutely deserves to.
I feel like this will be his last year in Australia for the foreseeable future. He's headed for bigger and better things.
Hopefully the Sixers make the most of having him here, before it's too late.

Reply #668405 | Report this post

NannasAlwaysRight  
Years ago

Good player, that's all. Does great community work earlier on. Worked hard on his fitness.
Became superstar, but only a star.
When you play outside of Australia; its vastly different.
In terms of prowess only, similar to Mundine. Knows his stuff, his game but only plays in Australia.

Lets see who bites

Reply #668589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eurocup maybe...

Reply #668592 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Bites what?

Reply #668600 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754