Zodiac
Years ago

Jazz to sign former Breaker David Stockton

File this one under who you know rather than what you know. Very, very fortunate to be back in the NBA.

G League guard David Stockton, son of Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, is signing a 10-day contract with the team, league sources told ESPN. Stockton, 25, is expected to join the Jazz today, sources said.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/report-jazz-to-sign-david-stockton-son-of-utah-legend-john-stockton-to-10-day-contract/

Topic #42913 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marketing tool because his daddy played there.

Reply #678478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair bit of sodium on here! Van Gundy recently said how impressed he was with stockstons play. I trust Jeff over you guys. Thanks for sharing the info though.

Reply #678484 | Report this post

He's the GOAT  
Years ago

John Stockton was my favorite ever player so I've followed David very closely. He has worked diligently on all of his weaknesses since he played for the Breakers. He's definitely not the same player that he was back then. I suspect if given an opportunity (which he likely wont be) that he could make the most of it.

Reply #678486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suspect part publicity but more so him being able to play the game. The Jazz are making a playoff push, they ain't signing a player that isn't going to help. He's not going to sell anymore season tickets or T-shirts. May well be cut very quickly, but he's made it even with the pressure of who his father is. Hope he plays well.

Reply #678511 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Rubio may be out for their next game so Stockton could be needed to backup Exum.

Reply #678513 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

You'd imagine he'd be a fan favourite and will get cheered when he enters the floor. Isn't there a Stockton drive near the stadium and it's close to Malone road (sorry if it's street, court, drive, avenue etc.) but that alone should make the kids excite to see him.

Good luck to him and I didn't think he was that bad a player as a Breaker, he looked aggressive but maybe didn't warrant being that way

Reply #682171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754