Isaac
Years ago

Liz Cambage signs with Dallas Wings

One of the top centers in international women's basketball will call Dallas home this summer as the Dallas Wings have signed Liz Cambage to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal have not been disclosed.

The 6-foot-8 Cambage is a three-time Player of the Year, taking two honors in 2011 as the Australiabasket.com Player of the Year and Australian WNBL Player of the Year as well as being tabbed as the All-Chinese Player of the Year in 2016.
"Liz is one of the best players in the world and her return to our organization will greatly improve our basketball team," said Wings President & CEO Greg Bibb. “Her offensive ability will add another dimension to Coach Williams’ fast-paced, high-scoring brand of basketball, while her size and defensive presence will greatly improve our ability to protect the rim and rebound on the defensive end of the court. We are thrilled to have Liz back in the WNBA and wearing a Dallas Wings uniform.”

Topic #42661 | Report this topic

Wang whipper  
Years ago

We'll miss Liz, said nobody.

Reply #671177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh noes

Reply #671178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how this will influence Aussie basketball's rep for dirty players.

Reply #671192 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

hopefully for her sake she realises where she is and pulls herself into line.. She'll be chewed up and spat out pretty quickly in the WNBA if she behaves the way she did in the WNBL this season

Reply #671193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But they "know how to ref her" over there!

Reply #671202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL" fast paced is not what anybody would Call Cambage that's for sure
And just wait till she gives her team mates a blast .... interesting times ahead for Dallas , hopefully she stays true to her word and doesn’t step foot back here to play

Reply #671205 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Her offensive ability will add another dimension to Coach Williams' fast-paced, high-scoring brand of basketball,"

Doesn’t say she’ll add to or be part of the fast pace. So “another dimension” could be a slower-paced, half court game.

Reply #671253 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Hopefully Erin will be able to pull her into line.

Reply #671265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she can now take her sooky attitude to texas........hopefully she will grow up over there

Reply #671267 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

seeya don't let the door hit you on the way out

Reply #671291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think Erin will do much , hell LJ encouraged it.

Reply #671295 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure the WNBL will miss Cambage when the number of mainstream news-worthy stories falls to 0 next season.

Reply #671312 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Enjoy Dallas Liz

Think everyone has had enough of her self righteous behavior.

Reply #671348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, you've got to check out the Dallas wings Facebook page.

Where they announce her signing... check out the comments underneath. Liz chimes in. Hilarious!

Reply #671350 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Shows Liz is really going to mature into a well rounded person.

Reply #671353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'All good Liz - there's a lot more players I’d prefer to watch when I’m in the states for world karate championships'

Reply #671370 | Report this post

Laker824  
Years ago

Breaking news - Bogut to sign with the Dallas Mavericks

Reply #671383 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Haha her responses are gold in the Facebook post. Why is she claiming to have matured and all that, and then goes off on people via Facebook? Seems an odd way to mature by not actually changing whatsoever

Reply #671452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont care

Reply #671775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unbelievable, what professional athlete behaves like that on their clubs fa book page LOL
She's a disgrace, and she will never change, she enjoys being a douche bag far too much

Reply #672163 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Under a post from the team welcoming her to Dallas this season, she replied with

thank you for being patient with me, I'm so excited to come back to the WNBA with fresh beginnings at Dallas! Can't wait to see you all soon! EC x

That is disgraceful because ... ???

Reply #672165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luuc , you needed to keep reading

Post from Liz in response to a comment re festivals in Dallas
is it tiring holding on to something that happened 4 years ago? but then it doesn't really look like you have much to do than fret over me :*

And another of Liz’s responses
mmm no, I actually became the highest paid female australian athlete after that, went to another olympics, took a year off to have a bit of fun, come back to Australia and broke a few records in the WNBL and made all star 5 after a year off, now just getting ready for com games and WNBA. And no hun, I'm not looking for anyones recognition or respect. I don’t need randoms telling me how to live my life. I work hard and play hard and live my life to the fullest. I know how boring life in coffs harbour can be, if you ever feel like a holiday you should come to dallas, I’ll sort you with some tickets x

Reply #672169 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

ooooh ... ok my bad, I just went back and expanded everything, and I stand corrected on that one.

