Anonymous
Years ago

Dear Casey Prather

If you over your injury and fit to play but Utd say no contact the NBLPA.

An injury reserve does not continue to play if you are ready to go.

Topic #42699 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sincerely yours,
Non-United fan who knows that disrupting United's chemistry is a long shot but it's the only hope of them not winning the title this season

Reply #672269 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Prather "far from 100 per cent yet" -Vickerman at press conference after NZ game today

Reply #672275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does the first post even mean?

Reply #672316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More Sixer nuffies

Reply #672325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United doctor hasn't cleared him and won’t be clearing him!

Reply #672342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't be? NBLPA time!

Reply #672352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't block a healthy player from returning regardless of what the club wants.

Once healthy the injury replacement player has to leave. He can only stay on the roster to replace another player.

They are circumventing the rules to keep the injury replacement player.

If Prather is healthy and wants to return and the club stall him he can go to the NBL or the independent NBLPA to be reinstated.

Reply #672356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can only stay on the roster to replace another injured (and in this case import) player.

Reply #672357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Felix, that is.

Reply #672358 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Prathers agent would be well aware, if he doesn't play in the finals he isn’t worth as much money this off season and any resigning. That = the agent and Prather with less money.

Reply #672361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good point. The plot will thicken real soon.

Reply #672362 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Is it actually becoming an issue or is he still genuinely injured? Looked pretty horrible when he did it. I'm sure his agent would be taking it further if it was a dodgy situation.

Reply #672363 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

What FM said

Reply #672365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, agent would be looking into it too. Let's wait and see.

A week or two ago Prather was interviewed and said he was ready to go. No way they can hold out all of February and March.

Reply #672366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, FM is wrong. His agent can say to prospective teams that his client was an MVP candidate before his season was cut short due to a horrific elbow injury, and he is now healthy. How does that translate to less money if he does not come back this season? What about ACL injuries? Other season ending injuries? Not a very well thought out argument at all.

Reply #672367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're missing the point.

Prather if ready can't be kept as "injured" as that is breaking the rules.

Reply #672370 | Report this post

Tribe  
Years ago

I think it's pretty clear that Felix will be making way for Prather.

Considering United have top spot locked up, may as well bring him back for the last 2 games of the regular season. Ease him in with limited minutes. If he gets through those games, great. If he gets injured again.....hello Felix.

I definitely don't want to see Moller starting or getting over 20 minutes during playoffs. He's good, but not that good.

Reply #672373 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

So it's all just a bit of speculation at this point.

Reply #672374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a player saying he's healthy or ready dosent mean anything haha

Reply #672375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at the end of the day we want Utd playing by the rules. That's all. Please no funny business.

Reply #672378 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

In an interview Prather said he might be ready for the Illawarra game

Reply #672379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if Prather was passed fit by the doctor, Melbourne would be quite with in there right to keep Felix playing till Prather was match fit after months training, season over.

Reply #672381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No they wouldn't. That's not what an injury replacement is.

Reply #672382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#381 No.

Reply #672388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well if the answer is no, all the doctor would have to do is say he was not fit enough, the ball is firmly in Melbournes court.

Reply #672391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You think United's doctor will pass him fit without talking to the team/coach/owner??

U seem to think that discussion won’t be part of the decision!

Fit or not won’t be desided by the injury but the team and felix’s Play

Reply #672398 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Wouldn't be the first time a team had pulled a "he's not fit" scam and won't be the last... The only difference is that there will be a little asterisk on the championship if they win it all and if they don't, other fans will be "they couldn't even win it by pulling a shifty with Prather" so it's damned if they do, damned if they don't...

As for Prather's value after this season, I'm sure things could get reasoned away by his agent wen talking with teams...

Reply #672399 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Prather leaves Perth and says he still loves the club and the town and the fans, if he somehow gets screwed out of winning a 3rd championship in 3 years, could he be so polite about Melbourne and their club?

Prather if anything is well rested and if he gets to play I think him with batteries fully recharged is scarier and more prominent a factor than his form and how rusty he may be.

Reply #672401 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Prather isn't to worried about it he is getting very well compensated together with a very nice bonus for making finals and if they win it regardless of if he plays or not.

Casey also has another year on his deal which pending some negotiation will allow him to leave and get another nice parting cheque so don't stress about poor Casey!

Perth fans shouldn't be salty as you low balled him on the offer and committed alot of money to Cotton/Martin.

Reply #672406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That last paragraph is complete bullshit Reality. Did you invent it yourself or repeat some other numbnut?

Reply #672410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not just talk NBL commentators have said the same thing. Perth asked Prather to take a pay cut this season so he signed with Melbourne and he's on less there than he was at Perth.

Presumably he was asked to take a pay cut so they could afford Cotton for a full season.

Reply #672413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Cats had to let Prather go because he was focused on an NBA gig. They didn't think they could afford to wait so they moved on Walker. When Prather didn't get an NBA gig, he turned his attention to Europe, and that is when Melbourne stepped in with an offer too good to pass up.

There is no "Cotton money" and there was no angst between Prather and the club being Cotton's team. Its complete crap but hey, if it paints Perth in a bad light then you clowns will pounce on it.

