Anonymous
Years ago

2017 top four vs. 2018 top four

Sixers who choked, too young and mouthed off plus Randle who went full hog retard at the end of the SF series... shame really
Taipans who were a gumby playoff side, aided by donated wins by team above, blocking Utd out of the four who would've been better for the playoffs
Wildcats, were okay but benefitted from the other three clown sides. Reintro of the five game GF series went to waste with an epic one sided result.
Hawks who were another gumby playoff side, but Randle and a young Sixers outfit choked and weren't helped by weird momentum due to gifting wins to sides like Cairns at the end of the regular season

Now 2018

United who look legit
Sixers legit with more experience so no choke like in 17
Breakers look okay but way better than most of the '17 sides above
Wildcats could be a wildcard but probably too old now plus one really bad import which hurts them

Fans loved how close it was last regular season but that was due to mediocrity more than anything as highlighted by being followed up by an awful playoff performance from 3/4 clubs.

This season we have more of a gap between the haves and have nots, with spending paying off with performances and the playoffs are going to be distinctly better for it.

Prefer a finals that deliver more than the parity of last regular season so looking forward to March NBL Madness!

Thoughts?

Topic #42681 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Instead of a so-called even spread that ends in a boring sweep GF I would much rather see a top notch GF series between 2 great teams and that is what MEL vs ADL could provide.

Reply #671579 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

It would be good to see an Adl v Mel GF series. Perhaps the most watchable in many years. For mine the sixers look primed to win it all finally

Reply #671582 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I still have my doubts about the Sixers, I think the pressure gets to them again and we see a Perth v Melbourne or Perth v NZ final series

Reply #671589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will know more about Melbourne this weekend, win both and will be well placed lose both and back to Perth v NZ. Adelaide still let fo much emotion get in way, you need to control your emotions.

Reply #671593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754