magical_player
Years ago

Locked: Western Magic!

Just to let everyone know Western Magic has been OFFICIALLY accepted into the district competition.
Bring It On!

Topic #4282 | Report this topic

dont sook  
Years ago

look out barossa central sooks!

Reply #49686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea nah play 4 western. brilliant club ... not and bag cnetals please!!!!!!!!!!!!

ur a player .....not.

Reply #49694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville leavers have no game!!!!!!!!

Reply #49696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here's the hot tip. A coach who help set up the newest ABL club is now helping set up this one, out of St Clair Recreation Centre.

Reply #49700 | Report this post

>..stranger..<  
Years ago

will 'western magic' be in the normal district competition? so will they be playing north, south, forestville etc? is that what you mean? and how many team will they have

Reply #49701 | Report this post

magical_player  
Years ago

They will be playing in normal district compettition. Jnrs are U/14 Girls Div 4
U/18 Girls Div 3
U/18 Boys Div 4
U/20 Mens Div 3
Plus a men's and women's team.

Reply #49710 | Report this post

Underzied Pf  
Years ago

ok magical player, bring it on, to the U20's division 3. Thats an intelligent move for once future prospects.

Reply #49743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Plus a men's and women's team."

is that an ABL mens and womens team, or just a lower division team?

Reply #49754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel sorry for these guys.The talented core they have should have them in div 2 at least.I am sure they will perforn well and if allowed to then will go up a grade. People should now realise the lads in question have made their choice and we should accept that and let them get on with it. The lads themselves should also be thankful for the efforts of the people that helped develope their talents through the junior grades.

Reply #49755 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

What they have done though is good in a way. They wern't happy playing for there other clubs so they formed another club. Good Luck in the future. In the next couple of seasons they need to grow and get more u14-u16's

Reply #49756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can we have a roster for u20 div 3 team?
i roughly know whos in it, but for some giving up a u20 div 1 spot to play div 3... why?

Reply #49773 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

im doing my best to keep a player away from joining to western'hardly'magic.

Reply #49779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

newest abl club? the newest abl club was Eastern Mavericks and after 12 or so years i would hardly call them new

Reply #49780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hear is who i have heard is playing(sorry about spelling)
Steph hoffman(woodville div 1, ex sasi player)
sam harvey(woodville div 1)
ian branch (woodville div 1)
ben seal (woodville 18 div 2)
bryce ingham (woodville didnt play this season due to yr12)
terry (from west)
george ?????(social player)
jimmy ??? (social player)

this is what i have heard

Reply #49782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just a quick question what is woodville doing to help keep there good players? they obviously wanna play u20's for magic what about the future

Reply #49783 | Report this post

west would feel that - struggling to get numbers in u14 girls - this div 4 team pops up at st clair - woodville are a bit better off with several u14 girls teams

Reply #49785 | Report this post

that line up is hardly an u20 div 3 team

Reply #49786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic will go alright in div 1 i recon, they have gun players. good luck stef, sam and izz.
hope u dont get any tall unco players this year (wink wink)

Reply #49788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if i remember correctly, ian branch was pretty close to making a state team in u16s?

Reply #49789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep he was hes a tank

Reply #49790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon (#49780) - regardless of its age, one club MUST be the newest. the number of years its been around is irrelvant.

Reply #49798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In reply to Anonymous "hope u dont get any tall unco players this year (wink wink)" you are pathetic. I bet you are a has been or a never was. Easy to talk it up, bet you can't do it on the court. This is where you are creating a hostile enviroment about Magic players. Go play elsewhere and have fun but don't talk crap till you can prove you are better. All of these players have had a lot of help along the way to make them what they are now. It has not been from a junior program that Magic was responsable for. Anyone can take good players from a club and put them in a team and have some sucess.I like the lads in the team but people like you are making it hard not to start to lose respect for them.

Reply #49812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whinge whinge whinge. this is an open forum, they can have their opinion.

Reply #49823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with the above Magic players just whinge whinge whinge.

Reply #49835 | Report this post

penn4  
Years ago

Hi All

If we have new clubs that enter the district competition good on them. I realy don't care who they are.

It could only benefit Basketball
in SA.

The past is the past, lets get on with it.