Reply #672415 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

The Cat's have committed alot of money to Cotton which is fair enough but when Casey was back on the table they didn't stumb up the cash to get him.

Its not like when the committed to Walker they didn't have the resourses to still get Casey its that they didn't want to as Walker isn't in the top 6 paid players at the club.

Reply #672424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"but when Casey was back on the table they didn't stumb up the cash to get him."

Then they'd have three import guard/small forwards, when they needed a big. Thats probably why.

Where are you getting all this info from? Perhaps consider changing your name from Reality to Make Believe.

Reply #672427 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

JP is a similary player and less than 1/3 of the cost so i guess thats a consideration but the league has been going in a smaller direction surely JP/Prather would be a dynamic combo...old mate Derek Cook ain;t exactly been great

Reply #672434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"JP is a similary player and less than 1/3 of the cost "

Less than a third of the cost of whom?

Reply #672435 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

MELBOURNE United import Casey Prather is ready to return.

But first he must convince coach Dean Vickerman and, most importantly, medical staff with another week on the practice court.

United must release in-form replacement Carrick Felix when Prather is medically cleared, under NBL rules limiting the number of imports (three) on active rosters.

Vickerman is adamant Prather must be as close as possible to fully fit to earn a recall.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/melbourne-united-import-casey-prather-says-he-wants-to-play-before-the-nbl-playoffs/news-story/72822e5a0b8f05f6f5f1f74e35d8455b

Reply #672516 | Report this post

none  
Years ago

The Doc has been there with the Tigers and United for a long time and he will call it as he sees fit to do.
He isnt working under Seamus, so a lot more freedom.

Reply #672518 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If Melbourne are going to bring him back, now's the time to do it. A couple of meaningless games to get his legs back and get in sync with the rest of the team, and then semis.

Reply #672521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon the rest of the team will get semis of he returns this week.

Reply #672523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Prather will be back for finals. Good. International break coming in handy!

Reply #672534 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Perth did not low-ball Prather.
After two outstanding seasons he was never expected to return. He did try chasing the NBA dream (which was probably always a long-shot) and was then focussed on securing a Euro deal. Not only was that expected to be a solid career move but the expected money was a lot more than Perth could offer. Then MU stepped in with one of their trademark stupendous offers, essentially matching what he was chasing in Europe.
Careerwise, its not the big step-up he was ready for, but it also doesn't have the risk.

Reply #672543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather may be back.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/prather-fitness-test-could-see-red-hot-felix-pushed-out-of-united-side-20180213-p4z06h.html
Personally I would have thought that one hard training session isn't anywhere match fit. That takes time and Prather hasn't done enough IMO to be tipping out an red hot Felix.

Reply #672641 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It was an elbow injury, so it's not like he has been unable to do any cardio & strength work.
If they're planning on him playing in the GF, then the sooner they get him back on the court the better, surely. (once the doc is sure he has sufficiently healed, obviously, which is presumably the case now if he's cleared for full training)
He's a significant player to be putting back into the main rotation. If I'm the coach I want to see how that goes in advance of the playoffs.

Reply #672642 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

How Felix plays is irrelevant.

Is Casey no longer injured is the question.

Reply #672643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly!

Reply #672650 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

I am sure I read that right now Prather still can't straighten his elbow. Maybe someone can find that article please?

Reply #672654 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The most talked-about elbow in the country

Reply #672656 | Report this post

Rocky Maivia  
Years ago

The People's Elbow!

Reply #672657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I am sure I read that right now Prather still can't straighten his elbow. Maybe someone can find that article please?"
ROFL
yeah, that would be the article where Prather says he's reay to play.

Prather won't be back.
LK didn't buy the league so he could let a little thing like the rules get in the way of buying a championship.

Much as I think Joey Wright is a grade A dickhead, Adelaide have done a great job assembling a star line-up on a limited budget. They deserve a decent and fair crack at the championship.

What the Salary Tax fiasco has proven is that the vast majority of fans don't know the rules, don't understand them, and wouldn't care even if they did.
Melbourne is the biggest audience for Basketball in this country, and they want a championship.

It's not just Basketball, its a truism in most sports. When all is said and done, the controversies blow away, and all you remember is who won.

Reply #672713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide paying drmic 140k isn't using the budget very well.

Reply #672732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When did Casey Prather play for Adelaide? Yet here they are, the ole' Sixers at the forefront of yet another thread.

Reply #672734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prathers elbow is so bad he can't even write back to OP's open letter.

Reply #672737 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

From the Herald Sun.
""I can't fully straighten it (elbow) right now. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get that fully straightened, they say I will, but right now it’s real stiff."
Game over. Next time don't tell the truth!

Reply #672738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Herald Sun are lying. Casey is lying. Everyone is lying. Signed, Sixer supporters.

Reply #672741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Prather doesnt play, how will that affect the Sixers?

Reply #672742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Armageddon. That's how.

Reply #672744 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

With Casey Prather - 8 wins 6 losses No third import - 2 wins 0 losses With Carrick Felix - 9 wins 1 loss Grand Total 19 wins 7 losses.

Just found this on twitter.

Reply #672871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long since Anderson has played?

Reply #672872 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754