Trigger Fan
Years ago

Is Fearne the only one that should go?

I have been a supporter of the Taipans for a long time and I don't think Fearne should be the only one to move on. Some questions need to answered by those above him also and in my opinion, need fresh faces there. Some people have made comment that we are going down the path of the Crocs. If so, we need new ideas coming from a new GM/CEO and new ideas from the board.

What do people think?

Topic #42826 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who? Beecroft?

Reply #675675 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Crowd numbers suggest otherwise, Townsville were only pulling 1500-2000 in their last few years, despite a great effort from Dennis and his squad at the time. Taipans are still averaging 4000 a game in a city with only 150-160k population base. The Taipans still have a very substantial profile in FNQ, something that the Crocs lacked in their last half-decade of existence.

Reply #675721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more.

The fact the Fearne is let go while Beecroft in particular remains is just laughable. Beecroft should have been the first one out the door so that the Taipans could start to rebuild in a new and more professional manner. Dude is a parasite who will single handedly bring about the demise of the Taipans if he is allowed to continue to call the shots. Wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the main people involved in getting rid of Fearne just to take pressure off himself.

Reply #675763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is Beecroft doing?

Reply #675764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are the dickheads that are always calling for Joeys head, gone pretty quiet unless Adelaide don't win it, then the floodgates open

Reply #675801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of corporate $ and fans sitting on the sidelines while current ceo/gm in place. Hopefully a change soon before too late.

Reply #675803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Where are the dickheads that are always calling for Joeys head, gone pretty quiet unless Adelaide don't win it, then the floodgates open"

Wait until the Grand Final for that.

Gleeson is making Joey look good at the moment, not surprisingly.

Reply #675812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The team struggle to spend money on the team but the GM is on a crazy fat cheque! I wonder if he did the coach out of a job to save his own!?!

Reply #675831 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Where are the dickheads that are always calling for Joeys head, gone pretty quiet unless Adelaide don't win it, then the floodgates open

dafuq has to do with this conversation?

For those of us outside of Cairns, what are the actual problems with Beecroft? (other than being overpaid like a lot of GMs?)

Reply #675832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reason I mentioned Joey is that he seems to be always mentioned as being terrible and should be fired yet his teams are always amongst the leaders. Fact, he hasn't won the big one with Adelaide but my point is that no one has mentioned him here, just waiting for the floodgates if they lose the GF, or wildcats come back.

Reply #675846 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

No-one has mentioned him here because this thread is about Aaron Fearne... Not everything here needs to be about Adelaide...

Reply #675849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then why is the title of the thread "Is Fearne the only one that should go?", just by the title it is inviting talk about everyone else but Fearne.

Reply #675947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The title refers to Taipans management i.e. the GM

Reply #675964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why the GM hate? Surely a GM should be on good money? Would be a lot less than the Head Coach I would have thought.

Reply #676038 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754