J
Years ago

Coaches trying to get calls

Paul henare doing a vickerman, telling the media the wildcats will come out and "bully us".

I think it is pathetic to come out before the game and suggest a team will be physical and try and push you around. It is a ploy to get calls, it worked last time and it should be met with a fine from the league. The refs seem to buy into it therefore provide a disincentive for coaches not to do it.

I mean ffs the wildcats just got embarrassed by the kings twice, they arent bullying nobody atm.

Topic #42586 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't blame them for trying if it gets the desired results from the refs

Reply #668751 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Nice post by J aka Trev.
Who is going to bully a team with Mika on it?

Reply #668759 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/perth-wildcats-set-to-bully-us-says-breakers-coach-ng-b88725126z

Henares words

Reply #668802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United were 5 fouls to 0 in the fourth quarter, only 2 and a half minutes in. This led to a free throw parade for the remainder of the fourth, allowing Perth to get themselves back into the game. Vickermann was onto something.

Reply #668831 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

So you reference the 4th but ignore the equally bad one way tide that went uniteds way in the 3rd? You know when they got the lead!

Reply #668866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And there's no proof that an uneven foul count means anything more than one team fouled more than the other. Don't like getting fouls, play better defence.

Reply #668867 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Visiting teams to Perth are a better chance when the game is called somewhat closely to the rules rather than allowed to be a rugby game, so it's perfectly understandable why Henare has made those comments, especially with the Wildcats no doubt coming out breathing fire after last week.

Reply #668868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Henare is talking about home cooking. He is saying he expects Perth to be fiery and his team needs to be ready for that.

Reply #668881 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

A real premature evaluation by Henare.

He knows the Cats are going to be FIRING soon and back into form.

They might not come back into form until next week though imo.

Reply #668888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol J another salty Wildcats fan who's rightly worried if his team loses their homecourt advantage.

Reply #668892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about these coaches focus on themselves and their teams playing better.

Reply #668893 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Its like clockwork. Cats losses and J posting about refs.

Cats win and the refs seem fine from J's point of view.

Reply #668896 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Didnt make any excuses last week fstos . I dont like coaches trying to influence the refs through the media. And i think u find when most teams go down by a small margin most supporters are able to find plenty of calls that arguably went the wrong way and hurt there team, esp with the standard of nbl refs

Reply #668900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J you must hate trev then. Pauline speaks the truth so deal with it basically.

Reply #668917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pauline. GOLD!

Reply #668919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how Henare feels about the foul and freethrow count tonight lol.

Apart from a few bad calls each way, imo it was one of the better refereed games, NZ did just seem to foul a fair bit tonight.

Reply #669096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754