Frustrated parent
Years ago

Inept coach Womens U/18's

I am disgusted with the ineptitude of my daughters coach. This clown has no idea about tactics or rotations and embarasses himself every game.

Sometimes he will yell out "Let's zone!" or "I want some ball reversals". He has no idea

One time his entire ATO play was one player handing off the ball to another player. That was it. This is not good enough. Run something you idiot!

He constantly yelled ICE! ICE! one game thought he was Tom Thibodeau. He later said he thought Ice meant to chill and just hold the ball for a second.

Topic #42693 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Club???

Reply #672079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing ya.
These volunteers who give up their time so they can be judged by parents who obviously have far superior basketball intellect but just don’t have the time to volunteer and coach their kids basketball team.
You should do something about it!

Reply #672101 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

I did enjoy his explanation of Ice

Reply #672121 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Outside of your humerous "ice" call, your other examples of switching to zone doesn't sound bad if he wanted to change the flow, and if running a motion style offense, yelling "ball reversal" is a good call to.

I'm not saying he's a good or bad coach but your examples don't stand out as being bad... a stereotypical bad junior coach yells things like "No more missed shots!", or on defense yells nothing but "Get up get up!" With no set rules in place.

Reply #672128 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

He could get the Sydney job.

Reply #672136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds more qualified than Gaze tbh

Reply #672142 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

An inept coach for an inept parent?

Reply #672143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go elsewhere

Reply #672148 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

Timing of your vent is interesting with no games last night. So you've had this building up for months then?

Shift clubs. Nows the time to do it with winter around the corner......or volunteer yourself.

I know most of the guys coaching in the u18s but can't work out who you are talking about.

Reply #672150 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

Gave me a laugh that he was yelling Ice on offense though.

Reply #672151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the hell does ICE stand for?

Ice, Elevation and compression?

Reply #672154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ice ice baby

Reply #672157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4svk4vm1I

Reply #672160 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

What were you hoping to achieve by posting on here?

Reply #672188 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If OP hasn't named a club then follow that lead and make suggestions rather than try to guess. This person could be in any state - surely it’s irrelevant.

OP, could you volunteer alongside them and help set them right?

Reply #672189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry you post this crap on here for what purpose. Talk to the club about your concerns. Unless you do that no one really cates. Perhaps coach a side, see how you go.

Reply #672339 | Report this post

milkman  
Years ago

Gutless parent, instead of offering to help the coach out, slag them off anonymously on a online forum.

They are giving up their time to help your kid as best as they know how. Sorry its not up to your high standard.

Reply #672353 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Firstly, which Division are you referring to? If it is a division 1 side, and your child has some sort of high performance potential sure that might be frustrating to watch but really, what is the big deal? i gather you aren't winning and that is clearly annoying you.

If this is SA and she is in division 2 just relax man, she is 16/17 years old and she is highly likely out there to enjoy herself.

Reply #672402 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

here's the reason we struggle to source Coaches

volunteers not living up to parents lofty standards

if you're that much better offer your services

Reply #672416 | Report this post

thatguyontheend  
Years ago

I have to agree with the majority on here - posting to this forum is grab for sympathy, when the reality this person is most likely a parent/coach over a career coach and is either new or learning game much like your U/18 girl

Why don't you coach?
Why don't you offer to help?
Why don't you talk to the DOC?

Reply #672551 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:09 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754