Anonymous
Years ago

What NBA team would you want to draft you?

If you had to choose a team to play for what team would it be? Would you go with a team going after a title but not much playing time like GSW, a solid franchise that develops players like the Spurs, glamour like the Lakers, environment/lifestyle like the Heat or playing with someone like LeBron? Or even a coach, history, etc.
And who wouldn't you want to play for, someone like Atlanta who hasn't got much going for them and are constantly rebuilding even after having a bit of success.

Topic #42618 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It all depends..

am I the likes of Kobe Bryant coming straight out of high school, or am I late to be picked in the second round? similar to JP Tokoto

If I'm a Kobe type of player - Big Market Team, with lots of cash that is prepared to build around me for the long haul, something along the lines of Lakers, Boston, Chicago.

If I'm going late in the second round.....
Perth Wildcats

Reply #669645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ yeah exactly, depends on the situation. Sure-fire all-star, any vaguely competent big-market team.

I'd take Boston or the Spurs in most other situations, though. Tatum's situation this year is absolutely incredible - talent of a high lottery pick but you get to play alongside all-stars in a big market with an outstanding coach and organisation, while competing for a championship. Spurs picks always seem to out-perform their draft positions pretty dramatically, which equals longer careers and higher earnings, and they get to be part of a freakishly relentlessly winning club.

The downside of superteams is that while you get a championship, they almost never retain their rookies once they come off a rookie contract because they just don't have enough spare money. So yeah it would be nice to be drafted by and get some run with Golden State, but I don't think it's the best career option for most draft prospects.

Reply #669654 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd love to be drafted by Seattle Supersonics, then not only would I have a team to play for but also I'd have a team to still support when they realise I'm a talentless hack.

It would be pretty cool having Michael Jordan as your boss too!

Reply #669695 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Spurs

Reply #669787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Toronto, I'm not a big fan of America.

Reply #669790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Toronto is in America.

Reply #669797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

USA sorry.

Reply #669800 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:42 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754