Isaac
Years ago

Anthony Petrie announces his NBL retirement

Bullets on Twitter:

Anthony Petrie announces his retirement from the Bullets at the end of the 2017/18 season. To celebrate the no. 17's final home game all maroon seats will be $17.
Wording is a little awkward, but I'm assuming this is his retirement from the NBL and not necessarily from ABL-level?

Either way, a conclusion to a great career. I remember thinking before he came to Adelaide that if we couldn't get Vukona, then Petrie was the next best option in that kind of role. 250+ games as a versatile, defensive role-playing PF. Averaged 10PPG over his career.

Topic #42638 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Congratulations to him for a stella career.
I must admit he has been one of my favourite players and I liked his intensity and passion. He seemed a decent guy off court too.

Reply #670262 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Agree, has been a fantastic innings. Passion for the game is unrivalled, imagine its simply his body starting to give out on him and the (un) likelihood of picking up another contract that's spelling the end.

Never felt worse for a player going down injured than when I saw him do his achilles while playing for the Blaze.

Reply #670266 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Agreed.

One of my favourite players when he was with the Sixers.

No nonsense work horse attitude to the game, an asset to every team.

Reply #670277 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

I agree with love broker as loved A. Petries work ethic both in D and offence.
Hope life after basketball goes well.

Reply #670384 | Report this post

The Rooster  
Years ago

Well done Anthony

Reply #670440 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Well done Peach, hopefully your body holds up for you long into the future.

Will never forget him being the best player for the Boomers in series with China and people on this site bagged him for being selected but he made the most of all his opportunities

Reply #670453 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:09 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754