Bravo
Years ago

Grand Final MVP - Betting

Markets are open for the Grand Final MVP.

Anyone see any value? I guess you are essentially backing that their team to win the championship as well.

$6 - Ware
$7 - Cotton
$8 - Prather, Tokoto
$11 - Johnson, Boone, Creek
$13 - Goulding
$15 - Wesley
$17 - Sosa
$18 - Martin
$21 - Childress, Shorter
$26 - Christmas
$31 - Newbill, Wagstaff, Abercrombie
$41 - Moore, Brandt
$51 - Cooke Jnr, Deng
$67 - Vukona
$81 - Pledger, Moller, Anderson, Walker, Hodgson, Loe, Ili
$126 - Barlow, Delaney, Penney
$226 - Teys, Adnam, Majok

Topic #42802 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe Shorter or Moore? Goulding? Sixers and United are favourites to win through, which would be a factor.

Reply #675036 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Creek at $11 is tempting.
Melbourne is the toughest to pick any of their starters could win it.

Reply #675038 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Childress could be worth a look if Adelaide make it. Given his experience he could be the type to step it up in a finals series.

Reply #675039 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Creek at $11 looks the best value. You'd think if Adel win it, he's likely to star in the wins.

Reply #675042 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

What, no Kernich-Drew?

Reply #675048 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Boone at $11 as they look hard at stats in GF series. I think Ware Prather and Goulding will score but Boone will stand out

Reply #675050 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

Walker at $81 probably worth a 10$ bet.

Only needs to play 2 brilliant games.

Reply #675051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is Sobey from Adl he will win it!

Reply #675052 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Gleeson was just laughing at Sobey's game last time they came to Perth. Sobes is a STREAKY guy who will have no impact on the finals if Adelaide even make it.

Reply #675059 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

United is Casper's team. The $6 is a deserved favourite and probably a good enough price too

Reply #675061 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Some of those just make no sense, I think they left a zero off Cooke Jnr.

In terms of Value, I reckon Martin at $18. He's done it before, and he's capable of looking good in a losing team.

I actually think Ware is a little short. I imagine Melbourne must be favourites, but he's hardly a lock.

Also Cotton is very short considering the Cats are unlikely to make it.

Childres at $21 could be a good roughie

Reply #675081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boone might be a solid pick.Damo at 18 bucks another solid roughy

Reply #675083 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Maybe my logic is off, but I'm looking at it as a multibet.

Team to win championship and player to be best of the bunch in the grand final win.

United is $2.00 to win it all (which I think is fair), so that'd make Casper $3.00 to be the best player in his side. Good odds imo.

Reply #675085 | Report this post

ferdterguson  
Years ago

Manu Fieldel you wouldn't be able to get that multi with most places as its correlated.

Also some high odds on this market although its like betting into the Melbourne Cup before you know who is running. Hard for the punter to get right at this stage.

Reply #675099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu your logic isn't off except Ware @ $3 at semi final stage is short, okay if we were already up to the GF series and Utd were qualified into it. But then again everything is short at Australian corporate bookmakers... lol.

Reply #675120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Manu Fieldel you wouldn't be able to get that multi with most places as its correlated. "

What he means is that the Finals MVP is essentially a multi of who wins + the best player, since in sports almost all the time the Final MVP/Best on Ground comes from the winning side. So by dividing with the championship odds it gives you essentially the odds of that player being their teams best.

Reply #675122 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

How is the GF MVP determined? I.e. Who are the judges and what is the votes system?

Reply #675137 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I don't think its always just purely on stats, but often is.

Remember Martin won the finals MVP in the series against NZ despite scoring very low, but his D across the board was influential.

Then there is last season where Casey Prather had almost as much influence as Bryce Cotton and some could argue more consistent over the three games, but Cotton's 45 pt game won it.

Reply #675152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you like Melbourne to win the title, put your money on Goulding. Would likely be the leading scorer if they won, which gets you a fair part of the way there. As others have mentioned, Creek is the pick for Adelaide.

Put your money on these two and you have good value and the top two teams covered.

Reply #675271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From memory Hire came pretty close to getting it over Beal a few years ago

Reply #675274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got on Wesley at $17 and Creek at $11. Ware looks like he's not playing around though so may shorten even more if Melb finish NZ tomorrow night.

Reply #675794 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Then there is last season where Casey Prather had almost as much influence as Bryce Cotton and some could argue more consistent over the three games, but Cotton's 45 pt game won it.
It's voted game-by-game, 3-2-1, so Cotton must have got the votes in the earlier games as well.

From memory Hire came pretty close to getting it over Beal a few years ago
No.

Carfino made that claim during the presentation, but in reality it was simply that Carfino had given Hire his second-place vote for that game. I think those were the only votes Hire got from anyone on the panel (which had about five people on it) for the entire series. He was certainly nowhere near second place overall.

Reply #675807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754