Isaac
Last week

A Joe Ingles appreciation thread

Joe Ingles has just hit an NBA career scoring high for the second successive game. he had 23/5/5 against Charlotte and then 24/5/4 against Portland.

In six games during February, Ingles is averaging 16.3 PPG and the Jazz are on a 9-0 streak to bring them to .500.

Their streak has included wins over Toronto, Golden State, San Antonio plus Portland and New Orleans (the latter two of which are competing with them for final spots in the West).

Slowly but surely, Ingles has turned into a seriously reliable player for a solid NBA team.

Each ESPN boxscore, they include some mentions/highlights in the sidebar and Ingles just isn't flashy enough to get much mileage there, so I figured an appreciation thread was the least we could add.

Report this topic

XY
Last week
13:03 13 Feb 18

Reply #672578

re: A Joe Ingles appreciation thread

Now has 10 points in first quarter of today's game. Here comes a new career high!

Report this post

BobnCat
Last week
13:38 13 Feb 18

Reply #672584

I'm with you Isaac. The guy is an all rounder and severely under appreciated. I am glad he is taking more shots though. It at times was frustrating watching him pass on open looks.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last week
14:23 13 Feb 18

Reply #672596

Thank god Utah knew how to spell his name :)

Report this post

Isaac
Last week
14:45 13 Feb 18

Reply #672604

He has 20/7/3 with 4:19 to play. Scores level with the visiting Spurs.

4/6 3P. 7/13 FG.

Report this post

Chewie
Last week
22:10 13 Feb 18

Reply #672651

Not so long ago on threads here where he was getting flogged and "not good enough" to go from Europe to the NBA. The difference a little time, opportunity and confidence can make to a player. Love watching him play.

Report this post

PlaymakerMo
Last week
23:40 13 Feb 18

Reply #672658

Good on him!

Report this post

Bear
Last week
09:58 14 Feb 18

Reply #672671

Never thought Joe Ingles was overrated since he was running around for the South Dragons as a 19 year old showing what he was capable of even then!

We talk about Australian basketball legends and guys who have done so much, like Gaze, Bogut, Jackson, Cambage and alike, however I would put Joe Ingles career up there among the very top any day of the week...

Report this post

Reality
Last week
10:26 14 Feb 18

Reply #672677

Ingles clearly a top 5 all time aussie player.

NBL - ROY
NBL - Champ
ACB - Champ
Spanish Cup & Super Cup - Champ
Euroleage - Champ
Israel League - Champ
Olympics
NBA - good starter level player just signed a 4 x 52mil contract!

Might even have 1 more contract at the end of it in him to based o his level of play.

If the Jazz have some nice playoff runs he could be considered in the discussion for our best player ever once its all said and done.

Report this post

MattyG
Last week
11:26 14 Feb 18

Reply #672681

looking forward to him lining up alongside our other young stars in future boomers campaigns.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last week
14:58 14 Feb 18

Reply #672698

A few years ago I put him as our most valuable Boomers player at the time. He always seemed to step up while he represented Australia. While he seemed to regress from that status, in my opinion, in the last Olympics, perhaps largely due to his poor shooting form in that tournament, it appears that he has continued to improve his game generally and really found a very effective way to contribute in the NBA. Now a genuine 3pt marksman. Definitely still underrated and deserving of the respect as one of our all-time best.

Character-wise, I think it is really easy now to like Ingles. I recall his reputation on these boards a while ago was that he was cocky and so on, but his many examples of generous and caring behaviour while at Utah should well and truly overshadow that.

Report this post

Luuuc
Last week
15:30 14 Feb 18

Reply #672702

I didn't doubt his all-round value as a player, but I never would have predicted that he'd turn into a perimeter marksman like he has.

Report this post

Bobby Tables
Last week
15:33 14 Feb 18

Reply #672703

Currently leading the NBA in 3pt percentage, and 11th in overall 3pt made (so not just a quirk of a small sample size).

Report this post

Anonymous
Last week
18:05 14 Feb 18

Reply #672708

I met him at the airport in Adelaide once. Really nice guy. Had a good chat with him.

Report this post

orbit
Last week
18:12 14 Feb 18

Reply #672710

Watching him closely - enjoying his season.

Report this post

Andy J
Last week
20:11 14 Feb 18

Reply #672731

I love watching all of the Aussies in the NBA, Jinglin' Joe is my favourite to watch right now. I feel that with Hayward & Hood gone, he has an opportunity to see himself as a leader and lead scoring option.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last week
14:42 15 Feb 18

Reply #672816

Ingles getting a good mention in BBALLBREAKDOWN's excellent YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4IOlQ7MqjE

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Ariel 12

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 am, Wed 21 Feb 2018 | Posts: 699,022 | Last 7 days: 1,142