Alex
Years ago

Let's talk about Thon Maker

Thon is well into his second season as a professional player. Despite his flaws - and there are many - he is still getting ample rotational minutes on a team with playoff ambitions.

Unfortunately he is doing very little with those minutes. He generally looks lost out there and makes poor decisions. The Bucks fanbase are already labelling him a bust.

To me if he really is his listed age, which is far from clear, then I think he can still develop into a serviceable NBA player. If not, then based on his current trajectory, he probably won't be in the league after his rookie contract.

I'm sure he could find a home in the NBL when its all said and done. But after all the hype, that would be a disappointing outcome. I'd still love to see him in a Boomer jersey some day.

Topic #42726 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Fans" in the majority have premature expectation issues. His bust status is TBA and should be for a few seasons yet. Some require baby steps and reasonably he should always have been seen that way. Are the Bucks the best organization to train up a raw talent like him? This is perhaps a more pertinent question right now.

Reply #673217 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754