Zodiac
Years ago

NBL clothing in latest Kmart catalogue

I was flicking through the latest Kmart catalogue flipped the page and thought that male model looks a bit like Daniel Dillon and then saw the NBL logos on his socks and wristband and sure enough there in print was his name along with Felix Von Hofe who I think is a DP for Melbourne United.

They've got a couple of kids with them as well, who knew the NBL were back in the clothing/apparel game?

The stuff they're selling with NBL logos on them include kids muscle tank tops $8, kids mesh shorts $8, Men's sleeveless hoodies $15, wristbands $4 pr, men's woven shorts $12, men's print tee $10, men's trackpants $20, kids print tee $8, kids trackpants $15, Wilson NBL rubber size 7 basketball $19, Wilson NBL composite size 7 basketball $29.

NBL New Range, In Store Now!

Well done LK!

Topic #42711 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

who knew the NBL were back in the clothing/apparel game?
There was a big announcement earlier in the week about the NBL launching its own apparel line, which will provide all NBL jerseys, 3x3 hustle gear, etc.

Reply #672749 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I saw some small drawstring gear bags bags on a KMart last weekend. Abou5 the size of a swimming gear bag.

My first thought was that the store was trying a hustle to sell leftover shoe bags from the old Andrew Gaze range.

Reply #672752 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

http://www.kmart.com.au/category/sports/features/nbl/464512

Reply #672759 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Wonder why they used Dan Dillon? He isn't an active NBL player?

Thought they would use high profile NBL/Boomers as would make sense from a branding point of view

Reply #672762 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"There was a big announcement earlier in the week about the NBL launching its own apparel line, which will provide all NBL jerseys, 3x3 hustle gear, etc."

The K Mart apparel isn't the same stuff. I actually bought a few of their T Shirts for gym. Not bad fits and look for 10 bucks each.

Reply #672763 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

Kmart would've bought the license to produce the NBL branded stuff. Then they would've organised their own brand rep and model. Probably didn't matter to them that DIllon doesn't play NBL, as long as he is a basketball player.

Reply #672765 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Can't fault the pricing

Reply #672772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will never forget buying Gaze shoes from K-Mart. They literally fell apart (split in half) on me while playing streetball against Sudanese kids.

Reply #672775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bought an NBL training jersey for $10

Reply #672778 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I like the pricing. Unlike the $80+ jerseys on sale at games, it might help get the brand out there on kids, etc.

Reply #672779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kmart NBL range here...

http://www.kmart.com.au/category/sports/features/nbl/464512

Reply #672781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A few players (U18 top age) were sporting NBL shorts and singlets at practice. Looked good. Was shocked just now when I saw they were only $8

Reply #672785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red Dot is selling Jason Cadee shirts.

na just kidding, even they have standards.

Reply #672788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My kids have come home from school with free KMart tshirts, I didn't see this coming but it makes sense. Well done LK.

Reply #672796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did LK let them out of school early as well?

Reply #672799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Training jerseys are nice, cant go wrong at $10

Reply #672808 | Report this post

Europa 95  
Years ago

Hope that LK's venture into the clothing market is better that what he has produced with the NBL. Maybe the quality of the clothing he is producing is of a better quality that the refereeing of the NBL has been this year.

Reply #672811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats like saying the entire clothing range is poor because you don't like the shoelaces.

Thats an analogy by the way, Very Old.

Reply #672812 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One thing that helps is that the branding is largely muted. Not sure if they still do it or even if they still exist, but remember the And 1 gear from a decade ago with those illustrated characters? Pretty horrible.

Really glad to see them take this accessible road with base merch.

Reply #672814 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

This isn't meant to be the top-of-the-line merch. It is meant to be cheap bargain clothing that will get the logo out there to as many people as possible and i think it will do okay. I'll be rocking the shirts happily at the gym. They seriously don't look too bad.

Reply #672817 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Shoelaces can be changed if you don't like them

Unlike Henny Penny, who flapped about screaming, "The sky is falling." Or like an anonypenny flapping, “That’s not an analogy. That’s an analysis.”

Also:
“thats” not a word;
“that’s” a word.

The funny looking thing before the “s”: it’s an apostrophe of contraction. Used as a matter of convention to indicate that a letter (or sometimes letters) have been removed to contract a word (and in this case it also signifies a second word being added to create a new word).

Further:
when copying definitions from a dictionary, it doesn’t help much to include examples of word use that are too narrow. Dysgraphia and dyslexia belong to a particular “vocalect” shared between people in vocations such as speech pathology, occupational therapy and psychology etc. The other use cited reads to me like an analogy to explain systems theory via analogy to biology, even though systems theory draws directly from biology for its theoretical basis.

See, an analysis of the (unacknowledged) dictionary sources renders the explanation less clear than ever before.

Or... we could all just accept that we all have our own views, and if you think you can express yourself better than others on the forum... good for you but there’s no need to offer critical analysis of someone else’s writing skills.

Reply #672833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible soliloquy.

Reply #672836 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Oh Gees,
So they come in Blue/Grey, and Black/Red.Wonder which markets they're targetting??

Unfortunately your typical Australian consumer only sees as far as their own wallet. "It's cheap for me, it must be good."

Speciality sports stores I have found (in my geo-limited experience) generally try that bit harder, stock the speciality gear you need, and can be counted on to sponsor Junior sports, etc, etc.
And they are finding the going tougher and tougher. The rents small retailers are charged to subsidise the presence of the big draw-card chains is criminal.

So sure, buy more and more stuff from KMart cos its cheap, but good luck finding those size 15 BBL shoes when you need them.

Reply #672838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"if you think you can express yourself better than others on the forum... good for you but there's no need to offer critical analysis of someone else’s writing skills."

Yes I agree...

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/42240-liz-cambage-suspended-for-one-game/#p667071

Reply #672839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great product for price!

Reply #672914 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

So sure, buy more and more stuff from KMart cos its cheap, but good luck finding those size 15 BBL shoes when you need them.

Come on. KMart are not exactly trying to position themselves to wipe out the sporting apparel market here! Not everyone can afford to, or wants to, buy overpriced designer crap from specialty stores. There is plenty of space at both ends of the market and I'm glad to see the NBL being represented on clothing racks in front of a heap of shoppers. I think it's a great move.

Reply #672917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

picked up a couple of the nbl tshirts from kmart today they're pretty comfy for $10. the muscle shirts are really thin and feel nasty so forget those but the reversible singlets are great for $8 I reckon.

Reply #681421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LK's brother?
Now pushing into seabl. Badly.

Reply #681425 | Report this post

Harington  
Years ago

Ustradeent.com provide free shipping from order above $149.99 I usually buy many T-shirts in a bulk quantity for getting free shipping

Reply #753020 | Report this post

Harington  
Years ago

I wish to order more undergarments at apparelshopusa.com

Reply #753481 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754