LC
Years ago

Isaac Humphries signs with FMP Belgrade

NBL Rookie of the Year Isaac Humphries has signed with FMP Belgrade - the same club that helped launch Jonah Bolden's career.

Mitch McCarron heads to Slovenia, Isaac Humphries signs in Serbia

Topic #42794 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They'll be happy with his defence, he was dunked on a lot in the top 10 dunks.

Reply #674778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon Bryon Mullens would be a great centre for the Kings ?

189 Nba games
OKC 26
Charlotte 118
LA clippers 27
Philly 18

7 footer
122kg

now playing in the g league

Reply #674789 | Report this post

lel  
Years ago

*Byron Mullens

Reply #674790 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Byron would be a poor fit. Athletic & mobile but too trigger happy with questionable shot selections. Good shotblocker but below par halfcourt D.

I think Manu suggested someone like Akil before & even with his bad FT, he is more the type the Kings need. Not rocket science really, they just need to add 2 import bigs & 1 local vet big who would be happy to play a role, bring energy & hustle on D & rebounding. You have ~6 months to look, more than enough time if you know what you're doing.

Reply #674825 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

So not enough time, is what you're saying, Steve? :)

Reply #674830 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Bryon Mullens would be a textbook Kings signing. I can already see the email from the Kings hit my inbox with the subject "Sydney Kings sign NBA Veteran Bryon Mullens", with the entire body of the write up detailing his NBA career, in particular the double digit scoring average (leaving out the sub-.400 shooting) he had one season, and not mentioning where he's been playing lately. From what I remember of him in the NBA, he'd make Blanchfield blush with some of the horribly inefficient shots he threw up.

Reply #674839 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

There's a reason BJ Mullens was playing Iran last season and the UAE the year before that.

Reply #674858 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

LOL Wookiee, quite plausible that's what I was saying...

You'd think AngusH was being sarcastic, but with this mob... the likelihood is higher than what it should be. Although I did hear Gaze on the Splash podcast a few hours ago saying he's hoping they can get someone like Josh Boone for next season.

At least sounded like he has a basic idea of what they need, but whether that brief inkling can translate into reality without getting sidetracked by silly ideas of 'perfect shuffle offense', NBL GSW or some other rubbish thought bubble about 'exciting brand of basketball', who knows...

Reply #674948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Curious question, how do people randomly select former NBA players and say they'd be good in nbl. How the hell do you pick Mullins? Why not Hilton Armstrong, Charlie Villenuava, Patrick Ewing Jr. Why pick that one player, there's plenty, why not just say a veteran centre with NBA experience that's either a banger inside or is a perimeter player. Again, just curious

Reply #675082 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Yeah that was straight out of the blue suggestion, its a bit odd & really why does it have to be ex-NBA talent? Plenty out there without that can do just as well or even better. Speaking of which, just read that Jameel McKay just got released by his Japanese club Shimane. There you go, someone without NBA talent that could've helped more than Tyler.

Reply #675113 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754