To answer 49754 no ABL mens or womens teams, they have 2 lower divison teams. 1 Div 5 men and I think 1 Div 4 women. Not sure about the women's team may be DIV 3?

They are doing the right thing puting the teams in at the right level see how they go and build
them up. I assume.

It would have been a no win situation if they nominated Div 1 or 2 some of you guys would have got stuck into them in this forum.

Don't forget 3 good players don't make the whoile team It's how they work togethr in the team dynamics and how they can encourage their team mates to bring them to the same level with confidence.

I think we should be worrying about or own clubs/team first.

The way to decide who is the beter player or team is on the court, let that decide it. And both have fun doing.

Last Tueaday the Western Magic men played their first game against us, we won, they have some good players they never gave up, all they need is to build on that, get more district match game experience together and they will do OK.

They worked well together as a team for there first game in district mens basketball.

Reply #49839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

welldone penn4. good answer. i think it takes alot of guts to do what these magic players have done. i take my hat off to them.

Reply #49895 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

they kept there 50 point loss to centrals in div 5 men quiet??????

Reply #49937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the men and women are still waiting for clearance from their clubs. I reckon things will improve when they have their full teams.

Reply #49947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with all those ex woodville players there may not be enough shots to go around.

Reply #50088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what does that mean?

Reply #50092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the under 20's side has 1 awesum player and 2 good but not great players. They wouldnt be that great, but will dominate div3 most prob and div2 might make finals. depends on the competition. Prob is, they have no height.

Reply #50104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'anon (#49780) - regardless of its age, one club MUST be the newest. the number of years its been around is irrelvant'

my question was
' re: Western Magic! (#49700)
here's the hot tip. A coach who help set up the newest ABL club is now helping set up this one, out of St Clair Recreation Centre.'

which abl coach was this referring to i am a little lost, abl is played by senior men and women the others just play district comp. the abl or aba relates to div i men and women and only for the main season

the newest abl club then is eastern as they are the last to join unless you consider southern tigers being an a new club which i don't.

semantics maybe semantics but lets get the story straight please.

which coach?

Reply #50332 | Report this post

good job  
Years ago

good job western majic um where is the new club/teams based

Reply #50353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#50332) - K.Goodenough

Reply #51296 | Report this post

Wateva  
Years ago

Does all this trashing of magic have a point. I mean appart from showing just how soft people are. The more they trash without having played against them the more they show their lack of mental aptitude.

Reply #51372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic seems to be doing a fair bit of trashing themselves. Hope they can walk the talk. Good luck anyway.

Reply #51387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol its walk the walk... the saying is they can talk the talk but can the walk the walk

Reply #51405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol The saying is they can talk the walk but can they walk the talk. 51405 get a life.

Reply #51409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so is kym goodenough setting up this club? wow..... good luck.

Reply #52028 | Report this post

Eddie #55  
Years ago

#51405 was right moron.

Reply #52366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#52366 Check out sayings on google sites and see who was right moron.

Reply #52512 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

So where are they going to source players when their top age players move on?

Reply #52889 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

y r you guys baggin these guys "rejects", "wingers" yeh yeh i herd what happened at barossa last year BIG WHOOP they had a right to do wat they did and centrals should have played to the rules, how bout everyone concentrates on this season and not the past and give these guys a go.

My one question is does BASA have a rule on how many teams can play div 1 like if Magic ended up nominating div 1 teams would another club with a less strong team miss out?? or would they run the comp with 11 teams??

Good job guys hope you do well

Reply #57015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

member clubs only in div 1

last member club admitted was woodville and centrals back in 1983

eastern comes in as country affiliate or similiar

Reply #57016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western will not be allowed to play in div 1. If all the BASA clubs nominate for div 2 then they won't be able to nominate for div 2 either.

Reply #57037 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

ok then how would they become elegable 2 become a member club??

Reply #57189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The requirements were stated as;
Copy of Clubs Constitution & By-Laws
Names of Elected Officers
Structure of Administration
When Club was formed
Name of President's & Secretaries' since formation
Names of Members  Junior & Seniors
Sponsors (If any)
Copy of last Annual Report (inc Financial Statement)
Development Plans

for starters? you up to all of that yet?

Reply #57201 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

im not from magic was jus interested

Reply #57204 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:25 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754