Reply #672170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Candice Dupree went back and forth with snark on an Indiana Fever post about them trading for her last season before she deleted it but no one was up in arms. SHRUG

Reply #672175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if Liz posts on here defending her self either

Reply #672181 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

mmm no,
I actually became the highest paid female Australian athlete after that,

* $s defines success

went to another olympics,

* participation defines success, not achievement
* validation by selectors is more important

took a year off to have a bit of fun

* Me, Me ( and did i mention ME ?)

come back to Australia and broke a few records in the WNBL

* did not win premiourship of MVP - is an "unmentionablke"
* record Number of reports in one season ?

and made all star 5 after a year off,

* I'm so good i don't actually need to try like those other losers

now just getting ready for com games and WNBA.

* "getting ready" not working hard preparing - its just a night out not a job

And no hun, I'm not looking for anyones recognition or respect.

* "hun" - depreciating nomenclature applied exclusively to females
* - as i get full validation of everything i do from myself,

I don't need randoms telling me how to live my life.

* "randoms" deserve no respect as human beings - they are so much less than important people like myself.

I work hard and play hard and live my life to the fullest.

* - I know this because I tell myself this everyday and it sounds completely true and right to me.

I know how boring life in coffs harbour can be,

* condescending bigotry on the basis of location

if you ever feel like a holiday you should come to dallas,
* see above

I’ll sort you with some tickets x

* excess $'s validates my superiority over you See "charity as a self validation of moral superiority in the 20th century"

Got to love this girl, like herpes, she just keeps coming back.

Reply #672195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is the worst analysis of a Insta post I've ever seen.

Reply #672197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very Old sounds even more pathetic than what he tried to make Liz out to be.

Reply #672198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tragic on both sides yes

Reply #672200 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Very Old, you are obsessed and I think you have a personal problem. Get outside, expand your horizons and seek a life.

Reply #672203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very Old's analysis is correct and thorough. Good job.

Reply #672242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His analysis was pointless and vindictive, almost as if he thinks she owes him something.

Reply #672243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can tell how much Liz has change by this single post;
"but then it doesn't really look like you have much to do than fret over me". She then goes onto talk herself up " I actually became the highest paid female australian athlete after that, went to another olympic....."

The reply is the best ever

"Bernard Tomic is also highly paid ... He’s a tool too"

BANG!!!

Reply #672460 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

" Liz Cambage and not , as previously reported , Brittney Griner , is the player to watch this season . "

Reply #672493 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed that she signs EC when posting...
I think shes been on here before...

Reply #672501 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No I haven't.

Reply #672503 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like some wealthy people live there in dallas....

I'm a minimalist....

Reply #672623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LJ was at times just as moody and defensive on social media back in the day (not to mention the cursing and physical play on court) but didn't receive near the same level of vitriolic hate. I wonder what the difference is hmmmmmmmm.

Reply #672753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol what is the difference you are referring to ECee?

Reply #672754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""LJ was at times just as moody and defensive on social media back in the day (not to mention the cursing and physical play on court) but didn't receive near the same level of vitriolic hate. I wonder what the difference is hmmmmmmmm."""

ermm,no she wasnt, tough yes, complained about ref calls yes....but never like the brat Cambage is,but she also seemed to support big lizzies tantrums too,so she didnt help the situation.

Cambage has always been an áll about me' person,who has liked to play the 'victim'card since she was a kid,helped along by her mother and that wont ever change

Very Old did a perfect analogy of her response.

Reply #672757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The word you're looking for is analysis. As in, Very Old did a terrible analysis of her response.

Reply #672761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ actually no
analogy

noun
a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
"an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
a correspondence or partial similarity.
"the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
a thing which is comparable to something else in significant respects.
"works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"

not
analysis
əˈnalɪsɪs/Submit
noun
noun: analysis; plural noun: analyses
detailed examination of the elements or structure of something.
"statistical analysis"
synonyms: examination, investigation, inspection, survey, scanning, study, scrutiny, perusal; More
the process of separating something into its constituent elements.
"the procedure is often more accurately described as one of synthesis rather than analysis"
synonyms: dissection, assay, testing; More
antonyms: synthesis
the identification and measurement of the chemical constituents of a substance or specimen.
"samples are sent to the laboratory for analysis"
MATHEMATICS
the part of mathematics concerned with the theory of functions and the use of limits, continuity, and the operations of calculus.

Reply #672807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So based on those definitions, how is what Very Old wrote an analogy?

Reply #672810 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

analogy - americans booed serena williams and cheered loudly for a swiss girl , some aussies wanna hate on liz cambage..

Reply #672832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also not an analogy.

Reply #672835 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Dallas Wings presser Feb 26; https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2018/02/26/time-right-liz-cambage-return-dallas-wings-wnba

Reply #674921 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754