Anonymous
Years ago

Ex-Sydney King Thornton signs with NBA's Cavs

Announced by Woj today on Twitter.

Nice to see. A talented guy who was caught in a bad situation when he was in the NBL.

Topic #42763 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

10 day contract, I'm amazed at this, was not very good at the Kings.

Reply #674122 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He was a rookie. Showed a few brief glimpses, but he was basically a ball-dominating combo-guard with an inconsistent jumper who lacked the strength to finish around the basket. I could see him working better in the more open NBA game though, and maybe he's bulked up a bit in the time since.

Reply #674127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good for him.

It's weird how guys make the NBA.

Then there is guys like Prather who you think should be there but can’t get a gig.

It’s all about timing and fit as opposed to overall game I guess.

Reply #674130 | Report this post

Bruzzy  
Years ago

I wouldn't read to much into it. He's plays for there G League team and the cavs needed to meet the nbas requirements of 14 players. Once his contract is up he will be back to the g league I'd guess. Still he will make around 42k for his 10 days

Reply #674137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They needed to get a guy on the roster to suit NBA guidelines. With him he already plays for the Canton Charge so they can easily put him back in the G League team once they get a buyout guy to fill the roster. Here's to hoping they can get Bogut for a second stint.

Reply #674138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the NBL announced this on social media using the video showing beer being spilled on his head by an 83 year old man that had some cognitive impairment.

*slow clap*

Reply #674142 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

he is bad but his hair is fly

Reply #674144 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Overseas and NBA systems are different. People don't realise that a few of your favourite NBA players would struggle in a overseas system. NBA has a lot more space, 1 on 1 based and role player dominant. Thornton will only be used for his quickness, finding shooters and defense. I agree he wasn't that great here but if we had the 3 second rule in FIBA he would get to the basket for layups easily! All that being said, good luck to him.

Reply #674154 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:17 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754