Curtley
Years ago

Should NBL teams abandon home and away jerseys?

In line with the Big Bash should the eight teams all have an individually unique look so that teams can be more easily identified if you're not a massive NBL fan?

With only eight teams it wouldn't be hard to come up with eight distinct colours/colour combinations. I think it's smart what the Big Bash has done to make each team's look stand out.

Possible Suggestions for primary and secondary colours:

Perth - Red/Black
Sydney - Purple/Gold
Adelaide - Yellow/Red
Cairns - Beige/Navy Blue
Wollongong - Green/Red
NZ - Sky Blue/Black
Melbourne - Black/White
Brisbane - Maroon/Gold or Navy Blue/Gold

Topic #42755 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Wollongong do green?

Get the Wildcats back in black and gold (state colours). Sorted!

Reply #673866 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Orange for Cairns.

Reply #673873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stick to ya big bash pal , you have no idea

Reply #673907 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I prefer the primary and then secondary uniforms. Home team has right to choose which they use. If Wildcats have a red primary, and are playing the Bullets in Blue, the cats should get to wear their main jersey. Automatic white jersies, for home or away, are awful

Reply #673908 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Beige? Green? Wtf? I agree with anon... stick to the Big Bash, mate... no clue...

I think doing away with the white option would be best, two colours to avoid clashes, should be easy enough...

Reply #673942 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Big Bash has at least one clash that I can remmeber ... but its of no consequence as there is distinction between batting and fielding.

Also ....., given the low ceiling for max. attendance ... there is a genuine extra revunue stream for sales of alternate jerseys. Some people prefer the alternate jerseys.

Reply #673958 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think it's an unreasonable discussion to provoke. Default white away uniforms are pretty bland if overused.

Reply #673966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns absolutely have to be orange and navy blue.

Brisbane's maroon and gold jerseys this year looked terrible.

Wollongong can be white and red.

Reply #673971 | Report this post

NJS  
Years ago

Adelaide - Blue - Yellow
Brisbane - Blue - Maroon
Cairns - Orange - Navy blue
Illawarra - Red - Black
Melbourne - Dark Blue - Silver
New Zealand - Black - Light Blue
Perth - Red - Black (or the old Gold)
Sydney - Purple - Yellow

Home team chooses first, away team chooses their colour accordingly.

Sorted

Reply #673981 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

If they do have a default white uniform it should be for the home team so each game doesn't look that same.

Reply #673983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They used to do that until the early 90s. Back in the height of league popularity - when everything was done right. Now everything is all over the place.

Reply #674013 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yes, I'm sure the league was more popular because of light-colored home jerseys.

Reply #674028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, it was popular due to the people in charge, who administered even the little things. Which was my point.

Reply #674080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The ones who took a hugely popular sport and nearly killed it? Those people in charge?

Reply #674082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It went off the boil when they started employing non-basketball people like Rymarz and a succession of incompetent people to head the league. You're just lumping the late 80s and 90s as one.

Reply #674085 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I don't watch big bash but I think I understand the OP in terms of instead of primary colour front and back and secondary colour around sides, the Big Bash jerseys are more blended and look affective.

I loved the Wildcats camo look and I think Townsville had a decent one too a few years back (and an awful looking one).

I like the heritage Illawarra jersey where the red is broken up by the right. Also loved the Tigers jersey of say 1993 where it uses two colours prominently and I can't understand why we don't have more of it.

I like the 36ers new colour palette but it can be taken another level by making the gold used a bit more.

Hoping that next season gives us asthetically pleasing new jerseys

Reply #674088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whatever the colours, yes all teams need to be easily distinguishable and with only 8 at the moment that cant be hard.

Reply #674089 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I really don't see the need for white Jerseys in most cases, especially with so many teams having a strong secondary colour.

Reply #674272 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754