Isaac
Years ago

NH - Crows vs Port

Well, that was a convincing win!

You have to admire the style that the Crows played, playing on from marks quite frequently, whereas Port would hold it up until there was no option but to kick to a contest.

Entertaining game if you're a Crows fan!

Topic #4288 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

great game. funnist moment was when the fight broke out in the outer, i had a great view hahaha.

Port: Can't wint game, Can't win the fights.

Reply #49707 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Fantastic!

The best moment is when 35 of us started belting out the club song to the port fans!!!

priceless

Reply #49708 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

:-(

Crows play a tough style of footy and it has won them games all year. Should be a great game out West.

Power seemed to lack belief?! And any sort of game plan to counter the Crows.

Reply #49719 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

At the game last night, great game, I love it when Port lose!!!

Go the Crows!

Reply #49723 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

That win was on par with the 97 and 98 GF wins, GO CROWS!

Reply #49732 | Report this post

Ben Rutten  
Years ago

Port were pretending all year. They never beat an in-form top 8 team. Tredrea goalless, haha.

Reply #49733 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I did not mention the game at all during the week at work cause i was so worried about losing...now i'm going into work tomorrow with my entire crows gear on! stick it up em!

Reply #49734 | Report this post

pool bell  
Years ago

Yet its the Power fans accused of being bad sports and arrogant.....

As a Power fan, I would like to say well done to the Crows. They totally outplayed us, and if they play like that for the rest of the finals, they may as well have their name on the cup now.

I was disgusted in the Power's lack of effort, and the decision to flood in the 3rd quarter should cost a certain coach his job!

Reply #49796 | Report this post

pool bell  
Years ago

And as to Port not winning the fights...ask Rhett Biglands and Byron Pickett who won THAT battle?

:)

Reply #49797 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It bought a tear to my eye watching the second half the lads best performance of the year. I think they played as well as they ever have including the memoriable back-to-back. Now, onto Subiaco where we should also do the Weagles, just like a few weeks ago.

Crows were too quick, too skillful and just wanted the game more than Port. Like MW I had my doubts all week and kept the trap shut. There is only one patrol car in Canberra with a crows scarf on the rear parcel shelf.... mine!!!!!!!

Another thing that bought a tear to my eye, that bump on Biglands by Pickett, damn.....

Reply #49805 | Report this post

sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Even better than Tredrea being kept goalless was his direct oponent - full back of the year - kicked a goal on him. Now if that aint rubbing salt into the wound nothing is!

It amazes me how Picket can continually take down guys much bigger than him. How does he do that? Will he get any matches for that hit?

Reply #49809 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I think the bump was fair. He isn't huge but his strenghth is amazing. A very disapointing game, bring on next year. I think the Crows might go all the way. Adelaide is going to be unbareable!

Reply #49811 | Report this post

Winners  
Years ago

Not hard to bump someone with there head down. picket is a nugget of a bloke yes, but he is also dirty. The only player more dirty on that team is Josh Francou- too old too slow so he pokes peoples eyes and head butts them.

Reply #49822 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The Pickett bump was legit, I'm a crows fan and I think it was fair. He shouldn't get any games for it, old fashion footy at it's best.

It was interesting to see that the only time the Power was competitive was after that bump, and the Crows started to play the Power's style of biff-footy and forgot to play footy as they have been playing all year.

As a commentator said on TV, the players are all aware that when you get bumped by Pickett you stayed bumped, and players need to be aware of who is coming towards them.

Reply #49824 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I suppose when Riccuto broke that guys jaw 2 weeks ago, that was an accident. And also lets not forget your fantastic bickley who also broke wakelin's jaw. No club is perfect are they?

Reply #49826 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

And which Crow was it suspended after the last show down for a cheap, behind the play, head high hit?

At least Byron never hits off the play. Many non Port people beleive he was severaly shafted by the tribunal, who are trying to turn AFL footy into netball.

Don't want to be touched while playing your sport? Go pull on the netball skirt or the golf pants. Want good, hard, tpugh football, great!

Reply #49830 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Good work Crows, great game!

On the Pickett front can't blame him for playing by the rules. He is just too good at it (and yes, extremely stiff both times before the tribunal - first time should have been 3-4 weeks max, second time 1 week or a reprimand).

But like it or not, the rules will be changed to outlaw bumping (other than shoulder to shoulder) in the next couple of years as too many guys are being concussed. Byron may be the guy that makes the rule change happen more quickly.

Reply #49833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pickett is dirty?

Of course he is.

Fancy standing up for yourself when someone 20cm taller and 20kg heavier has lined you up front on from 15 metres away!

Reply #49861 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Im just wondering what BP can offer port next year his career has plummeted DOWN bigtime since last sept.

Reply #49930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

never hits off the play - what games have you been watching??

Reply #49941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In The Know what a joke a Port Fan!

Reply #50041 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

"In the Know" you are an idiot, bickley did it once, ricciuto hasnt been suspended in years, pickett is up at the tribunal 3/4 times a season? why? because he does hit people off the ball. Although i must admit the biglands hit was nothing to worry about for him, it was a fair hit and a good one at that.

Reply #50095 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I think Warren Tredrea had a fantastic game, holding his opponent to only one goal is commendable.

Reply #50150 | Report this post

Go Crows  
Years ago

Warren Tredrea is one of the most exciting players going around when he has average oponents defending him. Give him the ball with some space and he will hurt you all over the ground, provided he kicks straight.

However when he has a stong defender like Rutten or Scarlett he is made to look very average.

The good forwards like Carey, Ablett, Plugger and Modra could not be stopped no matter how good the defender, and defensive team in general.

Port need to get some good players around him in the forward line to reduce the need for him to dominate because he is not as good as the above mentioned players and never will be.

Reply #50152 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I'd argue Mick Martyn had Modra's measure every time just about

Reply #50156 | Report this post

Go Crows  
Years ago

Not the time he marked on Martyns head in the goal square, otherwise I stand corrected Mick was very good.

I still stand by my point though that given some reasonable defence Treders is over - rated.

Pavlich will be better.

Reply #50158 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Tredrea is a wing man in a centre half forwards body

Reply #50269 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Not 'Pavlich will be better'.

Pavlich is already better....

Reply #50272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pavlich has a long way to go before he can be better thatn tredrea. might be better than that shit perry bloke!

Reply #64459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:04 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754