Anonymous
Years ago

Nbl fans need to express discontent

It appears obvious to many fans and not just those supporting the Sixers that the teams are not competing on a equal footing. Melbourne in particular seem to get many favours and not just in this series.

How can fans make kestleman take notice.

I suggest that just before tip off all fans get up and walk out of the stadium. They remain outside for 5-10 minutes before returning. It would have a dramatic impact and certainly would have a significant impact on the the live coverage.

There is little else fans could do

Topic #42957 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something needs to be done.

Reply #680166 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Yeah...and in the meantime by doing that you favour Melbourne again.

Reply #680172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's always complainers about refs. Take the L and move on

Reply #680180 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I think Sixers fans are drinking Joey's Kool-Aid tbh. Joey is a whinger and has made his team whingers, so the fans follow suit. They're jumping up and down so often that fans are just automatically thinking they're getting hard done by. The individuals (players) seem to have volatile personalities; at least when they're together in the team environment on the court. Having lost Game 1, they've been on the back foot since the beginning of the series, so coach/players/fans want something to complain about. The Sixers have whinged all year, but it didn't happen much late in the season as they were winning all the time, so they let slide the times they were 'wronged'.

This 'rub of the green' that United is getting is certainly not as big of a deal as people are making out.

Reply #680181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers had the best home cooking in years this season, they have everyone convinced they are sooooo much faster that defenders are always out of position and that's why they always get to the free throw line. A few calls go against them and the league is corrupt, biased, and it’s everyone else’s fault. Guess what, this is what it feels like playing Adelaide, enjoy you salty salty bastards!

Reply #680190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers had the best home cooking in years this season, they have everyone convinced they are sooooo much faster that defenders are always out of position and that's why they always get to the free throw line. A few calls go against them and the league is corrupt, biased, and it's everyone else’s fault. Guess what, this is what it feels like playing Adelaide, enjoy you salty salty bastards!
Nailed it. Breakers fan.

Reply #680192 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Well said, anon. They have everyone fooled. Desperate tricksters

Reply #680197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And all you United posers will winge for 6 months when we pants you next Saturday.

Posers

Reply #680206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah. Posers. That told em

Reply #680207 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Well yeah technically I'm posing as a United fan for the sake of cash money. I'd probably support them in this series anyway because, you know, it's Adelaide. I mean shit, they don't even have eftpos

Reply #680223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't bet in Adelaide. You have to find a tab that is open (Sunday, Adelaide, ha!) as there are no electronic payouts. Paper ticket paper money, old school baby

Reply #680225 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Give me your tears gypsies. Geez and people think the red army is salty.

The 36ers team have had a massive chip on their shoulders all season and I would say a lot of it comes fro the crap their coach is filling their heads with.

Reply #680230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach and the captain. Unprofessional and show poor leadership when the chips are down. I can only assume that is where their fans get it from. Oh, also having Australia's most prominent basketball journo make stuff up on the Sixers behalf also helps.

Reply #680231 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The Sixers have a chip on their shoulder equivalent to that of about 100 grey nomads combined

Reply #680238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Complain about what exactly? Sixers choking and now injured. Why would anyone pay good money to go to a game and then walk out? There's always next season to lose as well.

Reply #680247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cash only. No refunds. $0.10 back on empty bottles.

Reply #680251 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'll just say this... LK has carte blanche but that doesn't mean he's playing puppeteer for this series. I don't know for sure why Larry co-owns United, but I'd hazard a guess and say that he would want to see the home of Australian basketball and the team in the same city as NBL HQ to be as successful as it can be.

Not everything has to be a conspiracy. And that's hard for me to admit, because I fucking love conspiracies

Reply #680252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME thinks Melbourne are getting favoritism because they wear black.

Reply #680253 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

The man who saved the league and brought it to where it is and has no involvement in the day-to-day running of United???? Yeah stuff him...

Reply #680285 | Report this post

FMD. Adelaide were gifted game 2. Melbourne game 3. 3 gane series

Reply #680291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ROFL at the OP. How funny would it be to see 3 fans storm out at the start of the game, thinking they are making some great protest?

Reply #680312 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Keep an eye out. Get the spotlight ready

Reply #680319 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Will be watching the telecast closely to see the OP walking out haha.

Reply #680332 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Classic stuff by OP

Reply #680333 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

All I can say is I hope they have a fleet of Waaaaaaahhmbulances ready should 36ers lose today.

Reply #680355 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

NBL United rule Felix can't be in NBL United bench area for games 4 or 5.

Felix sits in NBL United bench area, joins every time out and quarter break.

NBL United decides not to take action against NBL United for violating NBL United's ruling.

World keeps on spinnin'.

Reply #680726 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Manu Fieldel, read my post under the previous heading "Offical south Australian fan complaint thread". I don't drink anyone's Kool Aid. My only opinions are based on fact and with evidence to prove it. In fact I said in the previous post that the refs awarded Melbourne 5 points they weren't entitled to. After watching this evidence time and time again, it was actually 6. We lost that game by 3. This was the 3rd game. Then we won the 4th in Adelaide.

Reply #681832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean the fourth game we're rhe free throw count was 44 to 1. In a single half. That one? In a single digit game. Series should have been over in four, but nice of the refs to give Melbourne fans a chance to witness history after two scheduling debacles in games 1 and 3. Dave Barlow gets it.

Reply #681860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide just weren't good enough. Game 5 was a thrashing.

You can't win championships playing fast break basketball. Good, disciplined defensive sides know how to slow the game down in the play-offs.

Reply #681870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC maybe watch both sides of the game. Just off the top of my head Deng get's 2 freebies he wasn’t entitled too on a baseline move when whistled for a foul by Goulding. Shit happens in every game. So just off one recalled play your 6 is down too 4. I’m sure I could grab you a few more.

Reply #681884 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754