SteveK2
Years ago

Bevo appointed head coach of Scotland MBB

Basketball Scotland have appointed Rob Beveridge as men's national team coach before next month's Commonwealth Games.

Beveridge, whose father is Scottish, also coaches Illawarra Hawks in his native Australia and replaces the sacked Tony Garbelotto with Scotland.

He was assistant coach for Australia when they won gold in 2006.

"It is an absolute privilege and honour to be given the opportunity to lead Scotland at the Commonwealth Games," said Beveridge, 47.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/basketball/43263970

Topic #42814 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Congrats to Bevo.
Not much time to make an impact on the team with the games starting in a month though!

Reply #675697 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I couldn't work out from the article if the appointment is just for the Comm Games specifically or will continue after that?

As Bevo is just meeting up with the team on the GC probably not a continual thing.

Reply #675703 | Report this post

thatguyontheend  
Years ago

Cheaper to have a coach based in the country of the veent - can imagine this is just for the Comm Games - nice little off-season coin and resume booster

Reply #676278 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Just for event as Scotland does not compete as a separate country in FIBA events - they are rolled up into "Great Britain"

Reply #676284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Scotland only has 5 players, so I hope Bevo read the contract that says player/coach role.

Reply #677069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only country where they wear kilts instead of shorts on the basketball court.

Reply #677074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Halftime haggis break.

Reply #677075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754