Isaac
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets and free agency

BULLETS MVP winner Travis Trice is no certainty to return to Brisbane next season as the club prepares for one of the most frenzied NBL free agency periods in recent history.

Wooden spooner Brisbane has four players under contract for the 2018-19 NBL season — veteran guard Adam Gibson and the young trio of Tom Fullarton, Will Magnay and Tyrell Harrison.

Centre Tom Jervis has an option in his contract to return and is weighing up his decision.

The rest of the 2017-18 squad — including US import Trice, fellow American Stephen Holt and Boomers forward Daniel Kickert — will hit the free agency market which opens two weeks after the NBL grand final series.
The club is also monitoring Cameron Bairstow's rehabilitation from a knee reconstruction.
Full story

Mentions assistant coach Mick Downer likely being targeted by Cairns to replace Fearne.

Topic #42881 | Report this topic

Reality  
Years ago

Any ideas who the new Brisbane Coach will be?

Reply #677607 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Trice and Jervis to Wildcats...I Hope

Reply #677609 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I'd be happy to have Jervis back at the Wildcats. Also Trice if Cotton doesn't return.

Reply #677611 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Jervis will follow the cash you'd think..perhaps Brisbane extend his current deal as can;t see Wildcats letting Brandt go.

Reply #677615 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Makes you wonder if Perth will spend a bit more on Jervis this time around with how their front court was missing some of that oomph this season...

Reply #677618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the only main player they have signed up for next season outside of the youngsters is Gibson. Ouch...

Reply #677630 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Jervis would solve some problems for Perth. He would work well in tandem with Brandt.

Reply #677638 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I hadn't even given thought to Jervis coming back to Perth.
It wouldn't be a bad thing, good Aussie centres are hard to find and it keeps import spots open across other positions.

Reply #677642 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Rebounding and interior Defence, 2 things the Cats struggled with in the second half of the season and the 2 things Jervis will bring back.

Reply #677645 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'm sure they will sign another couple imports from other teams this year.

Reply #677647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will. Their import recruitment is lazy - just rehash imports that have already played in the league. Bullets are a placeholder team.

Reply #677657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't remember Perrin Buford playing in the NBL before...

Reply #677671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Outside of him.

Reply #677672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The entire Bullets organisation is lazy from top to bottom. They've failed to embrace the basketball community of SE Queensland.

The casuals don't even know that they're back in the NBL for crying out loud. I date a girl whose sister's kids are in one of the major district leagues. They've had no interaction with the Bullets since they came back. At the same time they've had quite a lot of discussion with several people interested in investing in another sure to fail Gold Coast team.

It's frustrating. I see a city that wants to embrace its local pro teams but who need to be embraced as well.

They just have no idea. Marketing is poor and out of touch.

Reply #677733 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

They need Big Joe in the front office again.

Reply #677748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why? Groves' Bullets also failed to embrace Brisbane. The last time Bullets were relevant were in the 80s. The ownership groups since have all failed to engage.

Reply #677783 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

@ Hendo, unless I'm very much mistaken then Bullets have got imports such as Loggins, McLain, Woodbury and yes technically they got back Bruton too after his Supercars stint.

Personally I loved that I got to see more of all of those imports so I won't kick up a stink about them recruiting Dolla Beal, Trice or Holt

Reply #678390 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

My apologies to Steve Woodberry and misspelling his name, absolute legend and him beating the 36ers in 1997 in that controversial ending.... still makes me as happy as any ending to a game

Reply #678391 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754