Anonymous
Years ago

NBL ladder and stats

Does anyone know of a site other than nbl.com.au that has stats and an updated ladder?

Topic #42607 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

https://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/5/Australian-NBL/standings

Reply #669324 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure about the ladder, but the best option for stats is Spatial Jam. The interface can be a bit sluggish, but it's got loads of great options including some advanced and career stuff the NBL have failed to provide for many years now.

Reply #669328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks guys 2 great sites much appreciated

Reply #669363 | Report this post

andrewbprice  
Years ago

Yes, apologies for that sluggish interface.

That table is performing on-the-fly calculations on 123,680 individual player statlines now so it's working pretty hard in the background there - especially with calculating some of those metrics.

I'll be working on improving the performance over the off-season.

Thanks for the shoutout though

Reply #669471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I and I'm sure many found the sluggish comment pretty ridiculous too. You build amazing websites keep up the good work Andrew.

Reply #669481 | Report this post

andrewbprice  
Years ago

Thanks, I actually agree though - it's not ideal. There are a few things I can optimise to help out. Now that it seems to be running pretty smoothly I'll go back and start tidying some of that stuff up.

Thanks for all the hits yesterday too Hoops. Can always tell when the site's been linked to here - there's always a decent spike in clicks.

Reply #669486 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The stats only change a few times a week, and only impact a few dozen rows, I'd guess. Could you periodically (4am daily) abstract some of the calculations to other columns rows to handle common queries?

What route do you use to isolate player stats for a particular team's roster? At the moment I deselect all teams, then select the team I want. Is there a way to just get the team without unchecking all others or deselecting all first? Obviously if you uncheck unwanted teams one-by-one, it re-queries each time.

Reply #669507 | Report this post

andrewbprice  
Years ago

Yeah, it's unfortunately a bit more complicated than that. Because I've incorporated filter functionality all the metrics etc need to be calculated on the fly based on the critera the user has selected. I can't pre-cook them without losing this kind of feature.

To get one team's worth of stats, I just untick the 'all' button then turn on the one's that I do want. I think that's what you mean by delselecting all first? That's the only way to do it at the moment. I've done this because often people want to see 2-3 teams at a time - I can make it either 'all' or a one particular team, which would speed that up, but it gets rid of the option to see a sub-set of teams at one time.

Reply #669588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #828250 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754