Jack Toft
Years ago

Breakers v United, Feb 11

United got the monkey off their back earlier in the round. Now they have to back it up across the Tasman with another win - can they make it 2 from 2? Or will the Heartbreakers even the score?

Different ballgame in Auckland, where a flowing game is more important than calling ticks tacky fouls.

Sosa has been the hero for the Breakers, but can't do it on his own.
United went hard last game with the starting 5 playing 30 minute games. Will this be the telling factor in this game? Have United burnt themselves out?

My kiss of death goes to the Heartbreakers

Topic #42697 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Anyone would think Mika and Tai didn't like each other much or something.

Reply #672206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Kyle Adnam is a fan favourite yay wow!!! But he is one of the worst defenders i've ever seen. If your getting guarded by him its a guaranteed bucket!

Reply #672212 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Great insight from both coaches on that quarter-time break

Reply #672213 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

7/20 from the line for NZ, down by 4. Yuck.

Reply #672217 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Are Breakers getting all the calls?

Reply #672218 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

WE are playing well. Melbourne seem to have the answers. Tom Abercrombie has lost all confidence and unless he can break out of slump it could be a repeat of Friday. It has affected his defence too. Pretty much a spectator.
Sosa has got his head together thankfully.
Newbill shooting lights out.
Got to get some help!

Reply #672219 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Abercrombie is 1/8 from the foul line

Reply #672220 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

As a Sixers fan I hate to say it but go United!

Reply #672221 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

LV will be beside himself if United get their first ever win in NZ.

Reply #672222 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Lead out to 20.

Reply #672223 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Melbourne showing why they are championship favorites

Reply #672224 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

What an awful half of basketball for NZ...

Reply #672225 | Report this post

Tribe  
Years ago

Bugga. Didn't r realise this game was so early.

Reply #672232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom Abercrombie has had a massive decline in his game this season. Had some shocking performances in the crunch, particularly being one of the higher paid players with international experience. Kirk Penny, having calf problems as well, you'd think these two guys would be of concern to Breakers back office for the future. This should be Kirk Penny’s last season.

Reply #672233 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I used to enjoy winding up Breakers fan with Creek >>> Abercrombie, now, you know, it's not sporting to kick a man on the ground...

Reply #672248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am a breakers fan who felt there was Home cooking in Friday nights game

No excuses from refs on this one. Actually thought breakers did well with refs. Just got beat real bad by a better team.

Reply #672299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I used to enjoy winding up Breakers fan with Creek >>> Abercrombie, now, you know, it's not sporting to kick a man on the ground..."

Why do Sixers fans try to hijack every single thread here? Is it because outside of the opinions of a select few in here they are not relevant in any sense of the word? Sad.

Reply #672322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because this is an Adelaide forum.

Reply #672347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it isn't.

Reply #672349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It used to be called Hoops SA before the SA got cut off.

Reply #672355 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

So it used to be an SA forum. Not now though.

Reply #672429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Adelaide folk are so dumb that they cannot comprehend the differences between "forum" and "thread"?

Reply #672431 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

He said "every" single thread.

Reply #672436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad your comprehension is improving /s

Did he mention the forum, or the fact that Sixer fans hijack every single thread, regardless of the purpose of said thread? Think carefully before responding.

Reply #672438 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

"Every single thread here".

Where's "here"?

Reply #672449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Where's "here"?'

hoops.com.au

Translation: Basketball.website.Australia

I cannot see Sixers in the URL. I cannot see Sixers in the thread title. But I do see people somehow converting every discussion in every basketball thread into the topic of the non-relevant Sixers.

Sydney vs Brisbane? "I remember back in 1989 when Adelaide played Brisbane". Yawn.

Reply #672451 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

So "here" = this forum

Reply #672453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Udog, it sounds like you're taking exception at someone criticising a post but then applying it to an entire fan base.

Reply #672454 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You're right, I hate how this thread has been dragged off-topic by Adelaide fans so that instead of discussing the game we're talking about the 36ers.

No, wait...

Reply #672455 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Why do Sixers fans try to hijack every single thread here? Is it because outside of the opinions of a select few in here they are not relevant in any sense of the word? Sad.

This was obviously never meant to be answered I guess.

Reply #672456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was made clear but Udog seems to be a slow learner.

This site started as "Hoops SA" therefore the majority on here are Sixers fans. It has become more balanced with Wildcats fans since other sites went into demise but it is still majority Sixer a group of Cats fans and the rest still represent a minority.

So the majority fanbases will always make it about their side.

Reply #672535 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It also wasn't a hijack, it was within the realm of the discussion that was going on at the time.

The dozens of posts after that, on the other hand, haven't been on topic at all.

Reply #672539 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I understand where it started (and what it is now). I was just pointing out that someone was calling people idiots when another person answered a question nicely. And the answer seemed quite relevant to the question to me.

"So the majority fanbases will always make it about their side."- this is also what I think so I don't see that I'm a slow learner either.

Reply #672545 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

So it used to be an SA forum. Not now though

If this was a question intead of a statement (the lack of question mark is a bit of a give away) I could understand the angry person above thinking I don't get it.

Reply #672546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754